Full Track Test & Tune (AFTERNOON ONLY)
Registration closed September 30, 2016 11:59 AM on September 30, 2016 11:59 AM EDT Registration ends September 30, 2016 11:59 AM on September 30, 2016 11:59 AM EDT Registration opens January 5, 2016 7:00 AM on January 5, 2016 7:00 AM EST Registration runs from January 5, 2016 7:00 AM to September 30, 2016 11:59 AM
This Test and Tune is the afternoon sessions ONLY! There is NO morning session Test and Tune!
Test and Tune is non-timed, non-competition track time for licensed racers, time trial drivers and approved Pitt Race PDE Group 3 drivers. This program is designed for those seeking additional seat time for driver improvement, vehicle and chassis tuning, and for those who want more practice time on the Pitt Race circuit prior to a race event. This program permits advanced passing rules in order to maximize the use of time spent on the track. This is also a great opportunity to shake down your car or test for an upcoming race.
No instructor feedback will be offered by Pitt Race. Once the Pitt Race race-control officials know the number and types of cars coming, they will divide the cars into groups of similar configurations and performance. The goal is to give every team and driver as much track time as possible. Pitt Race reserves the right to modify the run groups at any time during the day.
All test days are open to the public for spectating and fans are encouraged to come watch their favorite drivers and teams practice.
$200 per car for ½ day (Afternoon sessions ONLY)
Test & Tune Daily Protocol: (applies to this event only)
- Participants may enter the property 7:00 a.m.
- Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., with a mandatory driver’s meeting at 1 p.m. If you arrive after the drivers meeting you must see the lead instructor before you will be given access to the track.
- No race engines may be started before 8:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m.
- Cars are generally divided into “open-wheel” and “closed-wheel” groups
- Pitt Race determines the schedule based on enrollment. In the interest of safety, Pitt Race reserves the right to limit the number of participants on the track at any time.