About this event
Audi Club Northwest (ACNW) is back at Ridge Motorsports Park (RMP) for a weekend of fun on Saturday and Sunday, August 21 - 22, for Strassenlage 2021! We will be running the normal configuration on Saturday and adding the new chicane on Sunday.
Registration for Strassenlage (that's German for handling!) will open Wednesday June 30, 2021, at 6:00PM.
Instructors will be paired with qualified non-solo (Novice, High-Novice and Low Intermediate) drivers. NOTE: instruction will be in-car for this event, and we will be reviving our at-the-track download sessions for all run groups!
If you’re a solo driver who is looking for coaching or is new to the Ridge, please make that request on the upcoming registration page, and we’ll do our best to get an instructor in your car for at least one session.
Driving fees for this event are $490 for two days, $290 for one day. We will prioritize and process two-day registrations first. Everyone who registers will first be placed on the waitlist with Waitlist New status before their registration is processed.
Registration includes lunch. Guest lunches are available as well. Note: When meals are a part of our events, ACNW will attempt to accommodate special dietary requirements if requested. However, meals are provided by third parties and circumstances may not always enable ACNW or its vendors to meet every special dietary need.
There are two recommended hotels for Strassenlage 2021:
- Shelton Inn, 628 West Railroad Ave, Shelton, WA 98584. Call (800) 451-4560 and mention "The Ridge Motorsports Park" for a special discounted rate.
- Super 8, 2943 Northview Circle, Shelton, WA 98584. Call (360) 426-1654 and mention "Audi Club Northwest" for a special discounted rate.
RV/tent camping will be permitted at the track. Please contact the event master for more information.
You need to be a member of Audi Club North America to drive at this event*. If you’ve not yet joined the club, you can get in the club by clicking here.
All drivers and guests must be at least 16 years of age.
Drivers must have previously attended a Driver Skills (DS) clinic with the Audi Club or other equivalent club/group (please check with the registrar with any questions). This is a lapping-only event and there will not be any DS activities.
*Reciprocal instructors from BMWCCA Puget Sound Chapter and PCA Pacific Northwest Region may instruct and drive without an ACNA membership.
Release and Waiver of Liability:
Everyone must sign the Release and Waiver of Liability and Communicable Disease Spectator and Participant Release forms online for Audi Club Northwest’s insurance coverage prior to coming to the facility. You can initiate the process here, for both yourself and as the legal guardian of a minor. You may also initiate the process using the SpeedWaiver invite on the registration form. The full text of this Release and Waiver of Liability is on the last page of the registration form, and can also be found on the ACNW's Driving School Materials page.
In addition, you will need to sign an online waiver from the Ridge prior to attending the event. We will provide that information to you when we get it.
Convertibles lacking rollover protection are not permitted in ACNA High Performance Driving Schools (HPDE, lapping, or any events held “at speed”). Vehicles with removable hardtops or retractable hardtops lacking a rollover protection system are also not permitted at high-speed events. Convertibles with factory-installed rollover protection (either fixed or deployable) meet the ACNA minimum requirement for high-speed events and are acceptable, subject to approval by chapter leadership and event staff. We strongly recommend driving with the soft-top up or the hard top installed; otherwise, SFI and/or FIA approved arm restraint system(s) must be used.
High Center of Gravity Vehicles:
High center of gravity vehicles (truck, van, SUV-Sport Utility Vehicle, CUV-Crossover Utility Vehicle, SAV-Sport Activity Vehicle) are not permitted in Audi Club Driving School events held “at speed” (DE-Driver Education, HPDE, instructed or non-instructed lapping, track days), except those models included in the ACNA Vehicle Participation Exception List found in the "ACNA 2019 Driving School & Event Guidelines" document. These exceptions include Audi Q3/Q5, BMW X1/X3/X5, Porsche Macan, Cayenne, for example.
Audi Club North America policies for convertibles and high center of gravity vehicles are posted on the ACNW's Driving School Materials page under ACNA Driving School and Event Guidelines for your review.
Approved helmets are required to be worn when on track at this event. Approved helmets include only Snell SA2010, M2010, SA2015, EA2016 or later. Except for Snell M2010, the M (Motorcycle) and K (Karting) designators have lapsed.
Club helmets will be available to rent for $25. You may request a helmet and indicate size (please use the Bell Helmet Sizing Chart) on the registration form.
Safety Inspection Policy:
For every event, ACNW requires two (2) signatures on your Vehicle Safety Inspection Checklist form. View this form here.
- The signature at the bottom is yours. It is your car and we need you to take responsibility for its safe condition and operation.
- It is ACNW’s expectation that your car will be inspected per the areas of emphasis on the Vehicle Safety Inspection Checklist form, by someone in addition to you. This should be a dealer, a local automotive shop, or any other person you believe has the technical knowledge and experience to thoroughly inspect your car for safety. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to confirm that your car is safe to operate at the event, and ACNW strongly encourages you to be honest about your own mechanical abilities/knowledge. Should you feel capable and confident in inspecting your own vehicle, it is permissible for the second “Inspected by” signature to be your own.
- View the entire Safety Inspection Policy and Procedure here.
Completion of the Vehicle Safety Inspection Checklist form, including the second signature, should be completed PRIOR to the event. You will need to scan or photograph your completed form and email a copy to the Registration Team prior a week prior to the event. There will be no forms supplied at the facility.
Morning of event:
- After showing your Ridge Motorsports Park Waiver (details to be provided closer to the event) QR code (either printed or on your phone) at the entry gate/guardhouse, you proceed to the registration table to check in and get your car numbers and wristband.
- Find a place to park in the paddock
- Ensure your vehicle meets all areas of the Vehicle Safety Inspection Checklist form, particularly removal of all lose items from the cabin and trunk.
- Apply the two larger event car numbers to car exterior on both sides; rear windows are recommended, if possible.
- Apply the smaller 4" event car number sticker to the top center of the windshield.
- We no longer have a tech inspection line; instead, a brief inspection will happen while in pre-grid prior to your first session on track.
Pre-grid, prior to first session on track:
- Drive your car to pre-grid, with car empty of loose items, helmet on, restraints fastened securely. Please arrive at the pre-grid 10 minutes prior to the start of your first on-track session.
- A volunteer will inspect you and your car to make sure that:
- Your car's tow hook(s) are installed (if available)
- You have equal restraints installed (i.e. both driver and passenger, if there is one, have the same type of harnesses or OEM 3-point seat belts), and that 4-point harnesses are of the anti-submarine (ASM) style
- You have a helmet on and buckled securely
- If you have a forward head and neck restraint (e.g. HANS, Simpson Hybrid, etc.), that it is positioned properly under the shoulder harnesses and connected to your helmet
- Your car is empty of loose items
- If you are driving a convertible, that it passes the broomstick rule for driver and passenger, and if you are running with the top down that you have approved arm restraints
- If everything checks out, you will receive an additional inspection sticker on your vehicle windshield; otherwise you will be required to leave the pre-grid area to fix the safety concern