BARC Canadian Touring Trophy
Registration closed July 31, 2016 11:59 PM on July 31, 2016 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends July 31, 2016 11:59 PM on July 31, 2016 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens June 24, 2016 12:00 AM on June 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from June 24, 2016 12:00 AM to July 31, 2016 11:59 PM
Registration is now open for BARC’s Canadian Touring Trophy Races, the third event in the 2016 CASC-OR Race Ontario Championship!
This event will be held on July 30-31, 2016 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. Online registration is open and can be accessed from this link.
The event will have races for ALL CASC-OR race classes / groups, and features a special event, a round in the North American Radical Cup.
Some things for your consideration when it comes to deciding to enter the event
- This is the final event in which competitors from the first event of the season can use their 100 Reasons To Race $100 credit – there are more than fifty of you who haven’t taken advantage of this yet!
- Remember too that there is a Returning Racer Program in place for 2016 where someone who has raced but more than three years ago can enter for $100 – contact Ted Michalos for approval
- To give you something to do with your $100 credit, and to drive participation in the GT Challenge event, we are offering all sprint entries the opportunity to enter the GT Challenge One Hour race for $100! This applies to everyone – if you enter an open wheel class and have a car eligible to run in the GT Challenge race, $100 gets you on the grid. Remember that you can share a car between drivers in GT Challenge!
- GT Challenge entries may choose to enter the sprint class races for the same $100 charge!
- GT Sprints qualifying will be split even though the races will be combined
- Despite the packed event schedule (we will be starting at 8:30 in the morning and plan to be running until around 6:00 PM each day) we are stating right up front that we will not run behind the pace car and let the racing time tick away – if we foresee a lengthy cleanup from an early incident we’ll stop the race and the clock so competitors get the racing they came for.
Here are links to the provisional schedule and the supplementary regulations for the event.
As everyone is likely aware, BARC suffered substantial losses on the running of last years events (to the tune of $20,000).
We’re not looking for charity – but we are looking to recover that loss, bit by bit, by providing you with an event that offers you excellent value and good reason to come out in numbers – we hope you’ll join us for a fun weekend of racing!