Tulip Time Rally
Registration closed May 16, 2014 6:00 PM on May 16, 2014 6:00 PM CDT Registration ends May 16, 2014 6:00 PM on May 16, 2014 6:00 PM CDT Registration opens April 8, 2014 9:00 AM on April 8, 2014 9:00 AM CDT Registration runs from April 8, 2014 9:00 AM to May 16, 2014 6:00 PM
TULIP TIME RALLY
This fun rally will introduce you to another type of Route Instruction, the "tulip." This is a sort-of aerial-view drawing of the intersection you are looking for, clearly showing where you enter the intersection (the "bulb," a black dot at the bottom of the diagram), and where you leave (the "flower," or arrow on one of the lines making up the diagram).
The other difference between this rally and the others we will present this year is rally timing: you are going to be timed to the second for parts of the rally. But this is easy: all you need is a watch with a second hand. We ask you to drive a one-hour+ loop north of Denton, twice, in exactly the same time. The team that comes closest to that goal will be the winner. There will be a few sign questions that will act as tie-breakers.
Again, we are honored to be allowed into the Pack Automotive Museum in Farmers Branch for registration. This is a private collection of 100 old and significant cars, that you can enjoy during registration for the rally. It is at the corner of Diplomat Drive and Senlac Drive, found between I-35 freeway and Bush Turnpike.
Course following will be easy, with mileages at most instructions.
- Rally Day: Saturday, May 17, 2014
- Starting Place: the Pack Automotive Museum at 2070 Diplomat Dr. in Farmers Branch.
- Registration: 9:00am to 10:00am on Rally Day
- Novice meeting: 10:00am
- Cars leave the start: 10:15am plus your car number
- Length: 150 miles (~3:45 hours)
- Finish: A local Denton restaurant
- Rally type: GTA (fun run). A watch or clock with a second hand is recommended.
- Route: paved roads in Denton and Wise counties
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: "speed" is not a factor.
- Rally Fee: $20.00 for SCCA Members: $25.00 for non-members. $5.00 late fee if not preregistered here .
- Four classes: First Timer, Novice (<3 rally trophies), General, and Master. Any ex-TSD rallyist is in Master Class.
- Rally Master: Sasha Lanz
All on paved roads, at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
You will want to do online registration (here at MotorsportReg.com) because then you will be mailed the rally rules a few days before the event.
See the rally flyer at http://texasscca.org/rallytime.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 50,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
A road rally is not a contest of speed or racing. The challenge is to follow a prescribed course at legal speeds and to read signs and landmarks along the route to find answers to questions supplied by the organizers.
This is the second event in the 2014
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rallytime.
This rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship. Sanction Number 2014-RG-41-02.
Presented by Texas Region SCCA