Instructor Clinic with Ross Bentley
Registration closed April 20, 2015 11:59 PM on April 20, 2015 11:59 PM MDT Registration ends April 20, 2015 11:59 PM on April 20, 2015 11:59 PM MDT Registration opens December 6, 2014 6:30 PM on December 6, 2014 6:30 PM MST Registration runs from December 6, 2014 6:30 PM to April 20, 2015 11:59 PM
2015 Instructor Development Clinic
hosted by Ross Bentley
WHO IS INVITED:
This event is open to all Track Junkies, WCMA, NASCC, ARCA, and BMW/AADS instructors as well as invited instructor candidates.
If you are not included in the above or have not yet received an invitation to instruct, and feel you have the combination of track driving experience, track & vehicle dynamics knowledge, communications skills, and maturity required to assist novice drivers to have a safe and fun initial track experience, please drop us an email introducing yourself.
- To develop the teaching skills of our instructors so that novice drivers have a more consistent experience; and
- To develop new instructors who wish to share their knowledge in exchange for track time.
This one day course will be a combination of classroom instruction and on-track skill development. Instructors should expect 1.5 hours of track driving as well as 1.5 hours of instructor skills practice.
- Getting started: the introduction, setting expectations, and who is in control
- Communication: body language, focusing on the act not the person, soliciting feedback
- Real life advice: breath, the onion, setting objectives, getting your student's attention, being a role model
- How we learn and the learning curve
- What to do in emergencies and when things aren't going as expected, know when to stop, and what to do if your student is better than you.
- There will be ample opportunity to develop skills on track at speed
ABOUT ROSS BENTLEY:
Ross Bentley is one of the most sought-after performance & race driver coaches in the world, and author of the best-selling Speed Secrets racing technique and strategy books. Born in Vancouver, BC, Bentley grew up in a racing household (father was a race mechanic, brother a mechanic and driver). He became one of only seven Canadian drivers to race in the CART Indy Car series; then continued his professional career in endurance racing winning the 1998 GT3 United States Road Racing Championship and 2003 SRPII Class Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona. More about Ross here.
TENTATIVE EVENT SCHEDULE:
7:30 - 8:00 Registration
8:00 - 10:00 Classroom presentation
10:00 - 10:30 Practice introductions
10:30 - 12:30 Rotating on-track and classroom sessions
12:30 - 1:00 Lunch provided by
1:00 - 4:00 Rotating on-track and classroom sessions
4:00 - 4:30 Wrap-up
5:00 - Track Walk w/ Ross Bentley
RATES FOR THIS EVENT:
- Fee per participant: $195
- Less $100 on the fee for this event if you also register in the Ross Bentley Driver Development Clinic on April 25 ... that is, we want you to continue to develop the skills you will be sharing with others
- 5% GST is included
- Please note that the rates for this event reflect financial contributions from WCMA, BMW AADS and Track Junkies to offset the costs, and that Castrol Raceway has donated the track time for this event.
WHAT ELSE DO ATTENDEES RECEIVE?
- Speed Secrets instructor jacket (not available elsewhere)
- Ross Bentley's Instructor Manifesto
- Track-specific teaching aids
- One year subscription to Speed Secrets Weekly
- $100 lodging stipend to each registrant travelling more than 150 km AND staying overnight in a local hotel. Bring your hotel receipt to the track and we'll send you a cheque.