BMWCCA-GGC Autocross Course Rewind - 12/06/14
Registration closed December 3, 2014 12:00 PM on December 3, 2014 12:00 PM PST Registration ends December 3, 2014 12:00 PM on December 3, 2014 12:00 PM PST Registration opens November 10, 2014 12:00 AM on November 10, 2014 12:00 AM PST Registration runs from November 10, 2014 12:00 AM to December 3, 2014 12:00 PM
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for a Course Rewind Autocross event at Marina Airport on Saturday December 6, 2014.
- LUNCH IS OPTIONAL. If you want us to order you a sandwich, be sure to make your selection on the registration page.
- NO ON-SITE OR LATE SIGN-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only. No one will be permitted entry to the site after 08:45am.
- Snell 2005 or 2010 certified helmets (M or SA) are required for all GGC autocross events. Check the sticker inside your helmet and make sure it is valid. If this is your first 2014 event with GGC, or you do not have a "GGC 2014" inspection sticker, we will need to inspect and sticker your helmet at check-in. We have a small number of loaners available if you need to borrow a helmet - no charge.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate, however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Tech inspections will start around 7:30am. Registration will be open from 8-8:45am. A mandatory driver/guest meeting will start at 9am, followed by a course walk. First car out around 9:45am.
We had so much fun driving in the rain at TDS, we want to try to do it again before 2014 comes to a close. Join us for our annual Course Rewind event at Marina Airport a month early. This is a fun-run style event where we bring back a favorite course from the previous season and run it again! This is a non-compete event, but we will have the timing system up and running.
The GGC autocross team chose June's course as our favorite already, no need to vote.
We do not require previous high performance driver training or experience, but completion of one of our Car Control Clinics or similar training is highly recommended. First timers and inexperienced autorcrossers are welcome at this event. Because this is a fun-run event, we will not have our full compliment of coaches available, but we will do our best to provide in-car coaching to all who want it.
No special car preparation is needed, in fact, we recommend you bring the car you drive on a daily basis. Doing so will give you a greater appreciation for your car's capabilities and improve your driving skills in the process.
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMWs and MINI. Unlike some other clubs, we don't limit registrations from other marques. Everyone has the same chance of getting in! You're likely to see a sprinkling of vehicles from Porsche, Mazda, Honda, Lexus, Lotus, even Aston Martin and Corvette!
Click the button below and get signed up!
Questions? Please write us.