Clear Blue Sky Rally
SCCA - Texas Region - RoadRally
Registration closed August 19, 2016 6:00 PM on August 19, 2016 6:00 PM CDT Registration ends August 19, 2016 6:00 PM on August 19, 2016 6:00 PM CDT Registration opens July 1, 2016 9:00 AM on July 1, 2016 9:00 AM CDT Registration runs from July 1, 2016 9:00 AM to August 19, 2016 6:00 PM
CLEAR BLUE SKY
AN SCCA NATIONAL ROAD RALLY
Saturday, August 20, 2016
The 2016 Clear Blue Sky Rally starts and ends in McKinney, TX. You will take about a 125-mile drive on the beautiful paved roads of Collin County. This will be a SCCA Course Rally which means we will present you with opportunities to misapply the rules and perhaps take scenic off-course loops. We will ask you questions about what you did or saw. And have some imaginative questions you will answer from signs as you drive. We will score you on how well you answer questions and follow the proper course. High scoring cars will win trophies.
Presenting a National road rally means that top cars get double points in the race for the National GTA Rally Championship. Attention out-of-Region entrants: the "Master" class is for the most experienced rallyists, and does not provide trophies. This class is optional. Attention local entrants: here is your chance to win double points towards a national trophy. Two members of our rally competitor group have done so in years past.
- The start location will be at Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney, 700 S Central Expy (US 75), McKinney, TX 75070. Take the Virginia exit off Central Expy, Exit 40A.
- Onsite registration opens at 8:00am, and closes at 8:45am. Safety briefing (mandatory for all first-timers) will be about 9:00am. Route instructions will be given out in car number order starting about 9:16am. Each car will leave the start no sooner than 9:30am plus your car number.
- Note: it would be wise to have a central clipboard mounted so that the driver can see the route instructions, for use at certain intersections. See the General Instructions.
- General Instructions will be emailed to all who preregister about a week before the event. Preregistration is at msreg.com/CBS16msr.
- Scoring will be partly based on finding certain signs, as usual, and partly on how you navigate through certain special intersections. See the General Instructions.
- Lunch will be on your own anytime during mid-day. Suggestions will be made.
- The finish location is Rockfish Seafood Grill, 2780 S Central Expy, McKinney, TX 75070. This is on the northwest corner of Eldorado and S. Central Expy.
- Any four-wheel, street legal vehicle with two people who are old enough to read is eligible to enter.
- Entry fee: $25.00. SCCA members get a $5.00 discount. Preregistration here at MotorsportReg.com gets you the event rules early.
This will be the fourth event in the 2015 Texas Region SCCA Championship Road Rally Series. For more information on the Road Rally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
This rally is sanctioned as a National Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA Road Rally Championship. Sanction Number 2016-NG-41-04.