2017 Race Against Kids' Cancer
Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing-RMVR
Registration closed July 26, 2017 11:59 PM on July 26, 2017 11:59 PM MDT Registration ends July 26, 2017 11:59 PM on July 26, 2017 11:59 PM MDT Registration opens January 26, 2017 12:00 AM on January 26, 2017 12:00 AM MST Registration runs from January 26, 2017 12:00 AM to July 26, 2017 11:59 PM
Zoom To Victory
We are once again excited about the prospect of making a significant impact on the Morgan Adams Foundation (MAF), a great organization dedicated to pediatric cancer research. Over the past six years we’ve raised almost $650,000 for MAF. With everyone’s help, we can add to this total! This year our "Victory" goal is to raise $150,000 to buy a very cool piece of equipment called an “IncuCyte ZOOM” (seems like an appropriately named machine for racers to help buy) and to continue supporting other pediatric cancer research studies. This will help doctors better understand, diagnose, and treat tumors. By participating in the Race Against Kids’ Cancer race weekend, you are directly impacting and improving the lives of children with cancer.
Frank Albert is the Event Chair. Feel free to contact him with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The weekend promises once again to be a premier RMVR event. You won’t want to miss it either as a racer or as a spectator. Main features of the weekend include:
- Our Seventh Annual Race Against Kids’ Cancer to benefit the Morgan Adams Foundation.
- Once again, Formula Ford will be a featured grid. We will be inviting all Formula Fords, both vintage and contemporary, representing almost five decades of this series. We are hoping to top last year's grid of about 40 FFs. It should be a huge grid, representing the evolution of this ever-popular series.
- Another great Poster and T-shirts will be available.
- Prizes will be given to those raising the most money.
- This year each of the weekend Run Groups will be adopting one "MAF Ambassador" (kids currently receiving treatment or kids who are alive because of treatment) to represent their Run Group. There will be team competition to see which Run Group can raise the most money.
- A neat event program. Remember that if you want to have your car's picture in the weekend Race Program, you must email William Taylor a .jpg file and include a note describing the make/model/year of your car. William needs it no later than July 15th. His email is email@example.com.
Especially for our spectators:
- Paid rides in race cars always deserve special mention. On Saturday and Sunday, during the lunch hours, we’ll have rides in some very special race cars with passenger seats which donors may purchase in order to have the ride of a lifetime. These will sell out early since the number of cars available and time on track is limited to the lunch hour. Buy your Ticket to Ride at the track.
- If you are not racing, support MAF and have some fun by signing up for the Rally Against Kids' Cancer! Stay for the dinner party and the band that evening. (Dinner tickets can be purchased at the track on Saturday at the MAF desk.)
- The Morgan Adams Grid Girls+Guys will be back again in 2017! Sign up and make a donation at the races to have a gorgeous grid girl (or guy!) keep you cool under an umbrella while you’re waiting for your start on the grid. With your donation, you will receive a keepsake photograph to share with your family and friends.
- Saturday and Sunday lunch - Lunches for drivers, workers, spouses, guests, and spectators on both Saturday and Sunday are available for purchase from the wonderful new HPR Food Facility next to the Pavilion.
- Saturday Night Dinner/Concert – All the food for the Saturday evening dinner is donated! So ALL your dinner ticket proceeds will benefit MAF. Dinner tickets can be purchased by racers when registering. If you are attending as a spectator and wish to enjoy the Saturday evening dinner and bluegrass/country music concert, please purchase tickets on Saturday in the Paddock at the MAF desk.
This is our premier event for the year. There will not just be incredible racing, the entire weekend's events will help support a worthy cause: funding research on cancer in children! Entrants are encouraged to make a donation when they enter. That donation will not only count towards their personal total, but it will also count towards their Run Group total. .
Attention Workers and Volunteers: If you wish to work this event, CLICK HERE to sign up online