The Bridgestone POTENZA BMW CCA GVC HPDE Tour
Registration closed April 26, 2015 11:59 PM on April 26, 2015 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends April 26, 2015 11:59 PM on April 26, 2015 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens January 1, 2015 12:00 AM on January 1, 2015 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from January 1, 2015 12:00 AM to April 26, 2015 11:59 PM
Non-member registration opens April 1, 2015. Join BMW CCA and register today to avoid being waitlisted: http://www.bmwcca.org
Trillium BMW Club members: To register as a student, please email the Chief Instructor (DS_CI@gvc-bmwcca.org
Shake out the cobwebs, put away the skis and snow tires, and join us for some great early season fun at the Glen!
The Bridgestone POTENZA BMW CCA Genesee Valley Chapter HPDE Tour at Watkins Glen is a high-performance driving school for drivers of all skill levels (expert to novice). Students with different skill levels are assigned to run groups, taking into account prior experience, evaluations from previous driving schools (if any), and vehicle type. Each run group gets a minimum of 4 half-hour track sessions each day of the school, and are coached from the passenger seat by individually assigned, highly trained driving instructors. Between track sessions, students attend lively and interactive classroom sessions tailored to their skill level. Students also learn by example by riding with their instructors during the instructor track sessions. Novice students are required to take part in car-control exercises in an infield paddock area, where they can practice driving techniques at lower speeds under the guidance of instructors dedicated to this task.
The GVC Group S program (aka A-Solo) is open only to very advanced, experienced drivers who have been pre-approved to register for this group. Group S drivers in good standing may register without prior approval, but new applicants must first be evaluated with a checkout at the event before being admitted. New applicants should register as "Group S checkout" and will be assigned initially to the Advanced (A) run group. Please consult the GVC website (link below) for details on advancement to this special group.
For Advanced/intermediate and Novice students, this is a two-day school running on Saturday and Sunday.
For Group S drivers there are three registration options:
Three-day school (Friday - Saturday - Sunday). NOT AVAILABLE to Group S Checkout registrants
Two-day school (Existing Group S drivers: Friday - Saturday OR Saturday - Sunday; Group S Checkout: Saturday-Sunday)
Group S drivers are charged higher fees, but are afforded the following additional benefits:
· Three hours of scheduled* track time per day: Group S get 4 half-hour sessions in their own run group*, and another 2 sessions driving in the instructor run group. (*minimum 30 drivers)
· Friday open-track day: Group S drivers registered for either the 3-day (Fri.-Sun.) or 2-day (Fri.-Sat.) options drive in "open-track" conditions with the instructors on Friday. Group S may conduct special group exercises to develop and refine more advanced driving techniques (e.g., close-quarter, side-by-side driving in traffic).
· Group S Classroom debriefing sessions: Group S coaches and drivers meet for tutorials on advanced HPD techniques and group discussions that take the place of more traditional didactic classroom sessions, At these meetings, experiences will be shared, and driving techniques discussed, compared, and critiqued.
More details about GVC Group S are available on the GVC website, the GVC chief instructor (DS-CI@gvc-bmwcca.org), or Group S Lead Instructor.
Please visit the GVC website for complete details about this HP driving school, including the Group S application procedure:
Registration and Fees:
- GVC chapter members are afforded highest priority for slots in this school, followed by BMW CCA members from other chapters.
- Non-Members: Registration for non-members is delayed until approximately one month before the registration deadline. Non-members are charged an additional $100 above member fees, and have lowest priority to be promoted from a waiting list.
Membership in BMW CCA is only $48 per year. Join today to register now, and avoid the non-member surcharge!http://bmwcca.org/index.php?pageid=new_member
- Registration after the deadline is only possible by special arrangement, and only if there are still slots available or late cancellations (call or email the Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Advanced, intermediate and novice students: $450 per driver (two-day school). Non-members: add $100
- Solo Group: $475 (two-day school), $675 (three-day school) per driver.
Solo Group applicants: $475 (Saturday-Sunday) school.
Non-members: add $100
- Instructors: $75 (per vehicle) for Friday Orientation Day, 3 sessions per day Sat and Sun, and three-day shared garage access.
- Fees Include event shirt and after-hours party on Saturday, with hot buffet, beer, wine, soft drinks, open to all participants and guests.
- Registration is not confirmed until payment has been received.
- Fees are refundable before the deadline, less a 10% cancellation charge to cover credit card fees.
- Fees may be credited toward a future GVC Driving School to avoid the cancellation charge.
- Fees are non-refundable after the registration deadline unless another student is available to take the vacated slot.
The host hotel is the historic Seneca Lodge (http://www.senecalodge.com/) located at the upper entrance to beautiful Watkins Glen State Park off NY 329. The Lodge is famous for its food and racing heritage. The bar is notable for its collection of over 60 years of racing memorabliia, as well as an extensive selection of fine beverages. Another favorite place to stay very close to the track is the Falls Motel in nearby Montour Falls. http://www.thefallsmotel.com. These lodgings fill quickly, so make reservations early.
Camping at the track: Camping is not available at the track. Camping is available at nearby Watkins Glen State Park and at other private campgrounds.
Many other types of lodging can be found in Watkins Glen, from cozy bed-and-breakfasts to the luxurious Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel.
For more information, please consult our Chapter’s website: http://gvc-bmwcca.org/DrivingSchool/WGInfo.aspx