Pitt Race Full Track PDE Group 2 Solo and Group 3
Registration closed September 16, 2016 11:59 PM on September 16, 2016 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends September 16, 2016 11:59 PM on September 16, 2016 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens June 16, 2016 12:00 AM on June 16, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from June 16, 2016 12:00 AM to September 16, 2016 11:59 PM
NOTE: The afternoon of the September 16th PDE will be Full Track and open only to Students approved by Pitt Race for Group 2 Solo and Group 3.
Group 1 and Group 2 students please see the registration link for the September 16th North Track only event.
PDE (Performance Driver Education) Learn the art of driving fast in a safe and controlled environment with Pitt Race’s seasoned pros, and then put it to the test. Train with Pitt Race’s instructors on our natural terrain road course. The goal is for you to develop your skills behind the wheel as you experience a broad range of your car’s performance. If you want to be a better driver with driving techniques based on racing, Pitt Race PDE is your source. Participants are divided into the following Groups:
Group 2 Solo (Intermediate): Group 2 Solo is for drivers who have demonstrated an understanding of high-performance rules, safety, etiquette, and track regulations. Drivers in this group have been signed off as a safe solo driver by two Pitt Race Instructors. Cost: $225 per driver
Group 3 (Advanced): Pitt Race PDE drivers who are signed off by our chief driving instructor and/or are accredited race organization or school (SCCA, NASA, NARRA, etc.) have the opportunity for solo runs and to utilize our Test & Tune event days. Cost: $225 per driver
Days are divided into Group 1 and 2 in the morning (8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) and Group 2 Solo and Group 3 afternoon (1 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.) sessions.
Groups 1 & 2 will include three 25-minute sessions on track with our instructor, plus two classroom sessions.
Group 2 Solo & Group 3’s will consist of several run groups splitting up the different classes of cars from street cars, race prepared (closed wheel) & race prepared (open wheel). There will be 25 minute sessions, back to back, until 5:30 p.m.
PDE Group 2 Solo and Group 3 Daily Protocols:
- Registration begins at 12 noon, followed by a mandatory driver’s meeting at 1 p.m. If you arrive after the drivers meeting you must see the lead instructor before you will be given access to the track.
- First track session within half hour of driver’s meeting.
- Participants may enter the property at 7:00 a.m. but will not be permitted on track until driver’s meeting has concluded for Group 2 Solo and Group 3.
- No race engines may be started before 8:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m.
- PDE on track sessions generally begin at 1:30 p.m. and run until 5:30 p.m., but any given PDE day is subject to adjustments and modifications.
- Cars are divided into three categories at Pitt Race Officials discretion.
- You will be required to sign the Pitt Race waiver upon arrival at the track gate. Driver check-in is typically at the Pitt Stop Pro Shop.