IRDC Competition Driving School & Test-n-Tune
Registration closed June 11, 2014 11:59 PM on June 11, 2014 11:59 PM PDT Registration ends June 11, 2014 11:59 PM on June 11, 2014 11:59 PM PDT Registration opens May 1, 2014 12:00 AM on May 1, 2014 12:00 AM PDT Registration runs from May 1, 2014 12:00 AM to June 11, 2014 11:59 PM
International Race Car Drivers Club
Competition Driving School and Lapping Day - June 13, 2014
Learn high performance driving, whether you want to drive in competition or just be a better driver. All of our instructors are competition-licensed racecar drivers with many race miles of experience.
Get a taste of racing! After successful completion of the school, you will be qualified for a Novice racing license from the International Conference of Sports Car Clubs (ICSCC).
Requirements for Students:
- Minimum 18 years of age with a valid state or provincial drivers license. License must be shown at Ground School registration.
- Helmet Required, Must be SA or M 2000 or newer. Motorcycle helmets are OK. We have a limited number of loaner helmets so it is best to bring your own when possible.
- An attentive, safety first attitude.
Requirements for Cars:
- Sound Mechanical condition.
- Fluids filled - oil, water, transmission.
- Good belts, hoses and BRAKES.
- 3/32" minimum tire tread depth or race tires in good condition.
- Clean, inside and out, including engine compartment.
- All loose items removed. Spare tire, jack, battery secured.
- Open top and convertible cars MUST have a properly installed roll bar as a minimum. The top of the main hoop must be at least 2" above the driver's helmet when in a normal seated position. Factory pop-up rolllover protection is NOT acceptable and there will be no exceptions.
- Glass headlights taped to prevent possible breakage.
- Two seats with working seat belts.
Ground School :
Ground school will be at the track the morning of the event.
Topics will include:
- Vehicle Dynamics - handling characteristics of cars.
- Car Control - brake, throttle, steering and shifting techniques.
- "Driving the Line" under ideal and adverse road conditions.
- Usage of flags and what they mean.
- Safety equipment and Conference race licensing procedures.
June 13th : Pacific Raceways
Your day will include - technical inspection of your vehicle by your instructor, driver's meeting, comprehensive track tour, classroom session, in-car session with instructor, and certificate of completion.
SCHOOL WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE!!
Offline payment option:
Payments can be made at motorsportreg.com or check, payable to: IRDC, can be mailed to:
IRDC: Kristi Bennitt - 14023 Bear Creek Rd NE, Woodinville, WA 98077
There is limited space in each group.
Please register early to secure your spot.
For mor information please contact:
Bill Spornitz 425-985-9642 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries will be limited to the first 25 cars. Additional entries will be placed on a waiting list.