About this event
2017 PCA NER Autocross #1
Sponsored by Autobahn Performance
Moore Airfield, Fort Devens, Ayer, MA
Sunday May 21, 2017
Registration Closes Wednesday May 17, 2017 at midnight.
Note: We no longer accept payment at the gate. All payments must be made online.
What is Autocross?
Autocross is a sport of trying to navigate your car through a defined course of pylons faster than your competition. Events are run at speeds usually between 40-65 MPH, usually in second gear. Unlike some other venues, we are extremely fortunate to have access to one of the premier autocross venues in the Northeast. Where many clubs are consigned to parking lots, we are privileged to be able to design courses that regularly exceed 1.25 miles in length with runs lasting well over a minute. You'd be amazed at how much excitement can be packed into 60 seconds.
Autocross is not only a "performance driving event", but a safe way to learn how to drive your car at its limit. You not only learn how to handle your car at speeds that you drive daily, but you also:
- Gain confidence in your driving ability.
- Learn the limits of your car's brakes
- Learn correct seating, hand, and feet positions
- Learn the limits of your car's tire adhesion
Autocross is a great way to exercise your driving skills in a safe environment. For anyone that would like assistance, there will be instructors available to work with you. Each autocross has a different and unique course design and will undoubtedly provide you with a fun driving experience. Autocross courses are set up using soft orange traffic pylons which will not damage your car. Finally, Autocross is a social gathering of new and old friends and LOTS OF FUN!!!
Who is eligible?
PCA Members: All current PCA members are eligible to attend our autocrosses driving any make of car.
Non-PCA Member Driving Porsche: Do you know someone who autocrosses their Porsche? Should they invite you to co-drive or let you borrow the car, you may attend our autocross. Or, if you own a Porsche and are not a member, this gives you the chance to try out our club event.
PCA Member (any car make) $50
Non-PCA Member (driving Porsche) $60
NER PCA Ride along for Charity program - $20 - proceeds go to Angel Flight Northeast charity
- Minimum age 16.5 with a valid driver's license (not a permit) and parental consent and one parent attending event, 18 years of age otherwise.(see below for forms)
- Helmet with a Snell 2010 or later sticker (a limited number of loaner helmets will be available). K, M and SA rated helmets are allowed.
- Your car must be able to pass a technical inspection, which includes tires with visible tread, secure lug nuts and operable seat belts (factory installed belts are a minimum). No other special equipment is required.
- Please note that rollbars will be required for all open cars not equipped with factory pop up rollover protection. The one exception to this requirement is that early 911 Cabriolets running on street tires will be allowed to compete. Factory rollover hoops on Boxsters are acceptable.
- Cars will be tested with a sound meter and noise should never exceed 90 db at a distance of 75 ft.
Again this year 16- and 17-year-old children of region members can participate in autocross events. To be eligible, permission forms, which can be found on the PCA website, must be obtained and signed by the entrant's parents.
Please determine your class before continuing. Many classes are changed from last year! Class descriptions and full event rules can be found on the NER website
If you have attended an NER autocross in the past year, you probably already have a number with us. Please enter that number, or a desired number into the form box. If the requested number is taken, we will assign you an available number. Our member's numbers database is extensive. As a result, most single and low double digit numbers are taken, and cannot be used. If you would like a low number, or are buying number plaques, please email the registrar to see if the numbers are available.
Keep in mind that the number you enter into the Motorsportreg.com database may not be available. The registrar will try to contact you before the event, if there is adequate time to do so. If there is not, your number may be revised without notice.
Day of Event:
Event check-in and technical inspection opens at 7:00 AM and closes at 8:00 AM. The driver meeting begins at 8:15 AM. We expect to see the first car off before 9:30 AM. We recommend that you arrive no later than 7:30 AM to give yourself time to unload your car, register for the event and walk the track. Please do not show up late. The event will conclude between 3pm and 5pm depending on the number of participants, and runs taken. You are expected to stay the full day, and work both morning and afternoon sessions.
Please note: Devens has revised their site use rules this year and dogs at Moore Airfield must be kept on a leash and any droppings collected and properly disposed in the on-site dumpster.