DFW Map Rally
Registration closed August 15, 2014 6:00 PM on August 15, 2014 6:00 PM CDT Registration ends August 15, 2014 6:00 PM on August 15, 2014 6:00 PM CDT Registration opens May 30, 2014 12:01 AM on May 30, 2014 12:01 AM CDT Registration runs from May 30, 2014 12:01 AM to August 15, 2014 6:00 PM
THE MAP RALLY IS BACK ON A NEW DATE: 21-JUN-14
DFW MAP RALLY.....a "shortest-distance" roadrally
Not who is the quickest, but who is the smartest...
A FUN ROADRALLY FOR STREET-LEGAL CARS
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America invites you to a fun drive in the country in Collin County in Texas. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. Speed is not a factor.
- Rally Day: Saturday, June 21, 2014
- Starting Place: Collin County Regional Airport (CCRA), at 1476 Industrial Blvd in McKinney. Just come in and register. You will be given odo check instructions, which will bring you back to CCRA.
- Registration opens at 9:00am on Rally Day (time may be adjusted).
- After you return from the odo check, you will receive your maps and your instructions for finding the ten or so locations in Collin County that you have to locate, and then visit.
- Take one hour to determine your route from maps provided. No electronic aids or extra maps permitted here.
- Cars leave the official start whenever you are ready, in any order (but at 1 minute intervals). First car out could be as early as 10:30. You must check in at the control where you started the odo check, to have your time and mileage recorded.
- Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 3 hours in time
- Finish: Los Charros Tex-Mex Restaurant in Wylie, TX.
- Rally type: Shortest distance rally. SCCA calls this a GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally.
- Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Depending on your chosen route, you may encounter stretches of unpaved road. There are many reasonable routes that are entirely paved.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies). GPS and other electronic aids welcome in any class. Note: last year the people with electronic aids such as GPS did NOT fare better than other competitors.
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Cars built before 1940 will get a little extra time.
- Rally Fee: $25.00 SCCA Members: $5.00 discount. Preregistration at msreg.us/DMR14msr is highly encouraged. Those who preregister will receive the rally "General Instructions" a few days before rally day via email. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rallymaster: John Poulos.
Special note: on Saturday June 14, there will be an opportunity to run your odo check before rally day. This will save you time at registration on rally day. You may register starting at 9:30am if you have run your odo check beforehand. You must notify us that you want to do this, via email to email@example.com. Then show up at CCRA between 10 and 11am on the 14th, and you will be given the odo check instructions, and sent on your way. If fewer than 5 cars sign up for this option, it will be cancelled via email.
On public roads, always at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
Those preregistered will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
See the rally flier at http://texasscca.org/rallytime/rally-events--results .
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 50,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
A road rally is not a contest of speed or racing. The challenge is to ascertain a route that visits 12 or so pre-selected locations in the shortest distance. Then drive that route at legal speeds and get to the finish within an alloted time.
This is the third event in the 2014
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rallytime
This rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship.
Sanction Number 2012-RG-41-05.