We are pleased to offer Pro Coaching at the 2014 Mont Tremblant High Performance Driving School. Note that the Pro Coach sessions will be *Friday Only*. You *must* be signed up for the Friday event to sign up for Pro Coach.
Richard Spénard will be available during the Ladies/Advanced/Instructor Event on Friday, October 3, 2014. This opportunity is for Advanced and Instructor drivers. Friday only!
The cost is $150.00 per each 30 minute session for students and $75/session for instructors. Prices are in U.S. dollars.
• Professional Race car driver
• Professional Race car driver coach
• Spokesperson for the automotive industry
• Facilitator/Trainer for the Automotive industry
Richard Spénard is one of Canada’s foremost race drivers and he tops the list for the most wins in Canadian racing history. His 25-year racing experience dates back to 1974 when he won his first championship title with eight victories in 10 races at Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant’s Jim Russell Racing School.
As a pro race car driver:
• Teammate of the late Gilles Villeneuve in Formula Atlantic Series
• GT racing Champion
• Canadian Formula 2000 Champion
• Player’s/GM Motorsport Series Champion
• Porsche Turbo Cup Series.
• In 1986, he recorded 12 wins in 24 starts in three different series (F2000, Porsche and GM)
• He holds the record for most wins, poles/fastest qualifier and earnings in both the Porsche and GM Series
• Raced at the 24 Hours of Le Mans
• Several wins and pole positions in Trans-Am, IMSA and North American Endurance racing.
As a race car driver coach/trainer
The Montreal native is more than a great racing driver - he is one of the leading authorities as a racing instructor in North America.
• He began his instructional career in 1980 at the Jim Russell Racing School at Riverside Speedway and Laguna Seca in California
• 1984, founded the Spénard -David Racing School at Shannonville, Ontario, with businessman Raymond David. His teaching methods, experience and ability to recognize raw talent and develop them into future stars made his school one of the most sought-after on the continent
• For several years, Spénard was the manager of the Player’s Racing development program to help young talented racecar drivers to get to the higher echelons of motor racing
• He has coached some of the greatest Canadian and US talents in motorsport like:
Jacques Villeneuve, F-1 World Champion
Tommy Kendall, Multiple Trans-Am Champion
Ron Fellows ALMS, Le Mans and Daytona 24HRS Champion
David Empringham, Formula Atlantic and Indy Light Champion
The late Greg Moore, Champ Car
Patrick Carpentier, Champ Car
Alex Tagliani, Champ Car
Budy Rice, 2004 Indy 500 Champion
Andrew Ranger, 2004 Formula Atlantic rookie of the year.
• Richard’s hard work and success in Canadian Motorsports earned him an induction at the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame in 2001
• 2002>2004 Richard was Director of Operations for the Skip Barber Racing School in Canada.
• Since 2004 Richard has been involved in coaching in the Ferrari Challenge as well as in the IMSA GT3 CUP
As a spokesperson for the automotive industry
• For the past few years, Richard has been the spokesperson for Michelin Canada promoting their winter tires, giving winter driving tips to the general public and media in Toronto and Montreal markets.
• Richard is also featured as a guest speaker in Canada and the US at various company functions to talk about the teamwork involved in motor racing.
As a facilitator/trainer for the Automotive industry
Since the early 1990’s Richard has been involved in many new product launches and training in the automotive industry
• He has worked as a facilitator, trainer and pro driver for several manufactures