2016 Race Against Kids' Cancer
Registration closed July 27, 2016 11:59 PM on July 27, 2016 11:59 PM MDT Registration ends July 27, 2016 11:59 PM on July 27, 2016 11:59 PM MDT Registration opens January 26, 2016 12:00 AM on January 26, 2016 12:00 AM MST Registration runs from January 26, 2016 12:00 AM to July 27, 2016 11:59 PM
We are once again excited about the prospect of making a significant impact on the Morgan Adams Foundation (MAF), a great organization dedicated to pediatric cancer research. Over the past five years we’ve raised almost $500,000 for MAF and with everyone’s help, we can add to this total! This year our goal is to raise $150,000.to help doctors better understand, diagnose, and treat tumors. By participating in the Race Against Kids’ Cancer race weekend, you are directly impacting and improving the lives of children with cancer.
Frank Albert is the Event Chair. Feel free to contact him with questions. email@example.com
Remember that if you want to have your car's picture in the weekend Race Program, you must email William Taylor a .jpg file and include a note describing the make/model/year of your car. William will need it no later than July 15th. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The weekend promises once again to be a premier RMVR event. You won’t want to miss it either as a racer or as a spectator. Main features of the weekend include:
- Our Sixth Annual Race Against Kids’ Cancer to benefit the Morgan Adams Foundation.
- Once again, Formula Ford will be the featured grid. We will be inviting Formula Fords representing all four decades, both vintage and contemporary, hoping to top previous year's grids of about 40 FFs. It should be a huge grid showing the evolution of this ever-popular series.
- This year we're inviting BMW and PCA racers with a Competition License to enter the event for the Special BMW/Porsche Shootout. Join the regular RMVR racers of BMWs and Porsches for the weekend-long BMW/Porsche Shootout run group. Practice/Qualifying and two races on Saturday and two more races on Sunday. It should be a blast! (Please choose the "Other" option when registering.)
- On Thursday BEFORE the race weekend, Ross Bentley will be giving a "Speed Secrets" seminar at the Lamar Street Center on Thursday July 28th from 5:00-9:00 pm. It's free to anyone who raises $500 or more for RAKC sponsorship or $50 to just show up. All proceeds go to MAF either way. Spend a few bucks to help this terrific charity and do yourself the favor of finding new ways to go faster. Don't forget that top fundraisers also have the privilege of spending Friday, July 29th with Ross for a day of track side coaching at HPR! Get more info & sign up HERE.
- In addition to Ross Bentley, rumor has it that Randy Pobst had such a good time with us last year that he plans to be back this year to do some more racing with us, have some laughs, and share in the fun!
Especially For Our Spectators:
- Paid rides in race cars always deserve special mention. On Saturday and Sunday, during the lunch hours, we’ll have some very special race cars with passenger seats which donors may purchase in order to have the ride of a lifetime. These will sell out early since the number of cars available and time on track is limited to the lunch hour. Buy your Ticket to Ride at the track.
- If you are not racing, support MAF and have some fun by signing up for the Rally Against Kids' Cancer! It's a poker rally that's free to enter, starts in Golden on Saturday morning, July 30th, and ends at HPR to see your friends racing. Your stay for the dinner party (dinner tickets can be purchased at the track Sat.) and the band that evening. There will be fun stops along the way where you will pick up playing cards. The best hands at the end of the day get a seat at the final table to win a weekend at the Beaver Creek Westin along with a new Maserati (just for the weekend!) to get you there! Details and registration here.
- The Morgan Adams Grid Girls will be back again in 2016! Sign up and make a donation at the races to have a gorgeous grid girl keep you cool under an umbrella while you’re waiting for your start on the grid. With your donation, you will receive a keepsake photograph to share with your family and friends.
- Saturday and Sunday lunch - Lunches for all drivers, workers, spouses, guests and spectators on both Saturday and Sunday are available for purchase from the wonderful new HPR Food Truck near the the Pavilion.
- Saturday Night Dinner/Concert – Whole Foods is donating all to food for the Sat. dinner, so ALL your dinner ticket proceeds to to MAF. Dinner tickets can be purchased by racers when registering. I f you are attending as a spectator and wish to enjoy the Saturday evening dinner and bluegrass/country music concert, please purchase tickets Sat. in the Paddock at the MAF desk.
This is our premier event for the year. Not only incredible race car entires, but the entire effort to support a worthy cause - funding research on cancer in children!
ATTN: Workers and Volunteers: If you wish to work this event, simply CLICK HERE to sign up online