THSCC 2H Kart Enduro
Registration closed August 30, 2014 5:00 PM on August 30, 2014 5:00 PM EDT Registration ends August 30, 2014 5:00 PM on August 30, 2014 5:00 PM EDT Registration opens May 14, 2014 12:00 AM on May 14, 2014 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from May 14, 2014 12:00 AM to August 30, 2014 5:00 PM
Come join us for wheel to wheel karting at VIR! The same weekend that THSCC will be running its HPDE program we will have an arrive-and-drive two-hour karting enduro at the VIR Kart Track on Saturday evening. Those who are already attending the HPDE program can come compete in the enduro as well after your track day, or bring your friends out and give them a taste of wheel-to-wheel karting.
NOTE: Registration for this event constitutes one team entry. That means only the team captain must sign up. A maximum of twelve (12) teams can compete at this event.
Entry fee is $160 per team. Payment method must be provided upon registration, however cards will not be charged until registration closes one week before the event on August 30th.
Check out some video of similar enduro events at this track:
|Registration Closes & entry fees charged||Saturday, August 30th, 2014|
|Drivers' Meeting||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 @ 6:00 PM|
|Race Start||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 @ 6:30 PM|
Rules & Regulations
- Race will be 120 minutes (2 hours) long.
- The race start will be a standing start on the front straightaway. On the out lap, maintain very slow speed and do not pass any karts and do not pass your grid spot. Once in your grid spot, do not go until a waived green flag is displayed.
- Winners will be determined by those teams who have completed the most laps at the end of the race.
- There will be two classes: Light and Heavy, as determined by the average weigh-in weight of all drivers on the team. Light will be up to 199 lbs., Heavy will be 200 lbs. and above. Each driver must weigh in just before the race. Drivers may wear all their gear during weigh-in, however, no ballast may be added to the driver or kart.
- Each team must do a minimum of 3 pit stops (4 stints).
- Pit speed limit is walking speed and begins at the "slow down" signs in the pit lane. If you exceed the pit speed, you will either be black flagged for a stop-and-hold or a lap will be electronically deducted.
- When changing drivers, the exiting driver may NOT push or touch the kart after exiting.
- If you do not change drivers during your pit stop, the driver must come to a complete stop, exit the kart, run around the kart 360 degrees and re-enter the kart before leaving the pits.
- No intentional bumping, blocking, or wreckless behaviour. Violators will be black flagged.
- Each driver will be given a wristband. If you receive a waived black flag, come in to the pits on your next lap and come to a stop and your wristband will be cut off. If you do not have a wristband left, you (as an individual) will be done for the day, and you will have to have a teammate take over the next stint. These such stops do not count toward the minimum pit stops.
- Long pants and closed-toe shoes must be worn while driving
- Minors must have a parent or guardian present to sign the minor waiver. If a parent or guardian cannot be present, please contact the event organizer ahead of time.
Equipment that is mandatory and will be provided at the track, or you may bring and use your own:
- Full-face helmet
- Karting neck collar or neck restraint
Items that are optional but recommended:
- Long sleeve shirt
- Water & hydrating drinks