BMWCCA-GGC Autocross Fun Run - 10/02/16
Registration closed September 28, 2016 12:00 PM on September 28, 2016 12:00 PM PDT Registration ends September 28, 2016 12:00 PM on September 28, 2016 12:00 PM PDT Registration opens September 15, 2016 12:00 PM on September 15, 2016 12:00 PM PDT Registration runs from September 15, 2016 12:00 PM to September 28, 2016 12:00 PM
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for Autocross Fun Run at Crows Landing on Sunday October 2, 2016.
Photo credit: Dennis Bronnikov
HOW TO SIGN UP
Visit the GGC Classification System to verify your existing classification, or to select a driver number and classify your car for your first 2016 event with us. Motorsportreg (MSR) is not connected to the GGC classification system. The GGC system is the keeper of the unique driver numbers and car data and every driver must have their own account, driver number, and car classification from the separate GGC system. As a convenience we maintain your permanent number in MSR, but you must first claim one from the GGC system.
Access the online classification system here: http://www.ggcbmwcca.org/autocross/
Classification system FAQ here: http://ggcbmwcca.org/driving-events/autocross/autocross-classification-system-faq/
WARNING: If you fail to complete this step before you register, you will be placed on hold until you do. We will not process your payment until we can verify your driver number and car classification and your spot is not guaranteed until we process your payment. If you do not classify before registration closes, or before it sells out, your registration will be cancelled.
Read ALL of the content in this event listing to make sure you understand the event requirements, including: event location, driver numbers/classifications, waivers, membership requirements, payments, cancellation policy, tech inspection checklist, timeline, helmet requirements, waitlist, and guest policy. Additional information will be provided in the confirmation e-mail you receive after signing up and even more will be sent after registration closes.
If you're not an active member of BMWCCA, you will need to join or renew your membership. BMWCCA membership is required to participate. We prefer you do this yourself at bmwcca.org, but if you like, you may tick the box later in the sign-up process and we'll take your money and pass it along to BMWCCA National on your behalf. Please make sure you understand the cancellation/refund policy described on the next page.
We will charge your credit card to hold your spot. We see a fair amount of "declined by your bank" transactions each month, so please be certain your billing information is current. If we cannot charge you, we cannot guarantee a spot for you at this event.
NOTE: We do not accept on-site signups. If you show up at the event without being registered here, you will not be allowed to participate.
- LUNCH IS OPTIONAL. If you want us to order you a lunch, be sure to make your selection on the registration page.
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only. No one will be permitted entry to the site after 08:15am.
- Snell 2005 or newer certified helmets (M or SA) are required for all GGC autocross events. Check the sticker inside your helmet and make sure it is valid. We have a small number of loaners available if you need to borrow a helmet - no charge.
- All cars are welcome including stock convertibles - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate, however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Tech inspections will start around 7:30am. Registration will be open from 7:30-8:15am. A mandatory driver/guest meeting will start PROMPTLY at 8:30am. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY!!! First car out around 9:30am.
- DRONES or anything resembling a drone ARE NOT permitted at any GGC Autocross event. Do not bring one, do not ask to fly one.
- GGC Autocross Policies, Procedures, and Rules: http://ggcbmwcca.org/forums/topic/2016-autocross-season-policies-procedures-and-rules/
Join us for a Fun Run event at Crows Landing Airport. This is a non-compete event, but we will have the timing system up and running, so we want everyone to make sure they have a unique driver number created in our separate classification system. This is important to keep the earth rotating on its axis.
We do not require previous high performance driver training or experience, but completion of one of our Car Control Clinics or similar training is highly recommended. First timers and inexperienced autorcrossers are welcome at this event. Because this is a fun-run event, we will not have our full compliment of coaches available, but we will do our best to provide in-car coaching to all who want it.
No special car preparation is needed, in fact, we recommend you bring the car you drive on a daily basis. Doing so will give you a greater appreciation for your car's capabilities and improve your driving skills in the process.
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMWs and MINI. Unlike some other clubs, we don't limit registrations from other marques. Everyone has the same chance of getting in! You're likely to see a sprinkling of vehicles from Porsche, Mazda, Honda, Lexus, Lotus, even Aston Martin and Corvette!
Click the button below and get signed up!
Questions? Please write us.