ARPCA 2016 PVGP - Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
PCA - Allegheny
Registration closed July 14, 2016 11:59 PM on July 14, 2016 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends July 14, 2016 11:59 PM on July 14, 2016 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens March 1, 2016 12:00 AM on March 1, 2016 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from March 1, 2016 12:00 AM to July 14, 2016 11:59 PM
Attend one of the most spectacular vintage races in the world – and party ARPCA style!
The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, now in its 34th year, is the largest event of the year for Allegheny Region. Come join hundreds of your fellow Club members, guests from other PCA Regions, and friends as we again gather on the lawn at Schenley Park to enjoy our cars, races, and above all, the camaraderie that has grown over the years. Whether this is your first PVGP weekend or your 34th, now is the time to register and get this event on your calendar.
The PVGP takes place in scenic Schenley Park in the heart of Pittsburgh. This is one of two vintage races run on public streets in the world (the other race of course being Monaco). It is also our largest fundraiser of the year – proceeds are donated through the PVGP to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School ($400,000 raised in 2015!!).
This year promises to be the best yet, with nothing but sunshine predicted for the ENTIRE weekend! We will bring back the hugely successful Top 10 People’s Choice Concours, which is open to all registered Porsches. We are also holding a special fundraiser this year: for a donation, your Porsche will be included in a custom PVGP painting by local Pittsburgh artist Linda Barnicott. The top seven donors will receive the first seven signed and numbered prints with their donation. A limited number of signed and number prints will also be available for sale. For more information on this unique fundraiser, click here.
Our several sponsors have donated many desirable items for the silent auction, including TWO FREE PASSES to the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta!
Highlights of this three day weekend include:
Friday, July 15:
- Pre-PVGP Glacier Tour/Rally, Sponsored by The Sewickley Car Store
Returning by popular demand, the Jay Malobicky designed Glacier Tour road rally which will start and conclude at the site of our annual PVGP Welcome and Kick-Off Party, the Doublewide Grill in Mars, PA. Mandatory Drivers meeting at 1:45 pm. First car off at 2:00 pm. Start your PVGP weekend experience off right by registering for this very popular event and plan to party afterward with fellow Porsche owners at the Doublewide Grill. You really don't want to miss this event. For more information about the Glacier Tour/Rally, contact Jay Malobicky (email@example.com).
- Fourth annual PVGP welcome party sponsored by Porsche Cars North America at the Doublewide Grill in Mars, PA. Allegheny Region is hosting a kick-off party to welcome the many out-of-town Porsche Club members traveling from all across the northeast, midwest and Canada to participate in the PVGP weekend. This is the fourth year for this growing event and it has now evolved into the annual PVGP Kick-Off Party. The Doublewide Grill is located near the host hotel just north of Pittsburgh. Sponsored this year by PORSCHE, lets show everyone how to party Pittsburgh Porsche style by surrounding the Doublewide with an impressive display of Porsche's. There is even talk that Porsche may bring something special for all to see. All Porsche owners are invited to attend this ever growing annual event. The festivities will begin at 5:00 pm as the road rally cars begin to filter in from the Glacier Tour. Who knows when it will end!
Saturday, July 16:
- International Car Show on the Schenley Park Golf Course – over 2000 cars will be on display encompassing many marques. (PVGP Marque of the Year for 2016 is Jaguar.)
- Catered Tailgate Party starting at 12:00 pm.
- Top 10 People's Choice Concours – open to all PVGP-registered Porsches
- Raffle/Silent Auction for many sponsor provided items including passes to the Porsche Event Center in Atlanta.
- Door prizes
- Vintage Racing Practice and Qualifying – Watch many of our club members participating in the races throughout Schenley Park.
Sunday, July 17:
- Porsche Car Show – Day 2
- Catered Tailgate Party starting at 12:00 pm
- Vintage Car Races – Again, cheer our club members on!
- Friday Glacier Tour Road Rally sponsored by The Sewickley Car Store - $10 Donation per vehicle
- Friday PVGP Welcome and Kickoff Party sponsored by Porsche Cars North America - FREE!
- Saturday-only ($85) includes registration for one vehicle and TWO people, parking in the Porsche corral, eligibility in the Saturday Concours, raffle, silent auction and door prizes, two lunches with unlimited soft beverages, access to ARPCA tents and the race course.
- Sunday-only ($75) includes registration for one vehicle and TWO people, parking in the Porsche corral, two lunches with unlimited soft beverages, access to ARPCA tents and the race course.
- Full Weekend Package ($150) includes registration for one vehicle and TWO people for both Saturday and Sunday, parking in the Porsche corral, two lunches with unlimited soft beverages, eligibility for the Saturday concours, silent auction, raffle and door prizes, access to the ARPCA tents and the race course.
- Additional meal tickets for either day: $20 per person
- The WALK-ON (On-site registration) rate is $85 per day (no weekend discount) and will include parking in the Porsche corral, lunch for two with unlimited soft beverages, eligibility for the raffles and door prizes, access to the ARPCA tents and the race course.
NO DISCOUNTS APPLY TO WALK ON PRICING
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE TIMELY DISCOUNTS.
See you at the races!
Note: Registration closes on July 5, 2016, at 11:59 pm. A limited number of late registrations may be accepted. Email Ed Rice using the above link for any last minute inquiries. Should you register after July 5th, your credit card will be charged immediately.
THIS IS A CHARITABLE EVENT, THEREFORE NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER JULY 5, 2016. Any late registrations processed after July 5, 2016 will be completed at the walk-on rate. Again, the WALK-ON rate is $85 per day (no weekend discount).
Hotel partners for out-of-town guests:
Reservations for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2016/Porsche Club may be made at either hotel by using one of the following methods:
Pittsburgh Marriott North (Cranberry) - 100 Cranberry Woods Dr, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
Call Marriott reservations directly - 1(800)228-9290
- Reference Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2016, Porsche Club or ARPCA
- Call Pittsburgh Marriott North - (724) 772-3700
- Electronic reservation link here: Marriott North ARPCA PVGP
Marriott hotel offering your special rate: Pittsburgh Marriott North – $109.95 USD per night
Start date: 7/14/16 - End date: 7/17/16
Last day to book: 6/30/16
GUARANTEED RESERVATIONS - All Marriott reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. Hotel will not hold any reservations unless secured by one of the above methods.
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh Cranberry - 136 Emeryville Dr, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
Special group rate: $104 USD per night
- Please reference Porsche Club of America
Start date: 7/14/16â€¨- End date: 7/17/16
Last day to book: 6/30/16â€¨
Call - 724 779 7900 ext 3 (reservations) or Click Here to Reserve Hyatt Place