ARPCA / EBR Autocross event #2 at Pitt Race
Registration closed August 8, 2014 11:59 PM on August 8, 2014 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends August 8, 2014 11:59 PM on August 8, 2014 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens February 15, 2014 12:00 AM on February 15, 2014 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from February 15, 2014 12:00 AM to August 8, 2014 11:59 PM
This year ARPCA and Eastern Buckeye Region are teaming up for an autocross event at Pitt Race
Autocross (AX) will give you the opportunity to test yourself and develop your own skill set, as well as learn the limits of your vehicle in a safe and controlled environment. All events are based around a course made of traffic cones and each lap timed for each driver. AX seldom exceeds speeds of 60 mph and has no “wheel to wheel” competition.
Autocross event #2 will take place at the same time as the PittRace DE this year. We will offer a Tour of the Track at lunch on Sunday. Autocrossers will have the opportunity to take their cars onto the track for a parade drive to learn what a DE is like. Tracks speeds will be at highway speeds. DE students will have the opportunity to run on the AX course to test their ability as well. This event promises to be very exciting and a great opportunity for Autocrossers and DE students to see what the other experiences.
AX is a great entry-level competitive driving event that requires little car prep, time or money. Beginners are welcome and there are no pre-requisites other than a vehicle in safe working condition. Before each event begins there is a guided Course Walk that takes you step by step through the driving line and explains how to navigate through the cones. This is especially helpful for first-timers and those that want a second perspective.
While the size of the field will determine the number of runs which occur last year we averaged 4 - 6 runs in both the morning and afternoon.
The full 2014 AX Season includes:
- Sunday, May 25th at Pitt Race
- SaturdayJuly 12 OR Sunday July 13 PVGP Autocross School - Hosted by Steel Cities SCCA
- Sunday, August 10 at PittRace
- Saturday and/or Sunday October 11-12 at PittRace - Wounded Warrior Benefit AX
- Saturday October 19 at Greensburg/JeanetteRegional Airport
- PCA Member: $30 per driver.
- Non-member: $40 per driver.
- On-site registration is $40.
- Gates open 8am
- Open Course walk 8:15-9:30
- Registration begins 8-9:15
- Tech 8:30-9:30
- Guided course walk 9:30
- Drivers meeting 9:45
- First Car off 10:00
- Number of runs will be determined by number of participants – There will at least be 4 runs per driver in the AM and 4 in the PM session
If multiple drives in one car must register separately!