2017 Formula SAE - SCCA volunteers
SCCA - Detroit Region
Registration closed May 9, 2017 11:59 PM on May 9, 2017 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends May 9, 2017 11:59 PM on May 9, 2017 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens February 1, 2017 12:01 AM on February 1, 2017 12:01 AM EST Registration runs from February 1, 2017 12:01 AM to May 9, 2017 11:59 PM
- Transport all equipment to MIS: cones, fire extinguishers, brooms and flags, oil dry, scales, etc.
- Review dynamic areas for safety and traffic flow.
- Assist with setting-up scales, braking & sound test, and fuel station.
- The practice course needs to be set in place.
- Volunteers are also needed for Tech Inspection, which opens at 10:00am.
- Eat (complimentary dinner in the MIS Champion's Club), have spirits, and sleep.
- Students start the competition, attending tech inspection, fuel, scales, brake area, noise, tilt and possibly the practice course.
- ~ 9:00am, we begin setting up the Endurance, Autocross, SkidPad and Acceleration courses and test the timing equipment.
- Tech Inspection volunteers are also needed on Thursday, starting at 10:00am.
- Visit and shmooze with the teams in the paddock area.
- Eat, have spirits, and sleep.
- BUSY DAY!
- Worker safety briefings will be held on-track at 8:30am.
- Starting times: Practice Track-8:00am, Tech Inspection-9:00am, SkidPad-9:00am, Autocross-9:30am, Acceleration-10:00am.
- Lunch break from 12:30-1:30pm.
- Note that NEW this year, the Acceleration, SkidPad and Autocross events run ALL DAY and we need 6+ experienced Solo corner captains as well as an experienced Solo Starter, Timing & course Radio Control.
- F&C Flaggers are needed for on-track safety response for each of the events.
- All events will end at 5:00pm. Then we eat, have spirits, and sleep.
- Endurance begins 9:00am and runs until approximately 5:00pm and we are looking for all Flagging & Communications (F&C) volunteers to staff the track corner stations and assist with scribing.
- Solo personnel will assist with track set-up and also with tow cart duties.
- After the event, a tear-down crew needs to pack up all equipment.
- Join us for comradery at the post-event dinner at a local restaurant.
- Continental Breakfast, Lunch, and afternoon Refreshments will be provided each day.
- Free event Program and Shirt (note that our deadline to submit shirt counts is March 24th).
- Free on-site camping is available.
- Detroit Region members will receive 3 worker points per day and a complimentary gas card.
- Detroit Region members are invited to the free Thursday, Friday & Saturday evening dinners.
Hope to see you there on one or more of these days!