The 2016 Food Drive (Charity Road Rally)
SCCA - Philadelphia Region
Registration closed November 17, 2016 5:00 PM on November 17, 2016 5:00 PM EST Registration ends November 17, 2016 5:00 PM on November 17, 2016 5:00 PM EST Registration opens October 23, 2016 2:00 PM on October 23, 2016 2:00 PM EDT Registration runs from October 23, 2016 2:00 PM to November 17, 2016 5:00 PM
This charity road rally will take you through some amazing back roads in Bucks, Northampton, and Hunterdon Counties just in time to put you in the spirit of giving. Just as we did in 2012, 2014 and 2015, your entry fee will be 5 donation-appropriate food items.
This year's beneficiary will be the Bucks County Housing Group.
Most Needed Items & Collection Ideas
FOOD BANK DONATIONS NEEDED:
- Protein: Canned meats such as tuna, chicken, and salmon. Beans, canned or dried. Split peas and lentils. Peanut butter.
- Grain: Pasta, rice, or quinoa. Oatmeal or breakfast cereals (whole grain or low sugar).
- Dairy: Shelf stable milk, non-fat dried powder milk, or dry-grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepared meals: Pasta sauces, stews, canned pasta, baked beans, or Mac & Cheese. Chunky soups.
- Fruits: Canned fruit in its own juice or 100% fruit juice.
- Vegetables: Especially carrots, potatoes, yams, or tomatoes.
- Baking goods: Cake mix, flour, or sugar.
- Fresh Produce that does not require refrigeration, like onions, garlic, oranges, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, or bananas.
- Other items: Olive oil, canola oil, broths, lemon juice, or vinegar. Spices such as pepper, cinnamon, oregano, parsley, or chili powder. Healthy snacks. Ketchup, mayo, or salad dressings.
The Bucks County Housing Group is unable to accept: • Open packages • Homemade food items • Items with “expired” dates• Items in glass jars
Exceeding the 5 item registration minimum will benefit your score!
This will be a GTA style rally using our usual general instructions
Registration will open at 9:45 AM, with drivers’ meeting at 10:45 a.m., and the first car will be off at approx. 11:00 AM.
We'll be wrapping things up in the Bucks County area for lunch and awards. The first cars should get to the end point around 2:00PM, give or take a half hour. We will offer novice and experienced classes as usual. If you've done more than 2 Philly SCCA region rallies in the last 3 years you should consider the experienced class.
Please note that this rally will contain some unpaved surfaces. There should be no significant issues with ground clearance or road damage. You may want to leave your Maclaren at home for this event but those of you in lowered vehicles should be fine.