Pitt Race Full Track Test & Tune Afternoon Only
Registration closed October 5, 2017 1:59 PM on October 5, 2017 1:59 PM EDT Registration ends October 5, 2017 1:59 PM on October 5, 2017 1:59 PM EDT Registration opens January 17, 2017 12:00 AM on January 17, 2017 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from January 17, 2017 12:00 AM to October 5, 2017 1:59 PM
This is Pitt Race Test and Tune is an afternoon session ONLY event. Pitt Race Group 3 drivers, Competition License Holders, and registered Chump Car drivers are the ONLY permitted participants. This event is charged PER CAR. Chump Car racers may enter 1 car with multiple drivers, but any additional car must pay an additional registration fee. Chump Car drivers are NOT permitted to enter the Group 1 and Group 2 Pitt PDE scheduled for the morning of the same day.
Test and Tune is non-timed, non-competition track time for licensed racers, time trial drivers and approved Pitt Race PDE Group 3 drivers. This program is designed for those seeking additional seat time for driver improvement, vehicle and chassis tuning, and for those who want more practice time on the Pitt Race circuit prior to a race event. This program permits advanced passing rules in order to maximize the use of time spent on the track. This is also a great opportunity to shake down your car or test for an upcoming race.
No instructor feedback will be offered by Pitt Race. Once the Pitt Race race-control officials know the number and types of cars coming, they will divide the cars into groups of similar configurations and performance. The goal is to give every team and driver as much track time as possible. Pitt Race reserves the right to modify the run groups at any time during the day.
All test days are open to the public for spectating and fans are encouraged to come watch their favorite drivers and teams practice.
$200 per car for ½ day (Afternoon sessions ONLY)
Test & Tune Daily Protocol:
- Participants may enter the property 7:00 a.m.
- Registration begins at 7:15 a.m., followed by a mandatory driver’s meeting at 8:00 a.m. Half day participants drivers meeting will be at 1pm. If you arrive after the drivers meeting you must see the lead instructor before you will be given access to the track.
- No race engines may be started before 8:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m.
- Test & Tune on-track sessions generally begin at 8:30 a.m. and run until 5:00 p.m., but any given Test & Tune schedule is subject to adjustments and modifications
- Cars are generally divided into “open-wheel” and “closed-wheel” groups.
- Pitt Race determines the schedule and run groups based on enrollment. In the interest of safety, Pitt Race reserves the right to limit the number of participants on the track at any time.