About this event
Audi Club Northwest welcomes members to Portland International Raceway (PIR) for QuattroFest 2021!
QuattroFest has been our signature event at PIR for over 25 years, with world class track facilities and access to the heart of Portland, and easily available by car or MAX light rail train. November 6-7 is a weekend that the whole family can enjoy. Portland International Raceway is a City of Portland park with enough room to simultaneously run lapping sessions and skills exercises on Saturday, making it ideal for driving schools like QuattroFest.
We'll be offering the 2-day lapping option that's the staple of most of our events along with our 2-day Driver Skills option. Saturday will also feature our world class drivers skills course. For people who have a complicated relationship with orange cones, we are also running a full-day Autocross event on Sunday.
The track has two miles of asphalt for everyone to enjoy. Easy to learn but challenging to perfect, PIR has a storied history of hosting many large events including CART, IMSA, Trans Am, ALMS, NASCAR, and other national racing series like IndyCar over the 2018 Labor Day weekend.
On Saturday, the driving kicks off with our Driver Skills program for novice drivers in the morning, and lapping for more experienced drivers.
Learning to be better drivers is what Audi Club Northwest is all about, a perfect fit with the Teen Driver Clinic that is part of the Driver Skills event. With an emphasis on giving the next generation of drivers the skills they need to be safe on the road, the Teen Driver Clinic provides a fun platform for teens to improve their skills on the road. In an effort to ensure as much participation as possible, fees for the Teen Clinic have been discounted. DS students will continue with Autocross on Saturday afternoon as they apply the skills learned in the morning. There's even more Autocross all-day on Sunday! If you have questions about how to register, email the Registrar (link below). We can help you tailor this event to your experience and needs.
Adult drivers 16+ may choose from the following options at Registration:
2-DAY FULL EVENT PACKAGES:
• Saturday: Driver Skills AM + Autocross PM / Sunday: HPDE Lapping all day. Includes lunch Saturday + Sunday, Saturday Banquet and a commemorative shirt
• Saturday: Driver Skills AM + Autocross PM / Sunday: Autocross all day. Includes lunch Saturday + Sunday, Saturday Banquet and a commemorative shirt
• Saturday + Sunday: HPDE Lapping all day. For more advanced drivers who've completed a Driver Skills Clinic or equivalent. Includes lunch Saturday + Sunday, Saturday Banquet and a commemorative shirt
1-DAY AUTOCROSS PACKAGE: Sunday all day, includes lunch.
Note: Your car must be meet the minimum requirements to participate in the HPDE Lapping portion. See the requirements here.
Back for 2021 after a 1-year hiatus is the Saturday banquet, featuring buffet dinner and auction at the Red Lion.
Guest lunches can be added during registration.
Note: When meals are a part of our events, ACNW will attempt to accommodate special dietary requirements if requested. However, meals are provided by third parties and circumstances may not always enable ACNW or its vendors to meet every dietary need.
ACNA membership is required for all lapping participants 18+ at this event. Drivers who are not yet members, or who need to renew an existing membership, may handle that using the Audi Club North America website here.
Red Lion Jantzen Beach (Portland, OR) is our hotel for this event. The club has reserved a block of rooms at a group discount for Friday and Saturday nights. Call the hotel directly at 503-283-4466 to make a reservation, ask for the Audi Club rate. Or you can also go here to book online. If booking early you might check your favorite booking website for even better deals than our group rate.
We are pleased to be working with Friends of PIR (FOPIR) for this event. FOPIR appreciates any and all of your support as they work to maintain the track and facilities at PIR. For this event, we have made FOPIR the beneficiary in the donations section of registration.
You are encouraged to bring friends or family too! You may be able to arrange rides for family and friends with designated instructors on Saturday afternoon or Sunday to experience first hand what a lapping day is all about.
Please visit the Achtuning website to learn more about Audi vehicles, give them your business, and say "thank you" for their support of QuattroFest.
Everyone must sign the Release and Waiver when coming onto the facility to become credentialed (covered) in Audi Club Northwest’s insurance. This requirement includes drivers, instructors, teens, guests and visitors - everyone. The full text of this Release and Waiver is in the next screens. Please read it carefully. Parents or guardians must also sign a Minor Waiver on behalf of participating teens. Please contact the Event Master or Registrar prior to the event with any questions.
The helmet requirement for this event is Snell SA2010, M2010, SA2015, EA2016 or later. Except for Snell M2010, the M (Motorcycle) and K (Karting) designators have lapsed. We have 28 Snell SA club helmets in various sizes available for rent ($25) on a first come, first serve basis. If you still need a helmet but they are all rented out at the time of your registration, please make a note in the registration comments that you need one. We cannot guarantee that one will become available however. You will not be allowed to participate without a helmet.
Convertibles lacking rollover protection are not permitted in ACNA High Performance Driving Schools (HPDE, lapping, or any events held “at speed”). Vehicles with removable hardtops or retractable hardtops lacking a rollover protection system are also not permitted at high-speed events.
Convertibles with factory-installed rollover protection (either fixed or deployable) meet the ACNA minimum requirement for high-speed events and are acceptable, subject to approval by chapter leadership and event staff. Audi Club North America policy is posted HERE for your review.
High-center-of-gravity vehicles (Truck, Van, SUV-Sport Utility Vehicle, CUV-Crossover Utility Vehicle, SAV-Sport Activity Vehicle) are not permitted in Audi Club Driving School events held “at speed” (DE-Driver Education, HPDE, instructed or non-instructed lapping, track days), except those models included in the ACNA Vehicle Participation Exception List (e.g. Audi Q3/Q5, BMW X1/X3/X5, Porsche Macan/Cayenne, Jaguar F-Pace,...).
Payment is due at the time of online registration using credit card information you supply to guarantee your registration. While your registration is under review, your credit card charge will be deferred, until confirmation of your registration or to a date closer to the event determined by the event management. If your registration is not successfully paid online, your spot will be forfeited.
Cancelation Policy :
It is the attendee’s responsibility to prepare and bring a vehicle that is safe for the event and meets the club’s safety and technical requirements together with signed Tech Form submitted to the event staff. If your car fails tech scrutiny at the track and cannot be fixed, you cannot run and you will not get a refund.
- Cancelations received before the registration Closing Date (typically a week prior to the event) entitles the driver to a 100% refund.
- Cancelations received after the Closing Date, but more than three or more full days prior to the event, entitles the driver to a 50% refund.
- No refunds or credits will be given if canceled within three full days prior to the event, or a no-show.
- No refunds will be issued due to halting an event for any reason - rain, incident, etc.
Any refunds due under this policy will be issued as soon as practical after an event.
For every event, ACNW will require two (2) signatures on your Safety Inspection Checklist. View this form HERE.
On the morning of the event, you will take your car through the Tech Line process (see below) in order to be allowed on track. However, completion of the Safety Inspection Checklist form, including the second signature, should be completed PRIOR to getting to the Tech Line process.
Tech Line Process:
Prior to getting in line for Tech:
- Visit Registration to check in and get your registration packet (with event car numbers)
- Ensure your vehicle meets all areas of the Safety Inspection Checklist form, particularly removal of all lose items from the cabin and trunk
- Apply event car numbers to car exterior (outside rear windows, if possible, on both sides)
- Complete Safety Inspection Checklist form with car number
- Get in line with your vehicle at designated area
- Stay in your vehicle and be prepared to participate in the process as directed by Tech Line staff
- Provide your completed Safety Inspection Checklist form (this includes 2 signatures) when requested
- Upon successful completion of the process, you’ll be given your final event sticker that signifies your vehicle is cleared for entry on track. You will place this sticker in the center of your car's windshield, at the very top.
- Return to your parking spot and be prepared for the mandatory Driver’s meeting
Please reach out to Pat Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions on this new Tech Inspection policy.