GVC Mid-June Ultimate Driving School
Registration closed June 7, 2015 11:59 PM on June 7, 2015 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends June 7, 2015 11:59 PM on June 7, 2015 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens January 1, 2015 12:00 AM on January 1, 2015 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from January 1, 2015 12:00 AM to June 7, 2015 11:59 PM
This is an Advanced Driving School for Group S, Advanced and Intermediate Drivers (SLAP level L4 and above).
Beginners and Novice students not accepted.
Non-member registration opens on May 16, 2015
Join BMW CCA (only $48 /yr) and register today! http://www.bmwcca.org
GVC welcomes you to our mid-June Advanced Driving School, our second (and final) HPDE at the Glen in 2015
This school also hosts the Stan Parker and Joel Ajavon Memorial Sprint Races intermingled with the driving school run groups on Saturday and Sunday.
There will be only two student run groups: Advanced/intermediate and Group S (aka Solo). Only 40 slots are available in each run group, so REGISTER ASAP FOR THIS SCHOOL TO AVOID BEING WAITLISTED!
Advanced and intermediate students are afforded 4 half-hour track sessions with in-car instruction each day of the school. Between track sessions, students attend lively and interactive classroom sessions appropriate for their advanced skill level. Students also gain experience by riding with their instructors during the instructor track sessions.
Currently approved GVC Group S (Solo) drivers may register without prior approval, but new applicants must go through a checkout process before being admitted. There is a separate "Grpup S checkout" registration option for this purpose. Please consult the GVC website (link below) for details on selection to this special group.
For Advanced/intermediate students, this is a two-day school running on Saturday and Sunday.
For Group S drivers there are three registration options:
Three-day school (Friday - Saturday - Sunday). NOT AVAILABLE to Group S Checkout registrants
Two-day school (Existing Group S Drivers: Friday - Saturday OR Saturday - Sunday; Group S Checkout: Saturday-Sunday)
Group S drivers are charged higher fees, but enjoy the following perks:
- Three hours of scheduled* track time per day: Solo students get 4 half-hour sessions in their own run group*, and another 2 sessions combined with the instructor run group. (*requires 25 or more drivers)
- Friday open-track day: Group S drivers registered for either the 3-day (Fri.-Sun.) or 2-day (Fri.-Sat.) options drive in "open-track" conditions with the instructors on Friday.
- Special group exercises to develop and refine more advanced driving techniques (e.g., close-quarter, side-by-side driving in traffic).
- Group S Classroom debriefing sessions: Group S coaches and drivers meet for tutorials and discussions that take the place of traditional classroom sessions, At these meetings, experiences will be shared, and driving techniques discussed, compared, and critiqued.
Please visit the GVC website for complete details about the school, including the Group S program and admission procedure:
Registration and Fees:
- Members: GVC chapter members are afforded highest priority for slots in this school, followed by BMW CCA members from other chapters.
- Non-Members: Registration for non-members is delayed to approximately one month before the registration deadline. Non-members are charged an additional $100 above member fees, and have lowest priority to be promoted from a waiting list. Membership in BMW CCA is only $48 per year. Join today to register now, and avoid the non-member surcharge! http://bmwcca.org/index.php?pageid=new_member
- Registration after the deadline is only possible by special arrangement, and only if there are still slots available or late cancellations (call or email the Registrar: email@example.com).
- Advanced/intermediate students: $450 per driver (two-day school). Non-members: add $100
- Group S: $475 (two-day school), $675 (three-day school) per driver. Non-members: add $100
- Instructors: $75 (per vehicle). Includes Friday Orientation Day, three sessions Sat & Sun, and three-day shared garage space.
- Fees Include event shirt and after-hours party on Saturday, with hot buffet, beer, wine, soft drinks, open to all participants and guests.
- Registration is not confirmed until payment has been received in full.
- Fees are refundable before the deadline, less a 10% cancellation charge to cover credit card fees.
- Fees may be credited toward a future GVC Driving School to avoid the cancellation charge.
- Fees are non-refundable after the registration deadline unless another student is available to take the vacated slot.
The host hotel is the famous Seneca Lodge (http://www.senecalodge.com/), located at the upper entrance to Watkins Glen State Park off NY 329. The Lodge is famous for its food and racing heritage. The bar is notable for its collection of over 60 years of racing memorabliia. Another favorite place to stay very close to the track is the Falls Motel in nearby Montour Falls. http://www.thefallsmotel.com. These places fill quickly, so make reservations early.
Camping at the track: Because it's a club race weekend, camping is allowed at the track. Campers must contact Watkins Glen International to make arrangements in advance.
Many other types of lodging can be found in Watkins Glen, from cozy bed-and-breakfasts to the luxurious Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. Camping is available at the scenic Watkins Glen State Park (close to Seneca Lodge) and at many other private campgrounds. For more information, please consult our Chapter’s website: http://gvc-bmwcca.org/DrivingSchool/WGInfo.aspx