About this event
GGR-PCA AX #9: Saturday, November 6, 2021 @ Cow Palace sponsored by Porsche Redwood City
Note: PCA GGRAX Covid Procedures will be in effect to ensure the safety of all participants.
- EVENT CAPACITY => 75 PARTICIPANTS
- Registration fee is $100
- October 29 – Early Bird Registration open at 6:30 PM PCA members (non-PCA members may register during Open Registration). Early registration of non-Porsche vehicles may result in a $50 penalty in addition to cancellation of registration.
- October 31 – General Registration open for everyone including non-Porsche drivers. Non-PCA members without prior experience with GGR need to be cleared by AX chair prior to registration.
- Registration closes one minute before midnight on Wednesday, November 3rd. Registration may be suspended early in case of a long waitlist.
- This is an all day event. Morning only or afternoon only participants are not allowed.
- Car sharing
- Only persons vaccinated against Covid-19 are allowed to share a car (and 1 person must be an instructor)
- Walk-in registration will be permitteded ON-SITE at the day of event pending availability for a fee of $100.00. Registrations will have to be completed online at motorsportreg.com. Mobile device and MSR user account is required on-site for checking in. NO cash will be accepted at the event.
- Location for this event is Cow Palace parking lot.
- Live timing during the event will available at the GGR live timing web site: PCA GGR Live Timing Website
- More information on GGR Autocross can be found at the official web site: PCA GGR Autocross Website
- GGR car classification information can be found at the GGR web site: PCA GGR Autocross Rules and Forms
- Your car number, car class, run group and work assignment information will be available in "Attendee List" section of this event, day before to the event
- All participants need to have their waivers signed electronically with SpeedWaiver two days prior to the event
- 7:00 am: Gates Open
- 7:30 to 8:15 am: All participants must check-in at at the gate
- 7:30 - 8:15 am: Cars tech inspection in paddock
- 8:30 am: Mandatory Drivers meeting
- 9:00 am: First car on course
- Break for a lunch around noon time for approximately 30 minutes
- There will be two run sessions - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Cars will be run in two or three run groups.
- All times are estimated and may be adjusted at the discretion of the AX Chair.
What to bring:
- Face mask
- Your lunch and drinks. Club does not provide food or water.
- Folding Chair
- Painter's tape or printed numbers for car numbers
- Sunscreen, hat, layers for cooler mornings and afternoons (NO RED Clothing)
- Drivers are responsible for bringing a safe car to the event. In preparation of the event please confirm your car meets PCA Autocross Safety Inspection Checklist
- 2010 or newer Snell certified HELMETS ARE REQUIRED. Few loaner helmets are available.
- All drivers must have their cars inspected at inspection station before moving to grid. A car and helmet without inspection sticker and car number displayed on both sides of the car will forfeit driver's run(s) until the issue is resolved.
- Drivers are not allowed to change cars during the event.
- All drivers MUST WORK at an assigned worker position. Most of worker positions require standing for over an hour per shift. Dress appropriately for standing outdoors.
- In-car instruction will require prior authorization from AX Chair or Chief Instructor, except where the instructor is a member of the same household.
- No drones allowed
- No Alcohol or drugs permitted
- For any questions please contact GGR Autocross Chair at email@example.com
Early bird registration is open only to PCA members. Drivers not meeting this requirement can register during general registration.
This is an all day event. Participants are required to take part in both Morning and Afternoon sessions.
Do not register unless you meet at least one of the above conditions. Refunds for erroneous registrations are at the discretion of the Autocross Chair.
Multi-driver cars (sharing a car with another driver) are allowed, but each driver must register separately and be part of the same household.
ALL drivers MUST WORK at an assigned worker position.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED with a 2010 or newer Snell certification. Few loaner helmets are available.
Drivers are responsible for bringing a safe car to the event. Cars must be mechanically sound, in good running condition with no major leaks, and the interior must be empty of anything that could fly about during the event.
If you don't have a seasonal number already assigned by GGR, you are allowed to select a new number from the available list, which becomes your seasonal number, if available.
Your car number, car class, run group and work assignment information will be listed in "Attendee List" section of this event, one day prior to the event.
Our events run rain or shine, including maintaining the work assignments. Refunds are not provided for rain.
DRONES ARE PROHIBITED at PCA events. Violators will be reported to Law Enforcement.