About this event
Autocross is a sport of navigating your car through a defined course of pylons (usually on a large parking lot) faster than your competition. Autocross courses are set up using soft orange traffic pylons which will not damage your car, but they do melt! Events are run at speeds typically between 25-50 MPH, usually in 2nd gear. Autocross is a "performance driving event" and a safe way to learn how to drive your car at its limit. You not only learn how to handle your car at speeds that you drive daily, but you also:
- Gain confidence in your driving ability
- Learn the limits of your car's brakes
- Learn correct seating, hand, and feet positions
- Learn the limits of your car's tire adhesion
Finally, Autocross is a social gathering of new and old friends and LOTS OF FUN!
- Entry Fee - :
- PCA Member Pre-registration Entry fee: $40
- Non-PCA Member Pre-Registration Entry fee: $50
- MSR Registration will be capped at 65 drivers.
- There are no walk-ups available for this event.
- Online payment is required for pre-registration.
Schedule: This is a rough schedule for the day of the event:
0700: The venue opens to participants
0730: Registration / Check-In opens
0745: Tech opens
0830: Course opens for walking
0850: Registration / Tech closes
0900 - 0910: Driver meeting
0910 - 0920: Novice course walk
0930: First car off
1400: Completely packed up
Prior to registering, please review the details below to help you finish the registration process.
- New for 2021: Updated Porsche classes. Be sure to check your class before registering!
- SCCA classes for non-Porsches: Rules and classes can be found here. During registration, you will select "Non-Porsche (using SCCA classing)" as your Class first before selecting your SCCA class in the "Modifier" field.
- Porsche classes: There are four categories - Showroom stock (S), Production (P), Improved (I) and Modified (M). In summary, Showroom stock classes are cars normally delivered to the US and Canada and can have factory options specific per model year (exception being R-rated/less than 180 treadwear tires even if they were on the car as delivered). For more details, see the PCA Parade Rules. Classes have been updated for 2021:
Showroom Stock S1 / Production P1:
|1976-1982||924||2014-On||Macan - All|
Showroom Stock S2 / Production P2:
|1976-1989||911 Turbo||930||1989-1994||911 Carrera||964|
|1984-1989||911 Carrera||1993-1994||911 RS America||964|
|1989||911 Speedster||1994||911 Speedster||964|
|1989-1991||944 S2||1995-1998||911 Carrera||993|
|1986-1989||944 Turbo||951||2000-2004||Boxster S||986|
|1988||944 Turbo S||951||2005-2008||Boxster||987.1|
|1992-1993||911 America Rdst||964|
Showroom Stock S3 / Production P3:
|1995-1998||911 Carrera S||993||2009-2012||Cayman||987.2|
|1999-2005||911 Carrera||996||2005-2008||Boxster S||987.1|
|1999-2005||911 Carrera 4||996||2006-2008||Cayman S||987.1|
|2005-2012||911 Carrera 4||997||2013-2016||Cayman||981|
Showroom Stock S4 / Production P4:
|1990-1994||911 Turbo||965||2013-2016||Boxster S||981|
|1995-1998||911 Turbo||993||2013-2016||Cayman S||981|
|1999-2005||911 Carrera 4S||996||2014-2016||Boxster GTS||981|
|2005-2008||911 Carrera S||997.1||2014-2016||Cayman GTS||981|
|2005-2008||911 Carrera 4S||997.1||2017-On||718 Boxster||982|
|2012-On||911 Carrera||991||2017-On||718 Cayman||982|
|2018-On||911 Carrera T||991||2019-On||718 Boxster T||982|
|2009-2012||Boxster S||987.2||2019-On||718 Cayman T||982|
Showroom Stock S5 / Production P5:
|2011-2012||911 Carrera GTS||997||2002-2005||911 GT2||996|
|2012-On||911 Carrera S||991||2006-2011||911 GT3||997|
|2014-2016||911 Carrera 4S||991||2006-2012||911 GT3RS||997|
|2015-On||911 Carrera GTS||991||2008-2012||911 GT2/GT2RS||997|
|2010-2012||Boxster Spyder||987||2007-2012||911 Turbo||997|
|2011-2012||Cayman R||987||2010-2013||911 Turbo S||997|
|2017-On||718 Boxster S||982||2012-2019||911 Carrera S / 4S / GTS||991|
|2017-On||718 Cayman S||982||2014-On||911 GT3 and GT3T||991|
|2017-On||718 Boxster GTS||982||2016||911 R||991|
|2017-On||718 Cayman GTS||982||2016-On||911 GT3RS||991|
|2016||Boxster Spyder||981||2018-On||911 GT2RS||991|
|2001-2005||911 Turbo||996||2014-On||911 Turbo||991|
|2005-2008||911 Carrera S X51||997.1||2014-On||911 Turbo S||991|
|2009-2012||911 Carrera S||997.2||2019-On||911 Carrera||992|
|2009-2012||911 Carrera 4S||997.2||2019-On||911 Carrera S||992|
|2010-2012||911 GTS||997.2||2019-On||911 Carrera 4||992|
|2011||911 Spdstr||997.2||2019-On||911 Carrera 4S||992|
|2015-2016||Cayman GT4||981||2004-2005||Carrera GT||980|
|2020-on||718 Cayman GT4||982||2014-2015||918||918|
Showroom Stock I / Production M:
|All||4 Cylinder - All||All||6 Cylinder - All|
COVID-19 safety guidelines are subject to change, we will provide any updates prior to the event.
As of May 2021: Participants must wear masks and observe social distancing, per CDC, state and county guidelines. While we are striving to make this event safe, with your Participation in and Registration for this event, you recognize and acknowledge the hazards of COVID-19, and you assume the risk of illness or death arising from a COVID-19 infection at this event. Note that planned events are subject to change, postponement or cancellation for weather or other reasons.
Participants must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license.
Each driver must wear an "M" or "SA" rated helmet carrying a 2010 or later Snell Memorial Foundation approval sticker. For those purchasing a new helmet, a 2010 "SA" rated helmet is strongly recommended, but an "M" rated helmet is acceptable. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, loaner helmets and head socks will not be available for new drivers.
Participation Requirements/COVID-19 Safety Protocols (as of May 2021):
The below requirements must be met by each participant on the day of the event. Organizers will not have additional materials available on-site for participants who neglect to bring any of the below items. COVID-19 protocols are subject to change and we will provide any updates prior to the event.
- If you feel sick during the week prior and/or the day of the event, you must stay home! A full refund will be issued.
- You must bring a mask with you and carry it at all times. If you do not have a mask, you must leave the site and a full refund will be issued.
- You must wear your mask when you are in the presence of others. Do not be alarmed if someone asks you to put your mask on. We must all be good stewards of our personal health and the health of others.
- When using the on-site port-a-potty, you must leave your mask on so that we do not provide a vector for the virus to spread through the air in an enclosed space.
- Social Distancing must be followed at all times. Please keep six feet or more in between yourself and others.
- For those working the course, please bring your own work gloves.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer.
- Update as of July 2021: instructors will be allowed in cars to provide instruction for those who request it! Note that only instructors are allowed to drive as passengers.
- No walkup registrations.
- No minors are allowed on-site except if in Junior Participation program.
- No loaner helmets will be provided. You must have your own Snell 2010 or newer SA or M helmet. If you do not have a valid helmet, please purchase one or cancel your registration and a full refund will be issued.