NASA at Gateway Motorsports Park
NASA - Central Region
- Track Schedule: www.drivenasacentral.com/2016GMPSchedule.pdf
- Track Website: www.gatewaymsp.com
- Fuel Available on site or across street at gas station.
- Gate Hours Open - 5PM Friday
- Tire Services Solo Performance Specialties will be on site.
- HyperDrive (Racing101)- This is an introductory, (3) 20 minute track session for those interested in driving on a track. We will use a classroom setup and a lead/follow system on track to help you become a safe and competent driver. This is intended for those new to the sport although intermediate drivers may also participate. You do not have to be a NASA member to participate in the HyperDrive.
- HPDE 1 - This is where you need to be if you are new driver. HPDE includes (4) 20 minute sessions. All HPDE 1 students will be automatically assigned an instructor for the weekend.
- HPDE 2 - For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own, but just want more time with the novice group. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment.
- HPDE 3 â€“ Groups 3 and 4 also run together, typically arranged by fastest vehicle. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate.
- HPDE 4 - Open passing, still monitored by group leader.
- Time Trials (TT) - TT license is required to register. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups - Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- Competition School â€“ Comp School utilized based on interest. Designed for students who are ready to enter the realm of wheel to wheel racing.
- NASA certified instructors, please be sure to have your instructor logbook at the track.
- Not yet an instructor and want to be? Instructed with other groups but not NASA? Please contact email@example.com to discuss becoming a certified NASA instructor.
Please remember to return your transponder before you leave the track. A charge of $400 will be issued to your card on file if the transponder is destroyed, never returned, or lost. Weak signal is a common problem with poor placement and can result in sporadic timing results. Please ensure a clear signal to the track when choosing a mounting location.
HPDE Tech Form <---Click to download form
Prior to bringing your car to the track inspect each item on the car as listed. Have the top of the form filled out in advance before going to the tech inspector. Making sure your car is track ready is your responsibility. More information and all rules are available online at www.nasaproracing.com.
Please take a moment to review the supps using the link above.
Annual Tech/New logbook
Inspections can be done at the track, on a first come first serve basis. To help prevent delays and loss of track time you are encouraged to have the inspection done prior to the event by visiting one of our NASA approved tech shops. For a list of approved shops CLICK HERE.