About this event
Registration for the May 15 event is capped at 80 entries for safety reasons. All entries received beyond the first 80 will be automatically added to the waitlist. Waitlisted drivers will be added to the entry list in the order that they registered if drivers on the entry list cancel their entry.
Notice to Participants: In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures are being developed and will be put into place for events going forward.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
While on site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
WHAT IS AUTOCROSS?
Autocross, or "Solo," is a timed contest of driving skill. Speeds and hazards to spectators, participants, and property do not exceed those found in normal, legal highway driving. We think it is much more fun than street driving and you can't get a speeding ticket! Best of all, you can enter in your everyday street car!
All vehicles must pass safety inspection on the following points prior to running:
- Working seat belts.
- Throttle return action, secure battery.
- No oil or antifreeze leaks.
- Adequate clutch (if applicable) & brake pedal.
- Tires must have measurable thread and in good condition.
- Wheel bearings must have no play.
- All loose items, snap-on hubcaps, detachable fender skirts and trim rings must be removed.
- Closed toe shoes are required (no sandals or flip-flops).
- Helmets are required (Snell M2010/SA2010 or newer)
- NO ALCOHOL ON SITE & NO MINORS ON GRID.
Registration Fee - Member - Saturday Only: $40
Registration Fee - Non-Member - Saturday Only: $60 (Includes SCCA weekend membership)
*Up to two weekend memberships (within a 60 day time frame) may be applied towards the cost of an annual SCCA membership.
SATURDAY EVENT SCHEDULE:
Fresno Fairgrounds (Kings Canyon entrance)
Check in opens at 7:30 AM and closes promptly at 8:30 AM.
MANDATORY driver’s meeting 8:45 AM. Heat 1 starts 9:00 AM.
Run/work groups to be determined.
Lunch break follows the completion of the final competition heat.
Fun Runs (at the discretion of the event chair based upon interest & track conditions).
After the event, your credit or debit card will be charged.
Additional details can be found at our website and Facebook page located at:
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING REGARDING MANDATORY PRECAUTIONS BEING TAKEN AT THIS EVENT DUE TO COVID-19.
BY CLICKING CONTINUE, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL PROVISIONS SET FORTH BELOW.
The Fresno Chapter of the San Francisco Region of the SCCA is closely monitoring the ever-changing COVID-19 situation. The health and safety of our members and attendees is the highest priority. Autocrosses are open-air events that do not require gatherings in confined spaces. Therefore, based on CDC recommendations and State of California regulations, we will implement the following steps to reduce risk of spreading the virus.
If you are sick, have been sick, or have been exposed
to the virus in the past 14 days – DO NOT ATTEND.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BRING YOUR OWN MASK, HELMET, AND PEN TO THIS EVENT.
THIS IS A PRIVATE EVENT – IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH OUR POLICY,
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE. THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- All setup workers are required to wear masks when within 12 feet of the trailer or any other person.
- All early setup workers are required to wear disposable gloves as appropriate.
- All equipment and contact surfaces will be sanitized including, but not limited to, all tabletops, radios, laptops, etc.
- Hand sanitation stations will be set up near the trailer, at corner stations, and the waiver station.
- A worker will be designated to manage all PPE and sanitization.
Check-in & Registration:
- ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT IS REQUIRED. NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION.
- NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED ON SITE.
- Contactless check-in at the trailer is required.
- A barrier will be set up to ensure 6+ feet between registration workers and attendees.
- Corner worker assignments will be given during check-in.
- Online registration will close two days prior to the event at 10:00 PM.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE IN LINE DURING CHECK-IN.
- If a line forms (not expected), keep 6+ feet between you and the next person in line. We will use cones to mark the distance.
- A table will be set up at the waiver station.
- Masks are required for anyone near or approaching the waiver station.
- Waivers and wrist bands will be placed on the table for attendees to sign.
- Attendees should sign the waiver USING THEIR OWN PEN.
- Driver must be present and car will be self-teched under supervision.
- Tech workers will wear a mask and disposable gloves.
- Disposable gloves should be discarded or sanitized after each car, unless touchless inspection was performed.
- Touching interior surfaces will be avoided if possible.
Drivers Meeting and Course Walking:
- The drivers meeting will be ANNOUNCED OVER THE PA SYSTEM. All attendees are required to listen, and should spread out liberally to maintain social distancing.
- Course walks should avoid groups of more than 4, and follow social distancing guidelines mentioned in this policy.
Social Distancing and PPE (all day)
All attendees should to follow current CDC guidelines for social distancing, including, but not limited to:
- KEEP A MINIMUM OF 6 FEET AWAY FROM PEOPLE
- Wear a mask. If you do not wear a mask at the entry gate, you will not be admitted.
- No water or food will be provided; please bring your own, especially water.
- No one allowed in the trailer except timing and scoring workers.
- Avoiding handshaking.
- Cover coughs with elbow.
- Avoiding touching your face.
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently.
- Please use common sense and err on the side of caution.
Masks are REQUIRED for everyone in the following designated areas or situations:
- Waiver station
- During check-in
- Inside and within 50 feet of the Timing Trailer
- During setup and cleanup operations
- Grid worker and Starter
- Additional areas may be designated by the event chair or safety steward
Masks are also REQUIRED in the following situations:
- Within 12 feet of someone.
- Working as corner captain.
- Drivers must follow all social distancing guidelines mentioned in this policy.
- LOANER HELMETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.
- NO RIDE-ALONGS.
- Co-driving (sharing the same car) is permitted, as long as social distancing guidelines are met.
- Bottled water will not be available. Please bring your own.
- The trailer will be closed, except to essential personnel.
- The grid will be set up with double the normal spacing to allow social distancing.
- Driver must stay in car between runs except to check tire pressures or drink water.
- Sanitizing supplies will be provided at all corner stations and should be used frequently on all equipment and mandatory between run groups.
- CORNER CAPTAINS ARE REQUIRED TO SANITIZE RADIOS BEFORE AND AFTER EACH SESSION.
- All corner workers should wash or sanitize their hands before and after their work session.
- Disposable gloves can be used, in addition to other hand hygiene measures.
- Masks and gloves are required for cleanup operations.
- Cancel before registration closes – full refund.
- Cancel after registration closes – refund, minus $10 cancelation fee.
- No-show drivers will be charged the full amount.
- If you cannot attend due to feeling sick, or any reason related to the coronavirus, a full refund will be provided regardless of when you cancel.
- All refunds must be initiated by logging into Motorsportreg and contacting the registrar.
- Online registration will close two days prior at 10:00 PM.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is an appropriate mask?
A: Any cloth covering is considered to be a mask provided it covers mouth and nose with more than one
layer and can stay fixed to your face. We would prefer that it meets CDC recommendations. More
details can be found here:
Q: Can I ride along with a member of my family or someone I live with?
A: Unfortunately, at this time and out of the abundance of caution, we are not allowing any ride-alongs.
We will revisit this policy as the year progresses.
Q: I see people not following the covid-19 guidelines in this policy – what should I do?
A: We are hoping that folks are respectful of our policy and don’t anticipate problems, however, if that situation arises, please contact the Safety Steward, Event Chair or any Fresno SCCA officers. The first time will be a warning and if there is a second time, the driver will forfeit their runs and the event is shut-down.
Q: I forgot my mask – what should I do?
A: You should be wearing your mask when you approach the entry gate in the morning. We would ask that you run home to get your mask. There is also a Walmart close by and a mask can be made from a t-shirt as shown on the CDC website (link above). If this is absolutely not feasible, at the discretion of the Event Chair, a mask may be provided to you from our limited worker supply.
Q: I brought a mask, but during the event, it broke – what should I do?
A: Bring a back-up mask just in case. We will have a limited quantity of worker masks which we may supply to you in that situation, but this is a last resort.
Q: I forgot a pen – what should I do?
A: We will have a limited supply of pens available at the waiver station. If you use a pen, it is yours to keep. DO NOT RETURN ANY PENS.
Q: I forgot to register online – what should I do?
A: Unfortunately, at this time, we are not allowing anyone on site who has not registered online.
Additionally, no spectators are allowed.