FSR Porsches in the Mountains Charity Event 2016
PCA - First Settlers
Registration closed August 19, 2016 5:00 PM on August 19, 2016 5:00 PM EDT Registration ends August 19, 2016 5:00 PM on August 19, 2016 5:00 PM EDT Registration opens July 11, 2016 3:00 PM on July 11, 2016 3:00 PM EDT Registration runs from July 11, 2016 3:00 PM to August 19, 2016 5:00 PM
Please join your First Settlers Region friends for a special version of our annual First Settlers Charity Event. This year's event, dubbed "Porsches in the Mountains", will be based at the historic Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center in Staunton, VA.
The special part is that we're adding an important piece to this year's event.... we'll be collecting food and cash donations and deliver them to flood victims in West Virginia:
Details of this relief effort are still being finalized; however, our plan is to collect non-perishable food and other supplies for the folks in West Virginia hardest hit by the recent floods, the impact of which has been devastating.
We’ll be collecting supplies and cash donations at our 16 July and 20 August Landstown Cruise-Ins, at a party at Josie and Phil Grandfield’s house in mid-August and at the Richmond area breakfast on 13 August. If you can't make it to any of the drop off events and would like to make a monetary donation, please contact Josie Grandfield, firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, a small group of us will transport what we’ve collected in trucks or trailers and deliver it to those providing aid in West Virginia on Friday before the weekend's events begin.
Please watch for details via FSR email, website, MotorsportReg.com and our Facebook page. Please be generous; these people could really use our help!
Watch this video on YouTube to see how bad the town of Richwood was hit.
Here's the itinerary for the weekend:
Friday: We'll have a welcome party in our Hospitality Suite at the Stonewall Jackson with beer, wine and some snacks. There are nearby dinner options available, so we'll come up with a plan as a group, or you can head out on your own for the evening.
- Continental breakfast will be available in the Hospitality Suite at 8AM. We'll have yogurt, fruit, breads, coffee and juice. Alternatively, if you prefer a full breakfast, there are options at the hotel or downtown.
- After the drivers meeting at 9AM, we'll head out on a fun run through the Blue Ridge mountains, ending in Monterey, VA, known as "The Switzerland of Virginia."
- Lunch will be at the Highland Inn in Monterey. Nestled in Virginia's Western highlands, the Highland Inn has been in operation since 1904 and is a Virginia Historic Landmark. After lunch, we'll take a few mountain roads back to Staunton, returning by mid-afternoon.
- Chicken Caprese Sandwich - Grilled chicken, tomato/pesto aioli, focaccia
- Steak and Cheese - Sautéed peppers and onions, horseradish aioli
- Lamb Burger - red onion, tzatziki sauce, brioche
All choices come with the following sides:
Balsamic pasta salad
- The dinner and silent auction will be at the Stonewall Jackson. We'll enjoy a Southern Buffet of:
Mac and Cheese, cole slaw, potato salad, deviled eggs
Herb Roasted Chicken
Sliced Virginia Ham
Slow Roasted Beef
Southern style green beans, cornbread and biscuits
Seasonal Fruit cobbler
The silent auction will have some great items, so please bring your check book.
- Poker Walk for Charity - After dinner, we'll walk the historic streets of downtown Staunton, with designated stops to collect your five playing cards, one of which will be a "refreshment" stop. We'll learn about the history of Staunton during our stroll and there will be a great prize for the winning hand!
- Continental breakfast will be served in the Hospitality Suite or you can venture out on your own for breakfast or brunch.
- At 10:30AM, we'll head out on a fun run to the King Family Vineyards in Crozet for wine tasting and lunch. Lunch will be catered by Dirty Nellie's in Charlottesville, the owner of which is Shenandoah Region member Gary Hagar. We'll also be able to watch a polo match, weather permitting.
- The return trip home will be on your own.
Registration fee: $50 per couple/family (this goes directly to charity)
Friday Welcome Party: No charge
Saturday Continental Breakfast: No charge
Lunch at The Highland Inn: $17
Saturday Dinner: $48
Sunday Continental Breakfast: No charge
Sunday catered lunch at the winery: $9 per person
Wine tasting: $15 per person
We currently have a block of rooms, which can be added to as required, but only if the hotel has availability. This is a popular time of year in Staunton, so if you plan to attend, we encourage you to make your reservations ASAP!
The room rate is $153, including taxes. Call 540-885-4848 and ask for the Porsche Club block rate when making your reservations. Parking is $6/day.
The Stonewall Jackson Hotel is one of Virginia’s well-loved historic hotels as it captures the spirit of the old South. Nestled in Historic Downtown Staunton, Virginia in the heart of the picturesque Shenandoah Valley, the 124-room hotel captures the spirit, history and charm of the old South. Originally built in 1924 and a member of Historic Hotels of America, the Stonewall Jackson Hotel underwent a complete renovation in 2005 and has been lovingly restored to its original grandeur with modern amenities that now includes over 8,500 square feet of conference center space, a fully equipped fitness center along with an indoor heated pool. Get ready to make your own history at this unique Virginia gem and join us at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center.