About this event
Winnipeg Sports Car Club's Competition License School & HPDE is a WCMA/ASN Canada FIA Sanctioned Event!
Unleash your inner speed demon at Winnipeg Sports Car Club's 2022 High Performance Driving Education (HPDE) and Race School! Spend two full days of track time at Gimli Motorsport Park's 1.33mi road course learning how to take yourself and your car to the limit in a safe, controlled environment. Whether you intend on doing track days or road racing, or just want to learn advanced car control techniques, this is the event for you! This event is also a prerequisite for attaining your amateur Road Race license or Time Attack license.
Note: A 2022 Winnipeg Sports Car Club or other WCMA affiliated club membership PRIOR to registration. For a 2022 WSCC club membership, please visit this link to sign up!
This event is brought to you by SPEED FACTOR RACING!
Mandatory classroom session (Zoom meeting): Wednesday, April 27 6pm-10pm (link to follow)
Track Days: Saturday, April 30 and Sunday May 1 2021 (7:00am to 5:00pm)
Location: Gimli Motorsports Park, Gimli MB
***NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19, THERE WILL NOT BE AN IN-PERSON CLASSROOM SESSION PRIOR TO THE EVENT. ALL CLASSROOM THEORY WILL BE VIRTUAL.***
– Car Control
– Basic Car Prep
– Appropriate Driver Gear
– Flags and Related Visual Aids
– Drafting and Passing
– Rain Racing
But, what about the all important track time?
You’ll be at the track for 8h each day completing these exercises:
– Swerve and Avoid Challenge
– Figure 8
– Race Line and Alternate Lines
****There is FREE track-side camping with a limited number of power hook-ups available for RV's with on-site water and sewer dump stations****
As a registered attendee of this event, the Autumnwood Hotel would like to offer a $20/night discount on room rentals during the event!
Just give them your WSCC membership number when registering to receive this offer!
What you need for this event:
- Daily driven street car. (You do not need a sports car!)
- Vehicle must be in reasonable condition
- Must be dimensionally wider than it is tall
- All maintenance up to date (oil changes, brake pads and fluid changes)
- Tires in reasonable condition (Tread left, no bulges or cracks)
- Current SNELL helmet (2010 or newer)
- Motorcycle (SNELL M)
- Special Application (SNELL SA)
- SA is highly recommended
- SA is mandatory for all vehicles with factory or aftermarket roll over protection
- The club has a limited number of helmets for purchase. Contact the HPDE Director for more information.
- Plastic Tub to house your belongings while on track
***PLEASE NOTE*** Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Vehicles currently not permitted on the track surface. They are permitted into the park as a commuter.
SPECIAL NOTES FOR CONVERTIBLES
You must have one of the following to be permitted:
- Original, OEM hard-top
- Soft-top with approved OEM or aftermarket installed roll-over protection!
(OEM installed roll-over protection includes but not limited to: roll hoops behind driver and passenger headrests, pyrotechnic roll bars, etc...)
If you are unsure if your vehicle qualifies, please contact the HPDE Director for more information.