ACNA-NJ 2.5 Mile Double Infield Pocono 2017
Audi Club NA - NJ Chapter
Registration closed May 2, 2017 11:59 PM on May 2, 2017 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends May 2, 2017 11:59 PM on May 2, 2017 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens February 24, 2017 7:00 AM on February 24, 2017 7:00 AM EST Registration runs from February 24, 2017 7:00 AM to May 2, 2017 11:59 PM
ACNA-NJ 2017 Pocono Raceway 2.5 Mile Double Infield Configuration
Non-Audi Club Members: $225.00
Audi Club North America Members: $199.00
Advanced Solo Driver: $185.00
Instructors Registration - Free
This event requires pre-registration.
Location and Configuration
The event will utilize the 2.5 mile Double Infield Course at Pocono Raceway in Longpond, PA.
The 2.5 mile Double Infield configuration is comprised of the North Course, the front straight, Long Pond straight and the South Course. Upon driving down the front straight in the opposite direction of NASCAR, you will enter the Northern Infield (North Course). After completing the northern infield, you will enter back onto the NASCAR Super Speedway just prior to NASCAR Turn 2. You will then proceed down Long Pond Straight where just prior to NASCAR Turn 1 you will brake and enter the South Infield where once completed, you will proceed on to the front straight and pass over the start/finish completing one lap.
The 2.5 mile Double Infield Course provides an exciting, fast, fun and educational way to experience your Audi on a racetrack like no other in the Northeast! A mix of Autobahn and a road course! This layout has long been the desired configuration of many professional and club drivers as it provides a track like no other in the Northeast! The closest would be Daytona International Speedway, Tudor/Rolex configuration.
Participants Will Receive:
- At Speed, In Car On-Track Instructional Driver Education
- Ride-Alongs with Instructors adding to the on-track experience
- Event Photographer
- Professional Flaggers and Station Workers
- Five - 25 minute run groups
- Early Drop off of trailered cars permitted Thursday night
There will be a full service paddock space. Amenities on this circuit include concession buildings, event garages, cafeteria and fuel pumps.
Additional Event Information
Gates open at 7:00am
Morning Tech Inspection - 7:00am to 8:00am
Drivers Meeting - 8:00am
On Track - 8:30am till 6:00pm
- Students will be separated into four groups based on your driving experience. Every student will receive in-car instruction by some of the best HPDE instructors.
- Instructors will be assigned one or two students and will also receive the same amount of time on track as students. Instructors: If you would like to instruct but have not previously instructed with ACNA-NJ, please e-mail our Chief Instructor, Scott at email@example.com with your experience and contact information.
- Helmet Rentals are available for $35. Please reserve your helmet rental during the online event registration process. *Limited quantities available.
- Garage Rentals are available for $25. Please reserve your garage space during the online event registration process. *Additional parking space is provided in the paddock area.
Lessons and skills learned at these events really do transfer to everyday driving, as numerous former students attest to all the time. Many prior students report avoiding accidents thanks to things they learned at these events. Many others report simply enjoying their daily commute more knowing more about themselves and their cars. There really is no better way to improve your skills.
One of the goals upon which the Audi Club North America was founded was the idea that driving skills can and should be improved with practice in a controlled environment. After all, how better to enjoy your car than to be confident that you really know how it will react in all situations? This event will be held at a racetrack due to ample space, no oncoming traffic, plenty of runoff room, and workers before each corner with flags to warn drivers of any upcoming danger. Despite being at a racetrack, the event is not competitive, is not timed, and most certainly is not racing.
Best Western Inn at Blakeslee-Pocono
107 Parkside Ave
Blakeslee, PA 18610
The Village at Pocono
1308 Foyt Road
Blakeslee, PA 18610
Phone: (570) 643-8300
This is not a racing school, nor is it a competitive event. Anyone found timing laps will be removed from the event.
Note: While the event organizers will make every effort to maximize track time, due to the possible track conditions and weather the number of sessions and session length cannot be guaranteed.
For more information about this event please visit: www.acna-nj.org