BMWCCA Texas Trifecta 2015
Registration closed March 18, 2015 12:00 PM on March 18, 2015 12:00 PM CDT Registration ends March 18, 2015 12:00 PM on March 18, 2015 12:00 PM CDT Registration opens October 26, 2014 10:00 AM on October 26, 2014 10:00 AM CDT Registration runs from October 26, 2014 10:00 AM to March 18, 2015 12:00 PM
The 2015 / Third Annual BMWCCA Texas Trifecta
Friday, March 20th – Sunday, March 22nd, 2015
Circuit of the Americas – Austin, TX
CONVERTIBLE DRIVERS - Please pay particular attention to the convertible rules below!
The Lone Star, Tejas, and Houston Chapters of the BMWCCA proudly present the third annual Texas Trifecta at the Circuit of the Americas Formula 1 track in Austin, TX. This High Performance Driving School will give you the opportunity to drive your car at speed and to experience the potential of the unique combination of car and driver. It is safe, demanding and most importantly FUN! All students will alternate between classroom sessions and time on the track with an instructor. The individualized instruction is a key to this program that has been developed over decades, and compares very favorably with commercial schools costing many times more. Our experienced instructors have come from racing, autocrossing and BMWCCA schools.
The Texas Trifecta will consist of:
High Performance Driver's Education School (HPDE)
We will also be holding an Autocross (points-paying event for Houston Chapter members). You can register for the autocross during TIER 1, TIER 2 and TIER 3 during your qualified registration period. We are using this site for autocross registration payment collection and will publish an Autocross registration site soon. Look for details and a registration site link to be released after February 25th, 2015. If you want to register for the autocross only, select the option for "driver/student" then select only the autocross option (plus any swag you might want).
- Instructed Novice or Intermediate Students (non-solo) - $375/day
- Solo/Advanced and Advanced+ Students - $350/day
- Instructors (all three days) - $250
- BMWCCA Club Racers - $749
- Garage Spaces (in the Formula 1 garages w/ bathrooms) - $85/space per day
- Autocross - $55 (registration fee payment now available)
02/23/2015 NOTE: As of this morning our NOVICE (D) Run Group for Friday is sold out.
The Intermediate (B) run group has a few new openings available on all three days and we still have quite a few openings in the ADVANCED (B) and ADVANCE+ (A) groups on all three days. Tell your friends!
02/12/2015 NOTE: Garages are SOLD OUT for Saturday and Sunday, and a few spaces remain for Friday. We are now maintaining a MANUAL WAITLIST for garage spaces to avoid putting your whole registration in "waitlist" status because of a request for a garage space. To get onto the garage waiting list, send an email request to the Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be put on the waiting list for the desired (unavailable) days. As/if spaces become available, the list will be processed in the order the requests have been received. If Friday is available when you register and you also want a garage for Friday, be sure to add that to your registration, and then send us an email about your desire to be added to the waitlist for Saturday and/or Sunday.
02/05/2015 NOTE: We have opened up a FIRST-EVER NOVICE student group on the Circuit of the Americas track for our Texas Trifecta.
NOVICE/BEGINNER drivers may now register for instructed driving on the big track for Friday, and for the autocross on Saturday if you would like to try autocross too. Don't miss your chance!!!
Registration eligibility is a TIERED SCHEDULE PROCESS - see definitions and the schedule below.
NOTE: All Driver and Instructor registrants MUST be active BMWCCA members, and your membership will be verified by the BMWCCA national office before your registration is complete. If your membership has lapsed, please visit www.bmwcca.org to renew BEFORE completing this event registration. You don't have to drive or own a BMW make vehicle to register - all makes are welcome; however you must be a BMWCCA member to register. The $48 fee more than covers the cost difference between our event and the fees charged by other venues at this facility!
BMWCCA Club Racer (NON STUDENT DRIVERS) Registration Process:
All racers participating in the club racing series at the Texas Trifecta must register at www.BMWCCAClubRacing.com using this link Payment for your racing event and any optional items such as T-Shirts and garage space rentals must be made on this site. Cancellations must be done by emailing the registrar at LSC.BMWCCA.Registrar@gmail.com and the club race coordinator - Bruce Heersink. Cancellations received before the cancellation date (February 21st, 2015 at 11:59 PM) will be charged $100.00 per driver - no exceptions. Our event policy is that there are absolutely NO refunds for cancellations requested after February 21st, 2015.
Texas Trifecta Driver School Registration Process:
Convertibles (both soft and folding hardtop models), cars with removable tops, trucks, pickups, vans and SUVs are not permitted at this Driving School. Lotus Elise and Corvettes with a targa roof are allowed, but Corvette convertibles are not. SPEC MIATAS and SPEC Boxsters with roll cages are acceptable. The specific reference can be found in Appendix B of the BMW CCA Operations Manual here. Please review the section under the DRIVING EVENT MINIMUM STANDARDS COMPLIANCE ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURES which begins on page 142 of the PDF file.
- TIER 1 - Candidates must be pre-approved by one of the 3 sponsoring chapters. Generally TIER 1 eligible drivers have participated in local BMWCCA motorsports events (with one or more of the 3 Texas Chapters, or the 2014 No Excuses Event) within the past year, or attended 2014 Texas Trifecta. TIER 1 candidates will receive a registration invitation email.
- TIER 2 - Registration is for all (experienced/qualified) members of the 3 sponsoring BMWCCA Texas chapters who were not on the TIER 1 eligibility list, and were already members of those chapters 30 DAYS PRIOR TO REGISTRATION OPENING
TIER 2 eligible members will receive an invitation to register by email.
- TIER 3 - Open registration for any other (experienced/qualified) BMWCCA members not included in TIER 1 or TIER 2 and have not received an email invitation.â€‹â€‹
All drivers and all makes of cars are welcome to register (convertible rules still apply). All paid drivers must have an active BMWCCA membership.
TIER 1 Registration: Opens Sunday, October 26th at 10:00 AM and closes on Sunday, November 30th at 11:59 PM (Midnight) [CLOSED]
- TIER 1 Candidates must be pre-approved by one of the 3 sponsoring chapters. Generally TIER 1 eligible drivers have participated in local BMWCCA motorsports events within the past year, or attended 2014 Texas Trifecta. TIER 1 candidates will receive a registration invitation email.
- We maintain a listing of all drivers who are TIER 1 eligible. This will include members who attended the 2014 Texas Trifecta and/or 2014 motorsports events sponsored by the Lone Star Chapter, Tejas Chapter or Houston Chapters of the BMWCCA. If you do not specifically receive a TIER 1 registration email from us, and you attempt to register in TIER 1, your registration may, and most likely will, be invalidated; and you may only be allowed to re-register in the TIER 3 registration openings
- TIER 1 registrations are limited to SATURDAY + SUNDAY, and FRIDAY is available only as an add-on day. No other combinations of days or single day options will be available until TIER 3.
TIER 1 Registration: steps for you to follow:
- Complete on-line registration process here at http://www.MotorsportReg.com
- Registration is NOT complete and we will not confirm until we have verified your TIER eligibility, you are approved by our Chief Driving Instructor (CDI) and we have received your payment and it has cleared.
TIER 1 Registration: communication stages from the Registrar to you:
Upon completion of the MotorsportReg.com registration process you will receive an email from the Registrar confirming the receipt of your registration.
TIER 2 Registration: Opens Monday, December 1st at 8:00 AM through Sunday, January 4th at 11:59 PM [CLOSED]
- TIER 2 registration is for all (experienced/qualified) members of the 3 sponsoring BMWCCA Texas chapters who were not on the TIER 1 eligibility list, and were already members of those chapters 30 DAYS PRIOR TO REGISTRATION OPENING. Drivers must have the required experience before registering or their registrations will be invalidated.
- TIER 2 eligible members will receive an invitation to register by email. If you did not receive an invitation, and have just joined the BMWCCA for the first time, please wait for TIER 3 to open.
- Same registration steps apply as for TIER 1 Registrations
- TIER 2 registrations are limited to SATURDAY + SUNDAY, and FRIDAY is available only as an add-on day. No other combinations of days or single day options will be available until TIER 3.
TIER 3 Registration opens Monday, January 5th at 08:00 AM. Registration closes Monday, March 9th, 2015 at 11:59 pm: [OPEN]
- TIER 3 is open registration for all qualified BMWCCA members from any chapter across the nation.
- Same registration steps apply as for TIER 1 and TIER 2 Registrations. Drivers must have the required experience before registering or their registrations will be invalidated.
- TIER 3 registrations will offer ala carte selection of days so you can pick single days or a preferred combination of days. Choices will be subject to availability of spots in each run group for that day. Any wait listed registrations will be processed in the order of date/time of registration and waitlist entries.
TIER 1 and TIER 2 Eligibility: Drivers who are eligible for TIER 1 or TIER 2 registration will receive email invitations. These drivers are drawn from those who have supported us by participating in BMWCCA Texas Region Driving schools within the past year and members of the three Texas Region BMWCCA chapters with memberships that existed prior to the TIER 2 invitation email. General Registration for all others does not open until TIER 3. If you do not receive an invitation to register in TIER 1 or TIER 2 and you attempt to register before TIER 3 opens, your registration may, and most likely will, be invalidated.
Event Fees (TIER 1 and TIER 2)
- HPDE (Saturday and Sunday) - you may chose two days (Saturday + Sunday) with an optional third day (Friday) - option costs depend on the offerings at each driver level (see below)
- TIER 1 & 2 entries/registration options will be only two-day packages (Saturday + Sunday). Friday will be available as an optional third day. There will not be any single day, or Friday + Saturday options during TIER 1 or TIER 2 registration periods.
- Single-day (ala carte) registrations for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will not be offered until Tier 3 registration opens. WE WILL NOT reduce registrations made for SATURDAY and SUNDAY during TIER 1 or TIER 2 to single-day options as long as TIER 1 or TIER 2 registrations are open and there are student vacancies. Requests to reduce a weekend package to a single-day Saturday or single-day Sunday will not be considered until TIER 3 opens on January 5th. Please be fair to other potential drivers, DO NOT register for a SAT+SUN package during TIER 1 or TIER 2 with the intent of dropping one of the days later. We will be announcing and charging a cancellation fee to drivers who reduce the days they initially register for.
- Instructor registrations are $250 for all three days of the event. We are only accepting instructors who have several years of instructing experience and prefer those with BMWCCA and/or PCA instructional experience.
Student and Instructor classing / run groups:
Students are assigned to one of four run groups [NOVICE/BEGINNER (Group-D), INTERMEDIATE/Instructed (Group-C), ADVANCED/Solo (Group-B), or ADVANCED+ (Group-A)] commensurate with their experience. Please select the run group that you have your most recent documented and verifiable experience in, and be sure to update your driving history in your MotorsportReg.com profile.
NOVICE/BEGINNER (Group-D) instructed run groups have less than 6 days (or none at all) on a road course driver school. You will be provided with a highly experienced driving instructor, and may register for Friday-only in the NOVICE (D) group.
INTERMEDIATE (Group-C) Instructed run groups have previously been promoted to the intermediate level and will have an instructor for this event.
ADVANCED/Solo (Group-B) drivers are considered advanced level drivers with considerably more experience than intermediate level drivers and have been driving solo in Advanced groups for several recent events. At a minimum these drivers will have a check ride with an instructor
ADVANCED+ (Group-A) run group is for VERY ADVANCED level drivers with significant solo experience and who have been driving in the advanced level groups for several years, or have substantial documented racing experience. In most cases these drivers have attended a previous Texas Trifecta event, or are know to the BMWCCA instructor cadre as very advanced drivers.
The event CDI reserves the right to review your driving history and reassign your run group based on his review of your history. Instructor supervision is required at all times while you are on the track. Helmet intercoms are used between the student and instructor to facilitate communication. Intermediate level (Group-C) drivers for this event should have completed at least 3-6 multi-day HPDEs prior to this event (6-12 days on track) and should be Intermediate Level qualified with another in-car instructed event at a minimum, but do not need to have been solo-ed.
Instructors will likely be divided into two groups for their sessions on the track.
Questions about this event: Contact our Event Chair - Steve Hodges at email@example.com
Garage Rentals: We will offering garage/space rentals if you are interested in having a covered garage to park your car in and keep your gear during the event. Details and garage rental reservations will be announced on this site and by email to those who register before the garage registrations open. Garage rental fees must be paid at the time of registration. There are a maximum 92 spaces available in the Formula 1 garages (with bathrooms) per day.
Unfortunately the annual SXSX Music Festival week coincides with our event and hotel rooms may be scarce. It's highly recommended that you book your room early!!!
We had a couple of host hotels for this event. Most if not all rooms were sold out as of Thanksgiving.
Thursday, March 19th: 10 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Bastrop and 20 rooms at the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown.
Friday, March 20th: 20 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Bastrop and 40 rooms at the Holiday inn Austin Midtown.
Saturday, March 21st: 20 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Bastrop and 40 rooms at the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown.
The room rate for either location is $119.00 per night.
Contact info for Holiday Inn Bastrop:
Reservations 512-321-1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Code: BMW
Group Name: Texas Trifecta
Contact Info for Holiday Inn Austin Midtown:
Reservations 512-451-5757 or 888-300-6273
Group Code: BMW
Group Name: Texas Trifecta
The rooms will be held until 2/26/15. After that they are available to the general public.
Cancellation Details: Cancellations must be done by emailing the registrar at LSC.BMWCCA.Registrar@gmail.com. Cancellations received before the cancellation date (February 21st, 2015 at 11:59 PM) will be charged $100.00 per driver - no exceptions. Garage cancellations will be subject to a cancellation fee of $25/space/day before February 22nd, 2015. Our event policy is that there are absolutely NO refunds for cancellations requested after February 21st, 2015.
This event is the largest we put on each year. It takes a lot of people to make this event happen and run as smoothly as it did in June of 2013 and March of 2014. If you, or someone you know, is interested in helping us out with this event, as a volunteer, who would be excited and genuinely thankful for the assistance. We can always use help with registration, paddock and corner worker support (water and ice), info booth etc. over the three days of this event. Please watch our general information website at http://texastrifecta.com for more information.