About this event
October 22-23, 2022 La Junta Raceway
RMVR Racers, Crews, Families and Friends who attended RMVR’s La Junta Races in the past couple of years really enjoyed it. So, we are returning in 2022 again with the OktoberFAST Race. Entry fees are a BARGAIN!
It's scheduled for October 22-23 at the upgraded airport track. With new curbing inside of corners 1,3,4 and 5 plus new safety aprons at 3 and 5 the track is better than ever. Other improvements include fresh surface sealing, improved amenities, and paddock improvements completed by the City. The La Junta track is drawing positive comments from both RMVR and other racing organizations that have been utilizing this user-friendly racing facility. Plan to see for yourself. Come and enjoy La Junta in the cool early fall weather and lots of track time.
To sign up for RV spots (Electric only) or to do Friday Test & Tune: Call La Junta racetrack 719-469-1424 and speak to Allan Lasater. Prices for Friday test and tune is $100 and an RV spot is $80 for the weekend event.
Weekend Run Groups: Entrants will receive an email prior to the event with the detailed Weekend Schedule of grid times and the running order for groups.
Our RMVR Regular Run Groups are: Small Bore Production cars, VW Powered Formula Cars, Mid-Big Bore Production cars, and Formula Fords / Wings and Things / Sports Racers.
In addition, an added Run Group is conditional upon sufficent sign ups:
- Special Run Group: - Production cars without an RMVR or VMC logbook are welcome to enter and run in an added Special Run Group. (See below for additional details and requirements.) If insufficient number of cars for this run group are not registered 10 days before the event, those who did sign up will be advised and their entry cancelled.
Entry Fees: Won’t be charged to your credit card until after the race weekend so sign up NOW!
- $290 for Full Two-Day regular competition weekend.
- Registrations 3 weeks before the event get the $25 Early Bird discount.
- Registrations after 9 days before the event will be charged a $75 Late Fee.
- Online Registration closes on Monday before the event at midnight. After this, call 303-319-3062 to arrange entry. Entries phoned in after registration closes or at the track are $440.
Tech: on't forget to get your Annual Tech done BEFORE you get to the track. Here's more info on the benefits to you of doing this and how/where to get it done.
Marshal & Volunteers: If you wish to work this event as a marshal or volunteer, please sign up HERE.
Cars which DO NOT have an RMVR logbook:
- Race cars without an RMVR or VMC logbook: Such cars are welcome to run in our Special Run Group. They must be race prepared cars having a logbook from a wheel-to-wheel racing organization. When asked for the car's "class" please select “Exhibition." They must pass an RMVR Event Tech Inspection Form and be prepared to conform to that organization’s preparation and safety rules.. Drivers entering this Special Run Group must also hold a valid up-to-date medical exam AND a current Competition License OR a Provisional License from their home organization. If insufficient number of cars for this special run group are not registered 10 days before the event, those who did sign up will be advised and their entry cancelled.
For Double-Driven cars: If you are sharing a car with another driver for the weekend, just have the one person enter. Only that one entry fee will apply. To avoid another entry fee, simply CALL THE CLUB ADMINISTRATOR, 303-319-3062, to advise who the second driver is. Don't try to enter that second driver online. The second driver MUST also go thru registration Saturday morning and have a valid competition license and medical.
Please double check the transponder number listed in the car's profile is correct.
When entering you might be required to pay a Membership Fee in order to complete your registration. It will be good for the entire year. After Labor day that RMVR membership will also be good for all of the following year.