2016 WDC Open Track Day
Registration closed August 17, 2016 12:59 PM on August 17, 2016 12:59 PM EDT Registration ends August 17, 2016 12:59 PM on August 17, 2016 12:59 PM EDT Registration opens January 1, 2016 4:00 AM on January 1, 2016 4:00 AM EST Registration runs from January 1, 2016 4:00 AM to August 17, 2016 12:59 PM
Waterford Hills Presents the 2016 WDC Open Track Day
This is your chance to drive YOUR vehicle on a REAL Road Course!
Our annual "Woodward" track day occurs the day before the famous Dream Cruise. This event welcomes drivers and vehicles from all over the United States. All makes and models are welcome! Waterford Hills is only a few miles from the northern end of Woodward Avenue located in Clarkston, Mi.
Drivers are separated into run groups based on experience. You'll have multiple sessions with plenty of track and cool down time. Our regular drivers love to share their knowledge to help you improve your skills. That, along with the experienced Waterford Hills staff monitoring drivers and conditions make this a Great track day for first timers as well as the hard core High Performance Driving Enthusiasts.
First time? Contact OTD@Waterfordhills.com and ask for the Open Track Day Driver's manual. It's got all the procedures along with tips and tricks for a fun track day!
Feb 12 2016 - New- TrackGuys have agreed to join us and provide professional in-car instruction!
Check them out here: http://www.trackguys.com/ For a small added fee you get a classroom session as well as a dedicated in-car driving instructor! This is a great way to get started in Open Track/High Performance Driving Events.
- Registration $190.00
- Optional TrackGuys dedicated instructor $50.00
*Day of Event:
- On 8/19/2016 $220.00
*Space is limited to 44 drivers - your spot is not reserved until payment is received*
Registration on site will be available for the remaining spots. All spots are first come - first served.
- Waterford Hills Track Pack credits cannot be used for this event.
- This event runs RAIN or SHINE.
This event is approved for track day insurance. Additional vehicle coverage may be purchased through Lockton Affinity Motorsports here: http://locktonmotorsports.com/event/waterford-hills-raceway-wdc-otd/9495
- Events start at 7:00am for registration and tech inspections.
- 9:30am driver's meeting and novice instruction
- Vehicles on course at 10:30am
- Lunch ~12:30
- Track secured at 5:00pm.
How do we make up the run groups?
- We usually have 4 run groups made up of 11 drivers
- Each group is scheduled to get 4 sessions during the day
- Each session will be ~15 to 20 minutes
- Drivers are split up into groups based on experience.
What kind of equipment do I need?
- A vehicle that can pass a basic safety inspection (Contact me about restrictions on convertibles, open wheel, Truck, SUV and Hybrids)
- Recommend using vehicles with manual transmissions
- A SNELL rated helmet that’s 2000 or newer (We have rental helmets available at the track if you don't have one)
- No special tires are required!
I'm new to this!
- Everyone was new at one point!
- We have basic instruction in the morning
- Track day people are Awesome! Pretty much anyone at the track will be happy to help, or come find me and I'll introduce you to an experienced driver
- I've been collecting lots of information and posting it in our forums… check it out here: OTD Primer
- Send me an email and I'll get any other questions answered ASAP! (OTD@WaterfordHills.com)
How do I rank myself for registration?
- I double check your experience levels during the registration process.
- If you have a question, note it in the "Notes to Organizer" on the entry form. I do read them!
- Unsure of your skill level - start out as a Novice (HPDE-1) and email me to tell me what your experience is - we'll get you in the right group!
- Use the table below to help you figure it out:
LICENSED RACE DRIVER.