About this event
Thanks for checking out the Badlands Region SCCA. On the weekend of August 7/8, 2021 we will be hosting a SCCA Solo / Autocross on Grand Forks Air Force Base, which is just east of Grand Forks, ND on HWY2. The event this year will benefit the Make A Wish Foundation of North Dakota. All proceeds of the event will be donated. For more information on the Badlands SCCA, look us up on Facebook and find the event page.
Anyone who wished to access the base as either a participant or spectator/guest will need to be pre-vetted by the Air Force. Pre-vetting ended July 28th. If you were not pre-vetted, you would need to have access to GFAFB already to participate.
A couple things to note:
- Please be on site no later than 900am so you can check in and get your car tech'd, course walk, and be ready for the 10am Drivers Meeting.
- If you are new and have never been to an event before, please let the person at the van know when you check in. They can find someone to go over the basics with you before the event.
- All participants are required to have their own helmet that is snell rated(M or SA 2005 or newer). We do have a select number of helmets available for sale, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to purchase one.
- We do have a small amount of loaners(we will need to hold collateral for any loaner helmets
- All cars must pass a tech inspection prior to the event, tech will close at 945am.
- All cars must properly classed according to the SCCA Solo 2021 rules. Please review the 2021 SCCA Solo Rules for additional information such as: classing details, helmet requirements, etc.
- If you need help classing your car, please email our club's email or make a post on the Facebook Page. One tip when looking in the SCCA Rulebook is using (CTRL + F, and searching your car model ex: Mustang, Miata, WRX)
- Trucks/SUVs are not allowed
- Unless they are an SCCA Member, minor drivers / passangers are not allowed.
Event Entry Fees:
$25/Day - SCCA Members
$25/Day + $20 for non SCCA Members. During registration you will have to pick which days you plan to attend, and the SCCA Weekend Membership Option.
If you have further questions or need help with classing please contact us at one of the below options:
•Badlands SCCA Facebook Page
Notice to Participants: In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures are being developed and will be put into place for events going forward.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
While on site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.