GVC Ultimate Driving School - Watkins Glen
|Registration Closed:||August 18, 2012 11:59 PM EDT|
Drivers: Drivers must be at least 18 years old at the time of the event, and possess a valid state, provincial, or international driver’s license.
Passenger cars of any marque are welcome* if they pass our technical and safety inspection as detailed on our Tech Inspection form (see below for link). All vehicles MUST be inspected and have the form completed and signed by a certified mechanic. The driver must sign the form and present it at on-site tech and check-in.
NOTE: A random selection of vehicles will undergo a detailed inspection at check-in to verify the pre-event technical inspection.
The following vehicles are not acceptable for our driving school:
- OPEN-TOP CARS (convertibles, roadsters, etc.) EXCEPT vehicles with built-in manufacturer-certified roll-over protection. Please email or call the Registrar if you are unsure whether your car is eligible, or have questions about this policy.
- TRUCKS, SUVs, or SAVs (including BMW X-series, Porsche Cayennes, etc)
- SINGLE-SEAT, OPEN-WHEEL VEHICLES, or VEHICLES LACKING A FRONT PASSENGER SEAT. Instructors ride with all students and must be provided safe seating.
*GVC reserves the right to disqualify any vehicle deemed unsuitable or unsafe for use in our school.
- YOU MUST BE A MEMBER of BMW CCA to enroll as a student in a GVC driving school. To join: http://bmwcca.org/index.php?pageid=new_member
- A-solo students must be pre-approved by the chief instructor or registrar. Those who have previously participated and been qualified for A-Solo with GVC do not require pre-approval. All new A-solo applicants must submit a detailed resume of their driving experience. The will be assigned to the regular A group to be evaluated by A-Solo students and instructors, and must submit to a checkout ride before being admitted to A-solo. Admission is based on the consensus of the A-Solo group.
- $425 (US). Novices (D students new to GVC) -- $325. Includes party and Ultimate Driving School event shirt.
- Registration closes approximately one week prior to the event. Once the run groups are full, all new applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
- Registration after the deadline is only possible by special arrangement, and only if there are still slots available or late cancellations (call or email the Registrar).
- Registration is not final until payment has been received.
- Fees are refundable before the deadline, subject to a 5% charge to cover billing charges.
- Alternatively, fees can be credited toward a future GVC Driving School to avoid the billing charge.
- Fees are non-refundable after the deadline unless another student is available to take the vacated slot.
Tech Inspection and Medical Information Forms: When you have been accepted as a student for this event, you will receive an email confirmation. Attached to that email will be a Pre-Event Safety Inspection (“Tech”) Form and a Medical Information Form (see below), downloadable in a single document by following this link: GVC Tech & Medical Form (.pdf).
Please read and complete these forms carefully well in advance of the event.
Tech form: specifies the minimum requirements for the safety of your track vehicle. You must have a competent professional mechanic inspect your car, make any needed repairs, and sign the Tech form to signify compliance. The GVC reserves the right to reject any vehicle that is deemed unsafe for track use. More information is found on the Tech form.
Emergency Medical Information and Contact Form: This form is used to provide information at the event to medical professionals in a medical emergency only; by signing this form you are explicitly permitting the GVC to distribute this information only to the appropriate medical personnel. This form is strictly for internal use only.
The procedure for submitting the medical information form is the following:
Fill out and SIGN the form, and seal it in a #10 business envelope (an envelope template is included with the downloadable form).
Write your name, and the name and phone number of a person to contact in case of emergency, on the outside of the envelope.
Write on the envelope whether you wish the form to be "RETURNED" or "DESTROYED" at the end of the event. All unclaimed envelopes at the end of the event will be destroyed.
Submit the sealed envelope at check-in for the event.
*You will not be allowed to participate in the school without first presenting completed and signed Tech / Medical forms at Check-in. No car failing inspection may be used on the track until it is repaired, re-inspected, and passed.
Waivers: VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ
- You must read and agree to the conditions of the waiver at the time of registration on Motorosportreg.com.
- All participants will be required to sign the GVC BMW CCA waiver of liability at event check-in/tech inspection. This need only be done once for the entire event.
- All participants and guests will required to sign a waiver at the gate for Watkins Glen Intl. upon arrival each day.
- NEW: ALL guests must sign the GVC BMW CCA waiver immediately upon arrival. This should be done at the administration desk. A guest wristband will be issued to indicate compliance. It is the responsibility of all participants to ensure that their guests complie with this requirement.
- NEW: A separate waiver for minors (<18 yrs old) entering the event must be signed by BOTH parents or legal guardians. PLEASE NOTE: The waiver must be signed and notarized prior to the event by any parent/guardian not present at the event.
- A Snell-rated helmet is required for all participants (Snell 2005 or 2010, 'M' or 'SA'). note: Snell 2000 or older helmets are NOT accepted.
- Loaner helmets are available only for guests taking demonstration rides with instructors. Participants must bring their own helmet. Sharing helmets is prohibited.
For answers to questions regarding registration in particular, or our Driving Schools in general, please email the GVC registrar.
If you are an instructor for other chapters or car clubs, but have never instructed for us, please visit the Instructing with GVC web page for information about how to qualify as an instructor for the GVC.
By clicking continue and registering for this event, you acknowledge that MotorsportReg.com makes no refunds of any kind. View the MotorsportReg.com terms for details.
BMW CCA - Genesee Valley Chapter is offering a separate cancellation policy directly: Registration closes August 18. Registration after that date is by special arrangement with the Registrar. Fees are non-refundable after the deadline, unless there are students on the waiting list who can fill the slot. Refunds are subject to a 5% fee to cover billing costs. This fee is waived if you choose to credit the refund toward a future GVC driving school. Contact the Registrar by phone or email to cancel after the deadline.Registration Closed: August 18, 2012 11:59 PM EDT