British Columbia Historic Motor Races (BCHMR)
|Registration Closed:||August 5, 2012 5:00 PM PDT|
The Vintage Racing Club of British Columbia (VRCBC) is pleased to present the British Columbia Historic Motor Races (BCHMR) 2012 at Mission Raceway Park Road Course, Mission, BC on August 4-5, 2012. This year will mark the 25th running of the BCHMR and to celebrate this significant milestone, the race organizers have added two major races to their traditional weekend program to provide a very interesting and exciting Motor Sports Festival for both participants and fans.
- The Children’s Charities Grand Prix – The CCGP is a well-known annual event at Mission Raceway. For 2012, the CCGP will recall and celebrate the classic GT races that were a fixture of the legendary Westwood racing circuit. Appropriately, these very fast and crowd-pleasing cars will contend for the Westwood Trophy.
- The Formula Vee Invitational Race - This will be the third year for the big annual Formula Vee race at Mission Raceway sponsored by BC’s very own Family Affair Racing Team. It has become a must-attend event for all Vee enthusiasts. This year’s race will recognize the contribution that Formula Vee has made to road racing around the world for more than forty years. The Formula Vees will contend for the Abbotsford Cup, a historic award that celebrates where road racing began in British Columbia, at the nearby ex-WWII airfield, Abbotsford Airport in 1950.
The Vintage racing has also been enhanced by allowing some newer but still Vintage cars to participate, and by organizing the entries into four groups:
- Vintage Group 1 – Fast Production-based sedans and sports cars up to 1992.
- Vintage Group 2 – Fastest Production-based sedans and sports cars up to 1992.
- Vintage Group 3 - Fast Exhibition Class cars – sports racing and formula (single seat) purpose-built racing cars at least twenty years old.
- Vintage Group 4 - Fastest Exhibition Class cars – sports racing and formula (single seat) purpose-built racing cars at least twenty years old.
Members of the Sports Car Club of BC (SCCBC) and the Motor Sport Emergency & Turnworkers Association (META), and other volunteers will assist with race operations. The BCHMR is both a VRCBC REVS and a SOVREN points event.
For Vintage Entrants:
- $350 CDN / US for the first car per Entrant (includes two complimentary tickets to VRCBC Saturday night BBQ)
- $250 CDN / US for the second and each additional car per Entrant
For Children's Charities Grand Prix Entrants:
- $350 CDN / US (includes two complimentary tickets to VRCBC Saturday night BBQ)
For Formula Vee Invitational Race Entrants:
- $250 CDN / US (includes complimentary Saturday night BBQ hosted by Family Affair Racing Team)
UPDATE: The Late Fee for all Entrants is $50 CDN / US payable for each entry or payment received after July 28, 2012 (one week before the event). If you wait to pay at registration at the track, the extra $50 fee will apply.
UPDATE (July 24th): Important Notice about the Friday, August 3rd Test & Tune (Practice) Day - Separate Entry & Registration on MotorsportReg.com
The Practice Day is a Go! Enter as soon as possible and pay when you get to the track.