About this event
NASCC Winter Driving and Ice Race School - Classroom-January 13th & On Ice January 15th, 2022
Sign up for Winter Driving and Ice Race School. The NASCC Winter Driving and Ice Race School emphasizes winter driving and ice racing skills. We will have a classroom session by Zoom on Thursday starting at 6:20 pm, and on track events on the lake on Saturday, Jan 15th.
School only entry fee is $200 with an Early bird discount of $30 up to 29 days before.
Rookie Ice Race Packages available for racers to save $190 on season racing costs and includes a complimentary NASCC Club Membership. Pacakge 1 signs you up for 1 class, Package 2 for 2 classes.
- Registrants will not be charged until a few days before event starts.
- If a registrant already has purchased a NASCC Club Membership there is an option to make an adjustment.
Car & Driver Requirements:
- Student must hold a valid drivers or learners license
- Student must supply their own helmet, Snell SA 2005, SA 2010, SA 2015 or type M (motorcycle)
- Student must submit a completed tech form via email
- (Student must supply their own car, with at least two seats, and seatbelts for the instructor equivalent to those for the student (May not required for 2022, depending upon pandemic health restrictions on instructors in cars))
- Minors must have both parents sign a “minor waiver” in advance and send via email
- Car must be properly maintained and safe
- Car must be emptied of all loose items in cabin and trunk
- Convertibles & Cabriolets with factory installed roll over protection is not allowed and only a 4 point aftermarket roll bar will be allowed.
- Pickup trucks will not be accepted
- SUV’s with low center of gravity will be accepted, please check with registrar
- A race car is not required to take the school
For background information visit our website:
Information on How to prepare for the Ice race School, and Maps to the Lake http://nascc.ab.ca/racing/ice-racing/