About this event
37th Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance
Occoquan Regional Park, 9751 Ox Road, Lorton, VA 22079
This year’s 37th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance is billed as the Potomac Porsche Club’s premier annual concours. Hosted along with the DC Region’s Mercedes Benz Club and BMW Club for its 37th year, this is a great time to view some of the area's nicest German automobiles. Bring your Porsche out to the show to compete for awards and to display. The all-day event is complete with car displays, food and merchandise vendors and followed by an awards reception.
Registration starts July 1, 2021 and closes on September 11, 2021 at midnight.
REGISTRATION INCLUDES ONE "WINE AND CHEESE AWARDS RECEPTION" TICKET. Additional Wine and Cheese Awards Reception tickets are available at $15 each.
THERE IS NO CHARGE OR NEED TO REGISTER TO ATTEND THE CONCOURS AS A SPECTATOR.
The entry fee for the concours is $40 per judged car or $20 to display a car.
Potomac Porsche Club Concours Chairmen Tom Coyle & Gary Sidell have chosen a diverse and highly qualified group of Judges. The Judges will be scoring cars based on cleanliness of the exterior, interior, engine and trunk compartments. We do not score the undercarriage of the car. We have designed the car classes to allow for the widest range of Porsche automobiles to compete and be shown. We have many familiar classes while adding three classes this year. We have added a Modern Production Class for Cayennes, Macans and Panameras, as well as brought back the Outlaw Class for all Porsches that have been noticeably modified from the original specifications, and created a separate class for 914's by removing them from the early air cooled class.
This year’s Deutsche Marque will be awarding Class Awards for 1st , 2nd and 3rd places. We will also be awarding five Grand Awards, listed below. The Best of Marque Award will be given to the top scoring Porsche on the show field. This winner will then compete against the Mercedes Benz and BMW recipients for The Spirit of the Marque Award – the top honor.
Pre-registration is highly suggested as space is limited and this speeds up your registration process. In order to allow us to plan appropriately for the number of guests, please register in advance.
The official website for the 37th Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance is:
- 8:30 AM - Field opens to show participants for placement onto the field.
- 9:00 AM - General admission begins.
- 10:00 AM - All cars whose owners wish them to be judged must be registered, and cars placed on the field. If you would like to be judged, PLEASE have your car on the field by 10:00 AM We do our best to judge everyone consistently and fairly and can do this best if we have sufficient time. Thank you!
- 10:30 AM - Judging begins.
- 2:30 - 3:00 PM - After the judging is completed, scores are tallied, and winners determined, we will announce winners at the wine and cheese reception.
- 3:00 PM - Wine and Cheese Reception - Awards for all clubs will be presented at the Wine and Cheese Reception.
The Spirit of the Deutsche Marque Concours Award – chosen by the Porsche Club, BMW Club and Mercedes Club Chairmen from the three Best of Marque winners. Given to the top German Automobile that best exemplifies the spirit of the Deutsche Marque Concours.
- Best of Marque Award
- Chairman’s Award
- Most Significant Porsche Award
- Best Design Award
- People’s Choice Award
- 356 (All Years)
- Early Air-cooled 911, 912 (1964 to 1976)
- Mid Air-cooled 911 (1977-89)
- Late Air-cooled 911 (1990-1998)
- Modern 911 (1999 - 2011)
- Current 911 (2012 - current)
- 924, 944, 968, 928
- Modern Production (Cayenne, Macan, Panamera, Taycan)
- Outlaw Class (For all Porsches that have been noticeably modified from original specifications)