About this event
The Adventurous Reno Road Trip
Calling all 4-Matics (All vehicles are welcome)
March 26-28 (Friday-Sunday)
Space is limited
Friday, March 26, 2021
1st gathering place: Mercedes Benz of Walnut Creek
1302 Parkside Dr., Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Departing at 10:00AM
2nd gathering place and lunch stop: Mercedes Benz of Sacramento
1810 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825
Departing at 2:00PM
Pit stops - TBA
Designated Hotel: Eldorado Resort Casino, Reno $110 up/night/room (Self-Reservation)
Restaurants – dinner at the restaurants in Eldorado Resort & Casino
Saturday, March 27, 2021
The National Automobile Museum at 10:00 AM
The Nevada Army National Guard Facilities 1:45 PM – 3:30 PM
This is an exclusively and privately event arranged by our MBCA Western Regional Director, Lance Taylor-Warren. This tour will be hosted and guided by Captain Zackary Taylor-Warren. The space is limited to 18 SFBA participants and No Photography Allowed at the facilities.
A social dinner party in Reno
Guests of honor: Lance, Lori, and Captain Zackary Taylor-Warren.
Sunday, March 28, 2021
Departing at 11:00AM
*Events and schedules are subjected to change!
1. We will be using Motorsport.reg for member registration. The registration fee is $20 per participant, and the fee includes the museum admission ticket as well as the SFBA section’s handling service (the registration fee is non-refundable).
2. All participating members will be booking and paying for their hotel accommodations as well as the meals as they occur. The designated hotel is the Eldorado Resort Casino in Reno.
3. There will be two gathering places assigned for the convenience of the members who live in the Walnut Creek and Sacramento areas.
4. March is considered a rainy month in California and Nevada. The adventurous road trip to Reno is calling all 4Matic owners to a snowy driving experience. The participating members are not limited to Mercedes Benz 4Matics, but encouraged to drive any brand of all-wheel drive vehicle in case of snow chains are required by the Highway Patrol.
5. The Insurance Certification request to MBCA will be submitted 30 days prior to the event, and all participants will need to sign the waiver for this event.
6. The Nevada Army National Guard Facilities event, the space is limited to 18 registered participants. We’ll need to provide the participants’ names and signed the security clearance from (Excel file) return to the facility no later than 3/12/2021, and No Photography Allowed at the Federal facilities. We will close the registration either when we have reached a total number of 18 registered participants, or the cutoff date of 3/12/2021.
7. The Nevada Army National Guard Facilities require each participant to fill out a Security Clearance form (word file). This form will send out by email to the registered participants. At the checkpoint, the security will require to check your ID (e.g. driver’s license, Resident Alien Registration Card, Foreign Passport, U.S. military ID etc…)
8. Please download Security Clearance NVARNG_Personal Security Questionnaire.docx fill it out, sign it and send it by First Class mail to:
Mr. Lance Taylor-Warren C/O SFBA
59 Cabernet Pkwy
Reno, NV 89512
Please mail out your Security Clearance form to Mr. Lance Taylor-Warren before 3/12/2021 to ensure that you'll be cleared for entry on 3/27/21.
Regarding the Security Clearance Excel form, see below.
Question 1-10 must be filled out
Question 12 your home phone or cellular phone number, and check marks all the questions in the block.
Question 13, sign and date it.
Ignore the question 11, 14, and 15.
Where can register for this event?
We are using MotorSportReg for members to register.
Please provide cellphone number. We’ll be using cellphones as our communication tool.
Can I stay at different hotel instead of Eldorado Resort Casino, Reno?
Yes, since members will book their hotels, Eldorado Resort Casino is our suggestion, and it is our gathering place.
Can I bring a guest?
Yes, a registered member can bring 1 guest, and the guest will count as a participant. However, the guest must ride with the registered member on this whole trip, and the guest can’t drive a vehicle separately.
Will we be breaking into sub-groups on the road trip?
Yes, safety is our priority, and it will depend on how many vehicles we will have on this trip. We might break the caravan into sub-groups for road safety (volunteer leaders will be needed and assigned). However, we will all be regrouping at the pit stops.
All the SFBA section activities follow the State and Counties’ COVID-19 guidelines, face masks mandatory and social distancing required.