Autocross #1 - Schaumburg, Boomer Field (Sat.)
Registration closed June 23, 2016 11:59 PM on June 23, 2016 11:59 PM CDT Registration ends June 23, 2016 11:59 PM on June 23, 2016 11:59 PM CDT Registration opens April 19, 2016 12:00 AM on April 19, 2016 12:00 AM CDT Registration runs from April 19, 2016 12:00 AM to June 23, 2016 11:59 PM
Member Autocross Fee: $35 ($40 CASH day of event)
Non-Member Autocross Fee: $45 ($50 CASH day of event) Walk-up accepted and welcomed.
Autocross Event Schedule —
7:45 - 9:00am Registration
8:00 - 9:15am Course Open for Walking
9:30 am Mandatory Driver's Meeting
10:00 am First Car on Course
~4:00pm Trophy Presentation
1. You must be a least 18 years old, have a valid drivers license from your state of residence.
2. NO alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs will be tolerated. This applies to competitors, crew, and guests anywhere on site. Violators will be disqualified without refund.
3. You are expected to help work the course during the event, If you do not work the event you must bring/ find a replacement (unless the event chair has stated otherwise).
4. DOT approved helmets required. No donor helmets will be available.
5. Mufflers are required.
6. Speed limit on site (off the course) is 10 MPH.
7. Competitors are responsible for their crew and guests. Please do not litter.
8. SCCA Solo Il rules and classes will apply. 3-car minimum to form a trophy class. All classes with less than 3 cars SCCA PAX/RTP Index. Trophies awarded to approximately the top 1/3 of each class. It are combined and run on is highly recommended that you know what class your car is in before registration (SCCA Solo Il classifications are used).
9. Running numbers will be assigned at registration. Use 6" or taller magnetic or adhesive numbers advised. The use of wide tape of contrasting color to the car is permitted to make temporary visible numbers.
10. Your car must be in safe running condition, and have working seat belts. You are completely responsible for the safe condition of your car. All tires must have visible tread over the full diameter. Street tires must be run at OEM recommended pressures or higher. You will not be allowed to compete on bent or damaged rims. Batteries must be firmly secured with the positive post insulated. Self tech checklist must be signed by entrant.
11. Remove all loose items out of your car before you compete.
12. Please remove driver's side floor mats or carpet that infer with operation of brake and gas pedals.
13. Pay attention to the starter and course workers. If anything looks unsafe on course, STOP! You'll get a re-run.
14. This event will be run rain Or shine, albeit more slowly if the former.
15. Reckless behavior will automatically disqualify you from the event. You and your crew will be asked to leave.
16. All children MUST be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
17. Only entrants and event workers are allowed to entry "Active" course area. Guests and Minor must Stay within parking and approved viewing area of event site.
HAVE QUESTIONS? PLEASE ASK! We are here to make the event enjoyable and SAFE for everyone.
What to bring with you to autocross? Here suggested checklist.
- Your drivers license, money CASH or CHECK
- Helmet (DOT or SNELL approved, less 10 years old)
- Comfortable closed toed shoes for driving / working the course.
- Pad and pencil (to draw course map and write down advice)
- Numbers and class markings (magnets or decals or tape) .
- Clean Towels .Sunglasses , Sunscreen .Extra clothes, hat, rain gear, umbrella .
- Garbage bags (to cover things if it rains) .Folding chair .
- Thermos Of water or Other non alcoholic beverage Gatorade Cooler with lunch and/or snacks .
- Tire pressure gauge, Portable Jack, Torque Wrench 'Tools in case you need to repair something .
- Portable air tank or compressor .Chalk or white shoe polish to mark your tires 'Windex and paper towels .
- Work gloves .Tape (duct tape, electrical, painters)