About this event
Join us this Fall to help us celebrate 70 years of the Texas Region SCCA with a fun-packed weekend of National-level RoadRallying on some of the best rally roads in North Texas. The Texas Trifecta includes three events: ONTO Fall National Course Rally and ONTO Fall National GTA Rally on Saturday, and Aftershock National Tour Rally on Sunday. Liz Witt is Rallymaster and John Poulos is Chairman for all three events.
Aftershock National Tour Rally: a 165 miles scenic tour on the best paved (and they’re mostly good) roads of Collin and Grayson Counties. Just two very short unpaved sections. With fun speeds and some timing controls in challenging places. This is a precision driving event. We give you speeds to travel and then time you at points along the route to see how well you maintain those speeds. It is not a contest of speed or racing. Timing will be with the Richta app. We will send you information on it after you pre-register. Also, we plan to conduct a brief Rally School via Zoom on October 9th, including a very short test rally that you can run to see how the app works, before rally day. For those who can’t join the live session, we will post a YouTube video of the session.
Pre-registration on MSReg.com required. In addition to this Tour Rally, you can enter either the Course or the GTA event on Saturday. If you’re running Saturday and Sunday events, you must register for each separately.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures have been developed and will be put into place to support this objective. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you and to make the decision on whether or not to participate.
Headquarters Hotels: side-by-side properties
- SpringHill Suites Dallas McKinney/Allen, 2660 S Central Expy, McKinney, TX 75070 (469-678-5047) – registration/check-in at this property
Book your group rate for SCCA Road Rally by October 1st. Includes a free hot breakfast buffet.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton- McKinney, 2630 S Central Expy, McKinney, TX 75070 (4696785045
Home2Suite SCCA Rally Group Rate by October 1st. Includes a free hot breakfast buffet.
Friday, October 22
5:00 PM to 8:00 PM Optional Registration/Check-in at headquarters hotel.
Sunday, October 24: Aftershock National Tour Rally
7:00 AM to 8:00 AM Check-in for teams not running a Saturday rally
8:01 AM Car #1 receives Route Instructions
8:31 AM Car #1 starts rally at headquarters hotel
~ 3:30 PM Car #1 finishes rally.
- Length: approx. 165 miles (~6 ½ hours, including breaks)
- Lunch break in Sherman: 45 minutes (options to be provided)
- Finish: McKinney (location TBD); results to be announced and trophies awarded there.
- Rally type: TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Tour
- Classes: E (Equipped), L(Limited), S (Stock), SOP (Seat-of-the-Pants - no timing calculations may be performed; a smart phone, a clipboard and pencil are all you need)
- Route: paved roads in Collin County and (some) in Grayson County
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- SCCA membership requirements: at least one SCCA Member required in each car, either regular/annual Member or Weekend Member; if not currently a Member, you will be able to become a Weekend Member during online pre-registration
- Rally entry fee:
- Regular SCCA Member competing for National points (classes E, L, S): $60
- Regular SCCA Member not competing for National points (SOP class): $35
- Weekend Member not competing for Nat’l points (SOP class): $45 (includes membership fee).
- Rally Master: Liz Witt. Direct questions about rules or rally design to Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules at least 14 days before the event. All entrants must pre-register – no same-day registration allowed – and you are advised to pre-register as early as possible. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the sixth event in the 2021 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a National Tour Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 21-RRNT-20745; as such, it qualifies for the National SCCA RoadRally Championship. If you enter as Class SOP, you qualify for Regional points but not National points.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Weekend Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Weekend Member during online pre-registration. The following scenarios apply:
(1) If both Driver and Navigator are already regular Members, either one can complete this registration for the team and receive the Member rate for the for the team/car.
(2) If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration, so as to receive the Member entry fee rate for the team/car. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
(3) If neither Driver nor Navigator are regular Members, you have the option of first signing up for a regular Membership (www.scca.org). and then returning to this registration process, now under one of the previous two scenarios. Otherwise, if you proceed, the registration system will assign the person registering as a Weekend Member, which entitles them to certain benefits (see below). The other person(s) in the car will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part). If there is a preference for who becomes a Weekend Member, then that person should complete this registration. The other occupants if the car will be registered as Trial Members (no action required on their part). Under this scenario, you qualify for the Non-Member/Weekend Member entry fee rate, which includes the cost for the one Weekend Membership.
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.
Term: 5 days (consecutive) from day of initial event
Entitled to full participation privileges in SCCA events excluding SCCA Pro Racing events
Entitled to apply a $15 coupon towards any SCCA Annual Membership within 60 days of issuance
Weekend Member will receive email with details and membership upgrade coupon a day or two after the Rally