2016 Labor Day Grand Prix
Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing-RMVR
Registration closed August 31, 2016 11:59 PM on August 31, 2016 11:59 PM MDT Registration ends August 31, 2016 11:59 PM on August 31, 2016 11:59 PM MDT Registration opens January 26, 2016 12:00 AM on January 26, 2016 12:00 AM MST Registration runs from January 26, 2016 12:00 AM to August 31, 2016 11:59 PM
10th Anniversary for RMVR at MPH, come celebrate at the block party!
This year RMVR and the Nebraska State Fair are teaming up to bring you an event better weekend:
- State Fair would promote the race on the Fairgrounds on both September 1 & 2. and through the media from August 29 through September 2.
- They will be making Bundled Ticket Options available to include admission to both the State Fair and Grand Prix. All this should produce more spectators for our event.
- The State Fair is covering the costs of some neat Event T-Shirts which we'll all receive free.
This will again be a two day racing event on Saturday and Sunday, and a complete day of test and tune on Friday. Test and tune ($125) will start at noon (five alternating open/closed wheel session) until at least five o’clock.[More details here] During the weekend RMVR racers will have the chance to meet and race with some different competitors. All VMC eligible cars as well as exhibition cars are welcome.
This will be another 2016 event where RMVR has a big welcome mat out for racers from Corinthian Vintage Automobile Racing (CVAR).. CVAR is sort of RMVR’s twin brother. The cars raced and run groups are very similar for both clubs, we both adhere to a "as raced in the day" preparation ethic" The CVAR drivers are, well, like us -- wishing to race with the vintage spirit and just have fun. Many of CVAR's finest will be attending this traditional RMVR Labor Day extravaganza, and we welcome them.
There are 16 new garage spaces available in the main paddock area, just adjacent to the grid. Contact George Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve a garage space.
Call Diane Hively for RV spots cell:720-563-7292 home: 303-816-0618. Spots are $100 payable to Diane at the track.
Camping is $25 also payable to Diane.
The social aspects of the Hastings event:
- Friday night we will be hosting a reception for racers and local business leaders, who will be thrilled to see our cars. A free Barbeque dinner will be provided.
- Saturday evening, we will again have our famous Nebraska steak dinner. Purchase dinner tickets when you register. As usual George Anderson, the track owner, will have some more entertainment for us. Block Party!!!
If you have not yet traveled to Hastings, you owe it to yourself to experience this event, to run this great track, and see how this local community welcomes us. We strive to make this a fun weekend with abundant track time as well as a great social component.
ATTN: Workers and Volunteers: If you wish to work this event, simply CLICK HERE to sign up online.