ACGL Ice-Driving Event 2023-02-11Cynthia Lake - MN
About this event
Audi Club North America - Glacier Lakes Chapter hosts Winter Ice Driving Events at Lake Cynthia in Prior Lake, MN. The event is a great opportunity to hone your winter driving skills in a safe and controlled environment. We will have a challenging set of exercises set up including a skid pad, slalom course, and the very popular "road course."
No experience required - this is a chance to learn and refine low-traction driving skills.
Drivers will receive an introduction and tips from staff, experienced drivers, and instructors prior to starting on the course. Drivers can then spend at much time as they can handle testing their skills on the course. There are no classroom sessions or in-car instruction provided at this event.
Audi Club North America membership is REQUIRED* to attend. (Not yet a member? Join now! Sign up here before completing your registration for this event.) All attendees must register online prior to the event. *Effective Jan. 1, 2023 Audi Club Glacier Lakes requires drivers at Ice Driving events to be members of ACNA.
You do not need to bring an Audi. All makes and model in good mechanical condition are welcome.
- 8:00 - 8:30 AM: Check In & Car Prep
- 8:30: Brief Drivers Meeting
- 9:00 - Noon: Exercises open
- Noon - 1:00 PM: Lunch (track closed)
- 1:00 - 4:00 PM: Exercises open
- 4:00: Track Closed. Clean up time.
Cost Per Driver
- $75 for ACNA members
- Teen drivers can register using a parent's ACNA membership
- Lake Cynthia in Prior Lake, MN (map) Enter the lake on the south side (look for the Audi Club banner)
ACGL does not to provide any food or refreshments, so make sure to pack a cooler. The Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club is located nearby and will be open for lunch. Horse and Hunt Club has been a long-term partner of ACGL for our ice driving events and offers a great menu.
Other important details:
- You will be notified via email (the address you supply to MSR for registration) if event is canceled due to weather/ice conditions.
- Due to the nature of our driving exercises and the snow banks created during plowing, some low-clearance vehicles could suffer damage if control is lost. ACGL is not responsible for any vehicle damage. Vehicle damage is rare at these events, but smiles are abundant!
- ACGL will comply with all ACNA, local, state, and federal requirements for COVID-19 that are in effect at the time the event takes place. Every attendee must pre-register and must sign the electronic event waivers which include ACNA's Communicable Disease/COVID-19 waiver and general release/liability waiver. If you are registering a minor (licensed or permitted drivers age 15-17) , please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on completing the required waiver for each minor.
To learn more about what to expect, check out the following links:
No experience required.
You must be:
- An ACNA member (Sign up to be a member here)
- 18 years of age or older with a valid driver's license, OR
- A teen driver aged 15-17 with a valid permit or license whose parent is an ACNA Member
- For a Teen to participate, their parent or legal guardian must be in attendance at the event.
- Teens who have only a permit are required to have their parent/guardian in the car when they are driving.
- Parents/Guardians are required to sign an event waiver allowing their minor child to participate.
- ACGL does not provide individualized driver instruction at this event.
You do NOT need to drive an Audi to attend - all makes/models welcome!
Cars in good mechanical condition only - no fluid leaks!