NASA at Targa California
NASA - SoCal Rally
Event ONE: Targa Baja California November 3-6, 2016 *PORSCHES ONLY*
Event TWO: Targa Baja California, November 7-10, will open for all makes and will open for registration in approximately two weeks under a separate event registration page. Note that other than the different Alpine area meeting places, BOTH events are the same
Now for something a little different that car enthusiasts will enjoy: a little salsa picante to go along with your favorite past time of driving a sportscar!
Targa California in partnership with Happy Discover of Ensenada will be hosting TWO Targa Baja Californias.
Days of driving great roads while exploring and enjoying the treats of the Mexican Riviera.
Our schedule is firmed up and is as follows:
November 2 Wednesday, Viejas Casino Hotel in Alpine California (east of San Diego) Arrive early, sign in for the event, enjoy the resort. Recommended as we will be leaving early Thursday morning on the event. Viejas Casino Resort for Event ONE 800 847 6537. Mention Targa Baja California for special rate.
November 3 Thursday. Final event check in at the Viejas. Back roads driving from Alpine to the Tecate USA border crossing. Regroup and cross together to meet the Mayor of Tecate. He is sponsoring a welcome snack during a press conference. Following the snack, there will be an escorted drive to La Rumorosa. After a few â€œlapsâ€ going up and down the mountain, we will continue to Rancho Santa Veronica for a meal, live music, relaxing, swimming, and horseback riding < Reservations needed ahead of time for horseback riding at $12/hour additional cost- limited availability.
November 4 Friday. More fun back roads with stops in the wine country, for some tasting, more cool places to visit and an afternoon lunch (ala carte) in Ensenada. Open night.
November 5 Saturday. Ensenada to Ojos Negros for Wine Tasting and Cheese. Back to Ensenada (This road is just a lot of fun) to Estero Beach for ocean side lunch (ala carte). Afterwards option of visiting La Bufadora or retiring to your hotel. Open night.
November 6 Sunday. Farewell breakfast and awards at the El Rey Sol French Restaurant, Ensenada. Escorted drive to Fast Pass lane in Tijuana
Hotel reservations should be made under Targa California for the special rates at the Viejas (Event ONE) , Ayres (Event TWO), Rancho Santa Veronica, Posada El Rey Sol, El Cid
This event is sanctioned, and insured through National Auto Sport Association
- *Car eligibility details: EVENT ONE is for Porsches only and is limited to a total of 55 cars, including our sponsors. 1975 and older models but we will include up through 1989 (Hey, the look pretty much the same) . We are allowing a FEW past entrants (Our Baja Pioneers) to attend with their newer models, BUT the rule is really for the classic look era of the 911, 912, 914, and 356
- EVENT TWO is for ALL makes including Porsche. The event is exactly the same as Event ONE. Again the theme is 1975 and older, including continuation models that meet the spirit and intent of the event. Examples are cars like Datsun 260Z, Cobra Replicas, etc.
- Got something unusual , or interesting? Iâ€™m intrigued, so send me pics and description to email@example.com and weâ€™ll talk.
- HOTELS: MUST MENTION TARGA BAJA GROUP WHEN MAKING RESERVATIONS
- Event #1 HQ Hotel is the Viejas Casino Resort November 2 one night 800 847 6537
- Event #2 HQ hotel in Alpine is the Ayres Lodge 1251 Tavern Road, Alpine 91901 619 445 5800 Sunday, November 6th one night
- Rancho Santa Veronica. From the USA dial 011 52 664 681 7428 or 011 52 664 681 7429 . From 9 am till 2 pm, ask for Naellely Guerrero / From 3 pm till 6 pm ask for Diego Ceballos. Event ONE date is November 3rd // Event TWO date is November 7th
- Posada El Rey Sol / El Cid Ensenada EVENT ONE dates November 4, 5 leaving the 6th (two nights) // EVENT TWO November 8,9; leaving the 10th (two nights) Reservations at 011 52 646 1781601 Extension 123 (Jahziel Villareal Estrada)
- Towing services
Car insurance (Mandatory in Mexico!) Agreed value insurance will be available through the recommended company; Border Mex Insurance 800 332 2118 or go directly to the form:
The link allows you to post the value of your car and get an accurate quote. They are an excellent company and follow through promptly and efficiently if a claim is made. Cost is dependent on total value amount of the car. Note that the Hagerty Guide can be used to establish value on your car if you donâ€™t have an appraisal.
NASA membership: At least one person per car must be a NASA member.If you had joined or renewed during the Targa California event this past April, then you are okay. The membership is for one year. Member enrollment is through the NASA site at www.nasaproracing.com . < See the membership button on the main home page. When joining, note that there is no need to put a car number, or transponder number, on the form.
Entry form: This will be only available through the NASA site. Check the events calendar on the left side of the NASA home page, and link through to the Targa Baja California page.
Events like this would not be possible without our sponsors. For the Targa Baja California we are pleased to announce the support of AutoKennel, Judy Eig / Morgan Stanley, TRE Motorsports, Randy Inglis Restorations, St Clair Insurance Agency/ Hagerty Insurance
Entry fee is $500 per car. Non refundable after August 30th, 2016. If we have someone on the waiting list, there will be a charge to switch over the open spot if you cancel.
Breakfast is included for all three mornings in Mexico. Dinner is included at Rancho Santa Veronica. All other meals are ala carte
TWO event T shirts are included with each entry (specify size on the registration form), one grille badge, 4 car event stickers, rally booklet, (no jackets this time), one baseball cap included
Extra items may be purchased on the registration form.
Remember that you should exercise your constitutional right to vote with an absentee ballot well before the event