Prepping for the Pro Autocross Practice
Registration closed March 19, 2014 11:59 PM on March 19, 2014 11:59 PM PDT Registration ends March 19, 2014 11:59 PM on March 19, 2014 11:59 PM PDT Registration opens February 11, 2014 12:00 AM on February 11, 2014 12:00 AM PST Registration runs from February 11, 2014 12:00 AM to March 19, 2014 11:59 PM
Prepping for the Pro
Autocross Practice Hosted by the E-Board
March 22, 2014
It's that time of year, Pro Solo time is here. This is the last opportunity to practice on the fabulous El Toro surface before the Pro Solo to be held here April 12-13 with the practice starts and welcome party Friday, April 11. If you've never been to a Pro Solo, read this and this. It truly is a blast! Because this is primarily a warm-up to the Pro Solo, a priority system is in place for this event. But don't be detered. With more that 12 hours of sunlight available, we'll be able to accomodate a large number of entrants.
What to Expect
For this event, you can expect a world class course especially prepared by the Cal Club team. With daytime highs averaging 70 degrees, the weather should be perfect for an autocross.
We'll Have Food!
Oh yeah! Come hungry. Rodrigo of OC Catering will bring out the gormet food truck for breakfast and lunch. Ask for the Carne Asada Burrito. It's wonderful!
Hey.....Don't Forget Your Water!
It can get hot out there, even in March. If not hot, then it's dry. Keep hydrated. The night before, throw 5 or 6 bottles of water in the freezer. Kept in a small cooler, you'll have a supply of cold water all day just in case.
No Overnight Camping
There is no overnight camping allowed on this site. However, personal belongings, including vehicles, may remain overnight. The site is fully fenced and the gates will be closed and locked when we leave for the night. Everything must be removed by the time we leave on Sunday. Neither Cal Club nor the event site will be responsible for damaged, lost or stolen property.
As with any venue, we want to make a good impression on our landlords. With that in mind, please use the receptacles for your trash and do not leave trash anywhere on site. Also, have respect for the neighbors and drive carefully both inside and outside the site.
- Single Entry - $70
- Split Entry - $85 (two drivers sharing the same car, one set of runs, and one normal work assignment)
- Junior Kart single entry - $15. Separate Junior Kart course may be available if space permits.
- An SCCA membership is required. A temporary membership can be purchased for $15 the morning of the event.
Note: Once on the entry list, your credit card will be charged on Thursday March 20 unless you cancellation is received by the Wednesday midnight prior to the event.
Special Proceedures for this event:
- Initial entry list will be posted by March 13, 2014.
- There will be entry priority in the following order: CSCC Officials, entrants to the April 6-7 ProSolo, CSCC points card holders, all others.
- 7:00 - Tech/Registration Opens
- 8:15 - Course closes for walking
- 8:30 - Mandatory Novice Safety Meeting.
- 8:45 - Tech/Registration closes. First work group called.
- 9:00 - First car out
- Held under the SCCA Solo Rules and the CSCC Solo Supplemental Regulations.
- Helmets must conform to Snell 2000 or newer. Some loaner helmets will be available.
- No alcohol or other intoxicants may be used by anyone on the event site.
- Speed limits - Paddock 5 MPH; Access road 25 MPH
- PLEASE USE CAUTION at all times while on site.
- Competitors under 18 years old MUST have a waiver signed by BOTH parents. Waiver forms are available at SCCA.com
- Closed exhaust - 100db @ 50' noise standard.
- Event officials reserve the right to make changes as needed without further notice.
EventMaster - KJ Christopher (No$)
Registration - George Schilling (CASOC)
Timing and Scoring - Rick Brown (PSCC)
Course Designer - Art Rinner (SCNAX)
Worker Chief - Adam Tarnoff
Tech - Kyle O'Rourke (SCNAX)
Waivers/Gate - Jessica Pao (SCNAX)
Safety Steward - QV Dang (SCNAX)
Youth Steward - Rick Jung (PSCC)
Novice Coordinator - Leonard Cachola (SCNAX)