About this event
2019 Summer Sprint Ironman
We’re excited to announce the winter sprint ironman format of racing here at GoPro Motorplex. We have built in make-up dates for severe weather conditions in the case of extreme temperature or rain. As always, no refunds will be issued. Come on out and race with us this Summer!
$75 per night, 20 seats available per night
*WIN A GOPRO HERO 7 WHITE*
Win the double header (winter and summer) ironman in the same weight class and receive a GoPro Hero 7 White Edition. To receive prize, you must register for both rounds (winter and summer) before the start of winter iron man.
All participants between the ages of 16-18 must have their guardian print and sign the minor release and have it NOTARIZED! This must be brought to registration the day of the event.
Must be 16+ years old with a valid driver's license (Must show I.D.) to drive our rental karts. Learner's Permits are not accepted.
- Two lap Qualifying, 10 lap race; (1) Forty minute race with two mandatory kart swaps
6:10PM Drivers Meeting
6:30PM Race 2 lap qual/10 lap race
7:15PM Race 40 min race/ 2 mandatory kart swaps
Super Heavy Division:
- Driver must weigh 225+ pounds on GoPro Motorplex scale -gear included (and ballast if necessary)
- The drivers meeting is mandatory and will start at 6:10 pm sharp. There will be a random roll call and any driver not in attendance will start in the rear of the first race.
- Ballast: GoPro Motorplex lead sheets must be in the driver's seat only. Additional weight must be secured to the driver only.
- Qualifying: 2 laps and you will be disqualified if you stop on track other than a safety reason or mechanical problem.
- The start will be a single file rolling start. Each driver may accelerate at the wave of the green flag. You cannot pass the kart in front of you until you cross start/finish line. You cannot step out of line before start/finish. Jump starts will result in a black flag stop and go penalty.
- Grid for 40 minute race will be set from finishing order of Sprint race.
- The two mandatory kart swaps will need to take place during the 35 minute and 5 minute window of the race.
- 40lb max of lead weight in the seat.
- All penalties will be either a black flag stop and go or a final position change.
- Rough driving will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of driving privileges. Rough driving will be assessed by the track officials and the race director. If you move a kart out of the way and gain that position, you can either give the position back and receive no penalty (you have 2 laps to do this) or we will score you last.
- No blocking. You may make one move in advance of the kart(s) behind you. You cannot move back across the track after you’ve made your move. You cannot run someone off the track that is beside you on a straightaway.
- No passing in parts of track with local yellows.
- Top five finishers in all Races will weigh in at end of session along with the quicktime driver for that race and random picks.
- If you have an open black flag directed at you, you must come into pit lane for a stop and go penalty. You have 2 laps to adhere to the black flag. If you don’t adhere within 2 laps you will be removed from the entirety of the remaining night’s event.
- Repeated four wheels off will result in a meatball flag and you must come in for a stop and go penalty.
- Concrete run-off is not considered part of the racing surface.
- Pit Lane speed- 5 mph.
- Bad behavior and/or foul language will not be tolerated and any person involved will be asked to leave the premises.