BMWCCA-GGC Autocross #4 - 05/23/15
Registration closed May 20, 2015 12:00 PM on May 20, 2015 12:00 PM PDT Registration ends May 20, 2015 12:00 PM on May 20, 2015 12:00 PM PDT Registration opens April 20, 2015 12:00 AM on April 20, 2015 12:00 AM PDT Registration runs from April 20, 2015 12:00 AM to May 20, 2015 12:00 PM
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for Autocross #4 at Marina Airport on Saturday May 23, 2015.
Photo credit: Dennis Bronnikov
- Every DRIVER participating in this event must be classifed in our online classification system! DO NOT CONTINUE WITH REGISTRATION IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THIS STEP! Access the online classification system here: http://www.ggcbmwcca.org/autocross/
Classification system FAQ here: http://ggcbmwcca.org/driving-events/autocross/autocross-classification-system-faq/ If you have any issues accessing the classification system, or ggcbmwcca.org, please contact email@example.com.
- YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF BMWCCA TO SIGN-UP FOR THIS EVENT. If you are not, you may join during registration or join yourself at bmwcca.org.
- LUNCH IS OPTIONAL. If you want us to order you a sandwich, be sure to make your selection on the registration page.
- NO ON-SITE OR LATE SIGN-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only. No one will be permitted entry to the site after 08:45am.
- ONLY Snell 2005 or 2010 certified helmets (M or SA) are required for all GGC autocross events. Check the sticker inside your helmet and make sure it is valid. We have a small number of loaners available if you need to borrow a helmet - no charge.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate, however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Tech inspections will start around 7:30am. Registration will be open from 8-8:45am. A mandatory driver/guest meeting will start at 9am, followed by a course walk. First car out around 9:45am.
- DRONES or anything resembling a drone ARE NOT permitted at any GGC Autocross event. Do not bring one, do not ask to fly one.
Our autocrosses are a competitive environment where a cone track is setup in a big parking lot or airfield. We put cars into classes based on a formula (considering weight, torque, modifications, and several other factors), and drivers compete against other cars within their class. Though there is an element of risk, hazards to participants and property are not expected to exceed those encountered in normal, legal highway driving. Due to the length of our courses we allow only one to two cars on the course at any one time (opposite sides). Cars race against the clock, not side-by-side.
We do not require previous high performance driver training or experience, but participation in a Car Control Clinic or similar training is highly recommended. First timers and inexperienced autorcrossers will be assigned a driver coach to ensure they get the most out of their autocross day.
No special car preparation is needed, in fact, we recommend you bring the car you drive on a daily basis. Doing so will give you a greater appreciation for your car's capabilities and improve your driving skills in the process.
Car classes are split into three run groups. Participants drive one session, work one session and have the other session off. Every participant (except those 65 or older) is given a work assignment which may include: course workers, trailer workers, start, finish, and grid positions, or driver coaches.
Generally, drivers will get 6-7 runs per event. Your first run is a practice run. Successive runs are official and your fastest timed run is your fastest run of the day. Downing cones results in the addition of one second to your time for each cone hit - hitting cones is bad for your times! Often we have time available at the end of the day for "fun runs" which are unofficial post-competition timed runs. During fun runs you may drive your own car or swap cars with friends... it's a good opportunity to beat your buddy's best time in his car!
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMWs and MINI. Unlike some other clubs, we don't limit registrations from other marques. Everyone has the same chance of getting in! You're likely to see a sprinkling of vehicles from Porsche, Mazda, Honda, Lexus, Lotus, even Aston Martin and Corvette!
Click the button below to get signed up! Our events have been selling out quickly, so get signed up early. We can accept a maximum of 100 drivers.
Questions? Please write us.