About this event
What is it?
- It's a chance to drive your own car on a race track in a safe, fun, and supportive learning environment.
- It's a chance to learn more about yourself and your car, and to improve your driving skills.
- It's a chance to meet and socialize with a diverse group of friendly individuals who embrace performance driving and really enjoy Audi automobiles.
Driving your own car on a race track, away from busy streets, inattentive drivers, and other distractions, is not only great fun, it is the safest and most effective way to explore the capabilities of your car, while improving your driving skills at the same time.
Once you've experienced driving your own car on a race track you will know what the excitement is all about, and you will wonder why you waited so long to JUST DO IT!
Why Audi Club SoCal?
The best venues! This track is one of the safest and most fun tracks in the Southwest. If it is your first or tenth time to an Audi driving event you will have a blast.
Drive your OWN car! During all driving exercises, you will drive your own car. Club instructors will assist you in improving your driving skills, ensuring you get the most out of the experience, all in a safe learning environment.
Don’t have an Audi (yet)? No Problem! All makes and models of coupes and sedans are welcome at Audi Club SoCal driving schools.
We train you! At Audi Club SoCal, we don't just "drop you into the deep end"! Beginners and Novice drivers will spend the morning of the first day learning vehicle dynamics and practicing car control with a combination of classroom and driving skills exercises. After lunch, you and your instructor will join the more experienced drivers on the track for the remainder of the weekend. Whatever your level of experience, you will benefit from sessions tailored to your skill level and discussion sessions with your peers. In-car instruction and classroom sessions are included free with your registration.
Safety First! Run groups are established to allow students to be on track with other drivers of similar experience. Beginning students will always have an instructor in the car during on-track driving sessions. This event is not a race, so passing is allowed only on designated sections of the course and under controlled conditions. Drivers with documented experience will be placed in a run group appropriate for their demonstrated skill level and their car's capabilities. Instruction and coaching is provided at all level of driver experience, and drivers of all skill and experience levels are welcome!
Registration Fees: The student registration fee of only $525 (early bird discounts apply) represents an incredible bargain! The fee includes everything necessary for two days of fun with your car, including
- Driving theory classroom sessions at the track for all levels
- Car control exercises for beginners and novices
- On-track instruction with a trained instructor in your right seat available for every driver
- Online learning - course is required for new drivers and available to everyone registered at a deep discount
- Light Dinner at Friday evening registration
- Lunches at the track both days
- An enjoyable Saturday night Banquet Dinner with great raffle prizes and an automotive goodies auction
- Audi Club North America allows many models of late model convertible cars at our driving school
- Audi Club North America allows selected models of small, sporty SUV/CUVs at our driving school (for example, Q3, Q5, and SQ5)
- Optional Friday Experienced Driver Day - Audi Club SoCal's experienced drivers will be on the full 4 mile Andretti course on Friday! This is a modified open pit-lane day giving drivers plenty of track time. Friday does not include formal instruction, so Friday is for our experienced drivers only. An additional registration fee applies.
Who are we?
The Audi Club of North America (ACNA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization providing its members with driver safety training and education about the Audi brand. Audi Club SoCal is the Southern California Chapter of ACNA, serving our members in Southern California and Southern Nevada. To support ACNA's educational purpose, Audi Club SoCal offers a range of events throughout the year including technical seminars, social events, driving tours, as well as High Performance Driving Education schools. Our driving schools are open to all ACNA members driving any make and model of coupe. sedan and limited SUVs. Audi Club SoCal is sponsored by Audi dealerships and other specialty automotive businesses throughout our geographic region, many of whom offer attractive discounts to club members.
When you join ACNA you will automatically become a member of the Southern California chapter if you live in our geographic region of Southern California and Southern Nevada. ACNA members receive "quattro", a glossy national magazine, discounts on new Audis, deals from ACNA sponsors, and emails from our local chapter informing you about events happening throughout the year. Audi ownership is not required for ACNA membership.
Still have Questions? You may contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get all the details
This High-Performance Driver School is a safe, exciting, fun, and educational two days spent with friendly people at a terrific Motorsports venue. You will learn about your car and its capabilities in a safe, controlled environment. When you have completed this school, your improved driving skills will enhance your daily driving experience. You will learn from and with other Audi owners and club members, forge new friendships, and make lasting memories.
Click the Continue button below to view event details and requirements. If you are new to MotorsportReg.com, you will be asked to create a free account.
This is event is a High Performance Driving School. The primary focus of the entire weekend is on SAFETY, FUN, and LEARNING. You will have a great time and improve your own personal performance behind the wheel.
This is not a racing event, a racing school, or practice for racing.
You will be learning and practicing the art and principles of precision driving in Your Car in a safe, fun, and relaxed (but highly-organized) school setting. The event is conducted at a private Motorsports club under close supervision by experienced and trained Audi Club instructors. You will learn safe techniques for handling and controlling your own vehicle with increased confidence. This training allows you to safely explore your capabilities as a driver as well learn about the capabilities of your vehicle. The training will help prepare you for emergencies that may occur in normal everyday driving situations.
At no time will you be pushed or encouraged to go any faster than is comfortable for you. All participants will be provided with instruction and organized into run groups according to prior experience, demonstrated skill, and type of vehicle. While this is for your safety it will also enhance your learning by providing an opportunity to share the day's experience with your peers.
Here's What's Happening this year at Spring Mountain!
- Weekend Track Configuration On Saturday and Sunday we will conduct our Driving School on the Mansell C configuration, the fun 3.4 mile traditional layout. The "C" variation includes the Bus Stop, but not the Loop.
- Friday Experienced Drivers Day - Instructors and Experienced students can add a 3rd day of track time to their weekend experience. There will be no formal instruction on Friday, but all drivers are encouraged to seek informal feedback from their peers and to ride with an Instructor. We will drive the Andretti C configuration on Friday, a fun and challenging extra-long 4.0 mile configuration with the full infield. The "C" variation includes the Bus Stop, but not the Loop. Friday is for Audi Club's C-Intermediate & D-Advanced drivers plus our XY-Instructors. If you are new to Audi Club, see the Experienced Driver section near the end of this page to check your qualifications for Friday.
- A & B Students on Friday – While we look forward to our A-Beginners and B-Intermediate drivers joining us on Friday evening for check in and meetings and for the driving school on Saturday and Sunday, you are WELCOME and encouraged to show up early on Friday and hang out at the track. This is a great opportunity for you to get demo rides with our instructors.
- Mountain Falls Golf Club – The luxurious Mountain Falls Golf Club continues as our venue for ALL social and non-driving activities. This includes Friday afternoon check-in, the Friday evening mandatory meetings, and the Saturday evening banquet. The Golf Club is located just a few minutes from the track.
Preliminary Schedule – This schedule is preliminary and subject to change. A detailed event schedule will be provided at check-in on Friday evening.
Friday January 17, 2020
Experienced Driver Day at the Track - Andretti C
- 7:15 AM Friday Check-In at the track – “C” building classroom
- 7:45 AM Friday Drivers Meeting – “C” building classroom
- 8:10 AM First Car On-Track
- 5:00 PM Track Cold
Event Check-In and Meetings at the Mountain Falls Golf Club
5:00 PM: Driving School Check-In & Light Supper
6:30 PM: Mandatory First-Timers and Instructors Meetings
7:30 PM: Mandatory All-Drivers Meeting and meet your instructor
Saturday January 18, 2020
All Day: Driving School at the Track – Mansell C
Evening: Banquet Dinner, Raffle and Auction at Mountain Falls Golf Club
Sunday January 19, 2020
All Day: Driving School at the Track – Mansell C
Note: The weekend event is a two-day driving school, not two one-day schools and not a one-day or two-day “track-day”.
The student registration fee for this Audi Club SoCal High Performance Driver School is $525*. Your registration fee includes everything necessary for two days of learning more about yourself and your car including online study materials, driving theory classroom, car control exercises for beginners and novices, on-track instruction both days with a trained instructor in your right seat, a light dinner at Friday evening check-in, Saturday & Sunday lunch at the track, and the Saturday night banquet Dinner, featuring raffle prizes and auction items.
If this is your first time driving a car at a race track, SoCal Audi Club includes a complimentary helmet rental.
*Save some coin and help us plan for this event - Take advantage of our Black Friday thru Cyber Monday discounts!
The Track This Audi Club SoCal driving school will be held at Spring Mountain Motor Resort & Country Club, an exclusive country club with a modern road course located at 3601 South Hwy 160, Pahrump, NV 89048 (800) 391-6891. Spring Mountain is 55 miles West of downtown Las Vegas. With a challenging race track and an array of resort-style amenities, Spring Mountain delivers a world-class Motorsports experience to driving enthusiasts of all levels. The Spring Mountain Motor Resort & Country Club road course includes over 6 miles of track and can be driven in more than 50 configurations; there are thousands of square feet of air-conditioned permanent structures, including a luxury clubhouse with resort-style amenities, rental condominiums, racing schools and shops, an indoor shooting range, and private members garages. There are luxury track-side homes, and coming soon an additional 8 miles of track with an onsite commercial center with a hotel casino. If you’re serious about performance driving, Spring Mountain is truly a destination not to be missed.
Friday afternoon Check-In and evening Meetings and the Saturday evening banquet will be held at the Mountain Falls Golf Club, 5001 Clubhouse Dr, Pahrump NV 89061 (775) 537-6553. Mountain Falls is a short 10 minute drive east of Spring Mountain. Saturday evening's Banquet, Raffle and Auction will feature many cool items from our sponsors.
Hotel Audi Club has blocked rooms at the Best Western Pahrump Oasis, 1101 S. Hwy 160, Pahrump NV 89048 (775) 727-5100. Mention Audi Club to obtain a room in the block and get the Audi Club room rate. Once the block of rooms is gone, reservations are subject to availability and may be at standard rates.
Book your room EARLY – Pahrump hotels are known to fill up! Other lodging choices include: In Pahrump - the Holiday Inn Express, Nugget Hotel & Casino and Saddle West Hotel & Casino. It is about a 45+ minute drive to Las Vegas hotels.
Camping RV Camping is available at the Best Western Pahrump Oasis RV Park. Reservations and check-in for the RV Park are at the hotel numbers and address above. There are other RV Parks in the Pahrump area. Audi Club has NOT arranged for camping at the track for this event.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast." — Leonardo da Vinci
An Audi Club SoCal driving school is much more than just a track day. We provide you with a balanced learning environment utilizing modern eLearning, classroom, and on-track instruction.
This is a high-performance driver safety education school - it is not practice for any racing or speed contest. All participants will attend classroom sessions designed to teach vehicle dynamics and safe driving techniques. Classroom and driving time will be balanced to give drivers a better understanding of the principals and application of precision driving.
Car Control Exercises
Drivers Skill classroom and driving exercises are provided on Saturday morning for our beginning drivers. You will practice the principles you've learned in a safe environment before going on the track with your personal instructor later in the day.
Speed Secrets Performance Driving 101 online course
Audi Club SoCal is pleased to partner with respected driving coach Ross Bentley of Speed Secrets fame. Ross offers SoCal Audi Club drivers a generous 50% discount on a lifetime subscription to his incredible Speed Secrets Performance Driving 101 and advanced Inner Speed Secrets 201 eCourses.
Is this your very First Time driving on a race track? SoCal Audi Club requires first-timers to take the Speed Secrets Performance Driving 101 eCourse before arriving!
Learn (or refresh your understanding of) the principles of performance driving at your own pace before you arrive. You will learn in easy to digest modules on Vision, Controls (steering, braking, accelerator), Shifting, Vehicle Dynamics, and Cornering. Completion of the online eCourse is required for first-timers and highly recommended for everyone else – doing so will allow you to make the best use of your valuable time at the track. To learn more visit learn.speedsecrets.com. The Audi Club SoCal discount code will be provided in the confirmation email you receive when you register for this event.
Brief Summary of Driver Requirements
- Drivers must be at least 18 years old (SMMR requirement) and possess a valid driver's license (not a learner's permit) issued by their state of residence (ACNA requirement).
- Drivers must provide and wear an approved auto racing helmet, a long-sleeve shirt, long pants and practical closed-toe shoes while engaged in the car control exercises and on-track driving sessions. Clothing should be made of natural or flame-retardant fibers.
Current membership in the Audi Club of North America (ACNA) is required by our insurance.
- Audi ownership is not required for ACNA membership.
- ACNA member benefits include a quarterly glossy magazine titled "Quattro", preferred pricing on new Audi automobiles, and discounts from club sponsors.
- Join Audi Club at www.audiclubna.org/join.
Brief Summary of Vehicle Requirements
- All makes and models of coupes and sedans are welcome.
- All cars must be in excellent mechanical condition.
- All cars are required to undergo and pass a safety check (aka Tech Inspection) prior to arriving at the event.
- Equal safety restraints (seat belts, air bags, seats, etc.) are required for the driver and for the instructor passenger.
- Use of competition tires is not permitted for SUVs or A-Beginner and B-Intermediate drivers, and is discouraged for C-Intermediate drivers.
- Open cars and convertibles are allowed if equipped with ACNA-approved OEM rollover protection or an approved aftermarket 4-point (or greater) roll bar meeting the broomstick rule. (FAQ: the OEM rollover protection on Mazda Miata / MX-5 is NOT ACNA-approved.)
- Certain performance-oriented sports utility and crossover vehicles are permitted with restrictions. In general most high center of gravity vehicles (large SUV and pickup trucks) are not appropriate for this high speed driving school. No competition tires are permitted on these vehicles.
- Inquire about your convertible or SUV/CUV model, or see the list on our website.
Participants must wear helmets bearing Snell SA2010 (or later), or Snell M2010 (only) certification. The certification label must be accessible for verification for the helmet to be allowed. DOT-only rated motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Snell M2010 motorcycle helmets are the only generation of motorcycle helmets which are accepted and are only permitted in cars without supplemental roll-over protection (roll bars). .
BEFORE REGISTERING, all drivers MUST review the detailed event requirements and download the inspection form from our website http://www.audiclubna.org/southern-california/driving-school
For future reference, this information page will continue to be available from your MotorsportReg.com Dashboard or at https://msreg.com/AudiSoCalSM19.
Friday Experienced Driver Day - Optional for C & D Students, & Instructors
Make that long drive or tow to the track really count! All Instructors and Experienced Drivers are encouraged to add the optional Friday open track day to their registration. We will be lapping the full Andretti C course on Friday! Friday is for all Audi Club Instructors and C-High Intermediate and D-Advanced student drivers. If you believe your experience at other clubs might qualify you to drive on Friday, please refer to the Experienced Driver section, below.
Passing in all run groups at Audi Club driving schools will only occur in designated passing zones with the permission of the car being passed. Passing may be on either side in all run groups, and the car being passed is expected to drive their normal line. Therefore, the passing car should plan on driving off-line to complete the pass. Off-Line is usually (but not always!) the side of the track that is in the direction of the next corner.
ACNA requires the use of turn signals to indicate permission to pass. Turn signals will be used in the same manner as when driving on the public street (aka “Nürburgring style").
The designated passing zones will be indicated with a green cone at the start of the passing zone and a yellow cone at the end of the passing zone. All passes must be complete before the end of the passing zone (prior to the start of the braking zone). No late passing into the corners ("dive bombing") will be tolerated. There will be a minimum of four designated passing Zones for all Run Groups.
The Audi Club passing protocol will be used on all three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).
First-Timer? If this is your first time at an Audi Club driving school, please read our First-Timers Introduction and Preparation article on our website.
Experienced Driver? Are you an experienced student driver or instructor but registering with Audi Club SoCal for the first time? Please make sure your driving history in your MotorsportReg.com Profile is fully up to date. This will help us place you in an appropriate run group. Do you have questions about your driving or instructing qualifications? Please contact Alex Whitney, our Chief Instructor, at email@example.com.
Garages Rental day garages are NOT available at Spring Mountain.
HPDE Insurance Will my regular insurance policy cover damage to my car at this event? This article helps you find out: A guide to your personal auto policy. If you find your regular policy excludes coverage, you may purchase special HPDE insurance for your car while participating in this Audi Club driving school. Audi Club has an exemplary safety record which qualifies our drivers for a 10% premium discount. Visit the Audi Club page on LocktonMotorsports.com for details. To purchase your policy online search by the date and track.
Still have Questions? Contact Audi Club SoCal at (714) 660-3453 or Ben Payne Event Master, at firstname.lastname@example.org.