Grand Prix of Houston Worker Registration
Registration closed June 23, 2014 12:59 AM on June 23, 2014 12:59 AM CDT Registration ends June 23, 2014 12:59 AM on June 23, 2014 12:59 AM CDT Registration opens March 15, 2014 5:00 AM on March 15, 2014 5:00 AM CDT Registration runs from March 15, 2014 5:00 AM to June 23, 2014 12:59 AM
Join the Houston Region SCCA for the return of the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston Presented by The Greater Houston Honda Dealers on June 27-29, 2014 to Reliant Park.
This year's event will feature some exciting racing from various levels of motorsports including a double-header from the IZOD IndyCar Series, plus races from the Mazda MX-5 Cup Series Presented by BFGoodrich Tires, the Pro Mazda Championship Presented by Cooper Tires and the Gulf Coast Vintage Racing Association.
We have expanded our planning committee to include eight specialty chiefs, and countless other volunteers. We learned from last year by listening to your comments, and we have made some changes for 2014 that we feel will be beneficial to everyone involved.
While this event will be held during the day, steps are being taken to ensure that all worker specialties will be in a reasonably comfortable environment.
- Canopies will be utilized for the F&C, Grid and Starters, and the firefighters will be able to come in to Reliant Arena during the non IndyCar & Pro Mazda sessions.
- We will have larger coolers for each station, and we will have better coordinated ice, water and Powerade runs throughout the days.
- The parking passes will be reserved through MotorsportsReg.com in advance, but we are strongly encouraging those who can carpool or walk from nearby hotels to do so.
Once again, we will be utilizing MotorsportsReg.com for registration purposes, and all volunteers are required to register in advance online. There will be no on-site registration, and all credentials will be made in advance. Registration is now open!
We are pleased to announce a number of worker benefits. In order to be eligible to receive the following benefits, you must work at least two days.
- Discounted hotel rooms will be available to reserve for around $100 per night. The promoter is currently in talks with the Holiday Inn located across the Red Lot from Reliant Stadium.
- Parties & Social Events: The Hospitality Committee has several events planned including a Kickoff Party and Gatherings Friday & Saturday night.
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks for each day worked
- Swag Bag: Everyone will receive a bag full of all kinds of swag including t-shirt, hat, patch and more.
- General Admission Tickets: Everyone will receive two general admission tickets (good for Friday, Saturday & Sunday) for the event to be given to friends or family members.
As you can see, the 2014 Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a fun and exciting event this summer, and we hope you will join us. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks, and we look forward to working with you.